[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 32
File: 1457285552629.jpg (1 MB, 1535x1063) Image search: [Google]
1457285552629.jpg
1 MB, 1535x1063
STUPID QUESTIONS THREAD

old one is dead as dead

I'll start, is there any linux distribution that is not shit when it comes to laptop battery/power management?
>>
are there any decent steganographic software?
>>
Why do I have to use godaddy or some other shit to buy a domain name?
Why can't I register one myself without a third party?
>>
>>55541930
How do I capture Pokemons without having to go outside?
>>
>>55542035
Drop incense and hope that RNGesus smiles upon you.
>>
>>55542035
train the pokemongos to come to you
>>
>>55541930
i use lubuntu, seems ok

shit-tier netbook though
>>
>>55541992
yes, but there's very hard to find
>>
File: mobile.png (264 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
mobile.png
264 KB, 720x1280
I'm running an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1) on my HTC Jewel and the "mobile data" button in the Notification Drawer's Quick Settings doesn't actually toggle the mobile data on and off. It just takes me to the mobile data stats page. This is pretty annoying, since now I have to go to Settings > Mobile Data > toggle to toggle my mobile data on and off. I've read that this was a change from Android 4.4 to Android 5.0 and up. It's really bothersome and I'd like to find a way to make this button work again.

Unfortunately I can't use the "Custom Quick Settings" app and other standard workarounds because my phone is not rooted. It used to be, but I had to un-root for a few mobile games that I play because they detect root and won't allow you to play if it's detected. RootCloak 2 and similar root hiding techniques did not help. I'd prefer not to re-root my phone since I would lose access to these games.

I don't suppose making a few edits to the OS I'm running and then compiling it myself would be a viable option? I've never edited nor compiled an Android OS before, but I'm no stranger to coding.

I'd appreciate any insight on how to make this button function as an actual toggle for the mobile data again.
>>
I'm at my wits' end guys, I can no longer install Java, and I couldn't update it before.

I had Jre6 and Jre7 (both 32-bit) and Jre7 (64-bit)

This started when trying to update Java, seeing how Java wasn't launching I checked it in CMD and got this error:
Error occurred during initialization of VM
java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

Before I did anything I made a System Restore point
So I googled the problem did the fixes: set the PATH, CLASSPATH and removed the System32 Java files.

However, this fixed nothing.
Then I went and cleared my computer from anything Java related, including the registry files.

Rebooted, went to get to get the latest version of Java, used admin privileges, and the installer closes silently in the background.

Obviously something wrong I went to System Restore, restored and seeing all my Java files missing with System Restore saying it was unsuccessful.

Now I don't know what to do. Help?
>>
Best calendar app for Android?
>>
>>55542674
Google Calendar
>>
>>55542691
Figured as much.
>>
File: playlist.png (11 KB, 979x158) Image search: [Google]
playlist.png
11 KB, 979x158
lads I'm trying to download the video of my sister's graduation and it's giving me an M3U Audio Playlist file

the file defaults to opening in iTunes but then nothing happens

any idea?
this is what the file looks like

tried opening in VLC but it did nothing
>>
File: what.png (302 KB, 1078x607) Image search: [Google]
what.png
302 KB, 1078x607
Whenever I'm using to Windows Media Player to listen to my music, I always get this error message. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I'm running Windows 10, 64 bit.
>>
Should I get a Macbook Pro or should I get a thinkpad and put linux on it. Money isn't an issue, just trying to figure out what would make more sense.
>>
>>55542846
call ms support
>>
>>55542527
Thanks
>>
File: tumblr_msongiWvxa1qg90dao1_250.gif (445 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msongiWvxa1qg90dao1_250.gif
445 KB, 250x188
Two questions about water cooling

Is it OK to have one loop that takes heat from the CPU and the GPU before it goes to the radiator or will it fry one of them? Should I have the CPU on its own loop separate from the GPU or is it redundant?

Does it really matter what pump/reservoir/waterblock I get or is it all aesthetics?
>>
File: typefacechart.png (279 KB, 2000x1440) Image search: [Google]
typefacechart.png
279 KB, 2000x1440
Where do you go for pirating fonts?

I tried downloading a number of packs, but none include Hildegard

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/linotype/hildegard-lt/
>>
>>55541930
Hey dumbass you forgot the /sqt/
>>
Would any anons recommend getting an a+ cert? I just wanna work in a repair shop
>>
>>55543139
Yep, stupid OP. Had to search whole catalog.
>>
>>55542035
Related question, do I need an internet connection to play Go, or does it just need GPS?
>>
File: tumblr_mrw1isyQig1rz1ki7o1_1280.jpg (138 KB, 960x636) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrw1isyQig1rz1ki7o1_1280.jpg
138 KB, 960x636
>>55542035
Download a gameboy emulator
>>
>>55541930
Wheres Dwight and wheres the /sqt/ ?

GTFO newfag.
>>
>>55543256
It uses GPS for your location, but if you don't have wifi you'll need cellular data to download maps and sign in.
>>
I tried again to fix the JSON problem and I still can't get it to work. Maybe I am just retarded but at least on Codepen.io this code seems to do absolutely nothing.

$(document).ready(function() {

$("#getMessage").on("click", function(){
$.getJSON("http://quotes.stormconsultancy.co.uk/quotes.json", function(json) {

var quote = json.quote;
$(".message").html(JSON.stringify(quote));
});
});
});

Here is the HTML code which I'm very certain is correct but I'm completely stuck.

<div class="container-fluid">
<div class = "row text-center">
<h2>Cat Photo Finder</h2>
</div>
<div class = "col-xs-12 well message">
The message will go here
</div>
</div>
<div class = "col-xs-12">
<button id = "getMessage" class = "btn btn-primary">
Get Message
</button>
</div>
</div>
</div>
>>
If I don't have the disk, what's the easiest way to reinstall windows 7 on a computer already running it without the original hard drive?

I have the original HDD, if that makes it easier.
>>
>>55543684
clone the drive
>>
Is the surface pro 4 the best/only 2 in 1 device to consider? Should I go ahead and buy it or is the surface pro 5 right around the corner?
>>
I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5311, my battery can no longer hold charge. I found an original toshiba replacement but it says it´s for the Toshiba Satellite C55-a-5300 C55-a-5308 C55-a-5309 C55-a-5387

Both the dead and the Amazon one are 1.8V, 4200mAh for 15.6 inches notebook computers

Is it the one for my laptop?

Here's the link, if anyone needs it.
https://www.amazon.com/Li-ion-Battery-Toshiba-Satellite-Genuine/dp/B014ED0N00/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1468352448&sr=1-6&keywords=toshiba+satellite+c55a+battery
>>
Tried Google but... Is SuperMan ROM compatible with regular Galaxy S7?
>>
>>55543829
How do?
>>
Real thread

>>55543384
>>55543384
>>55543384
>>55543384
>>
Rooting HTC One M8 - Unlocked the bootloader/I've run fastboot over adb.

I want to spoof gps [spoiler]in poekmon go.[/spoiler]
Now what?
>>
I'm planning on changing my motherboard/CPU soon and I'm assuming I have to reinstall windows 10. However I don't have a product key and instead have "digital entitlement". How exactly does this work and will I still be able to reinstall windows?
>>
Can I crossfire a 390x with a 290x?
>>
>Open an image in Firefox
>Like what it is
>ctrl+s or drag image to a folder
>Firefox downloads the image again
Is this some fuckery with windows or is there a way to get firefox to stop redownloading images it just downloaded?
>>
>>55545485
release channel? version? os? dragging works fine for me and my internet is ungodly slow, so I'd be able to tell.
>>
>>55545523
Firefox 43.0.1
Windows 7 SP1

Dragging does the same behavior because if a thread is deleted or expires, the image will not save since it's trying to download it again even if I can view it just fine in the browser.
>>
>>55545583
do you use some flavor of 4chanx? do you have the problem on other sites too?
>>
How can I go about connecting 48 sata drives to a single motherboard?
>>
If I have a Juction Table with 2 Foreign Keys, do I need to add this IDs manually or they're automatically added when I insert something in the other tables?
>>
>>55545667
4, 6, or 8 at a time.

or buy lots of expansion cards.
>>
>>55545648
Nope no 4chan plugin aside from what's built into the site.
It persists on other sites, just looked up an image on a booru which took forever to load, then ctrl+s prompted firefox to download it again. Dragging it to a different folder from firefox had the 'Moving...' dialogue up for an equivalent amount of time.

I guess next I should see if it can even save loaded images if I cut off the internet
>>
What should I do with corrupted files on my microSD card? Is saving them a lost cause?
>>
>>55545761
>cut off the internet
Firefox won't save them no matter the method, even though they're loaded in their own tab.

This behavior is pretty consistent between versions of firefox, since my laptop is running an older version. But both are on Windows 7 SP1 but it seems absurd that the OS would ignore the files firefox has access to and download them again. Well, maybe not absurd since it's windows.
>>
>>55541930
Why do websites still default to 32bit downloads instead of 64bit? I was downloading VLC earlier and I was wondering why it would do that.
>>
>>55542711
>I am downloading this video but it won't download in this format
>let me leave out where I am downloading the video from
>>
File: how.png (8 KB, 385x53) Image search: [Google]
how.png
8 KB, 385x53
Why is IRC so popular? are most of this users bots?
>>
so im having issues with how much memory my phone is using at the moment. someone recommended Nova launcher as a no root option to kinda help with that, but ive heard mixed reviews on it. is there another recommended no root launcher that would help with my memory issues or is Nova alright?
>>
Cheap cooler for a i5 3470 that doesn't make more noise than a stock? I bought this i5 used, but the guy didn't want/had to sell the cooler.

It doesn't need to be super silent or anything, but I bought a shit on that runs at 100% all the time. It was my worst purchase since I bought 2x4gb ram on a mobo that has just 2 ram slots.

Would be dangerous to put my cooler from g2030 on this i5?
>>
Best adblocker for firefox?
>>
>>55541930
NETWORK MAGIC NEEDED
I've been fucking with shorewall but it doesn't seem to work for what I'm trying to do.

The computer in question has two network interfaces + a vpn interface. Will refer to them as eth0, eth1, and ppp0.

eth0 is connected to my home network. On this home network I have a pc serving media.
eth1 is connected to a device for stuff (gaymin), but this device can also see and play content from dlna, which is what the media pc is doing.

I usually have eth1's traffic directly routed to ppp0, which connects physically through eth0 to the modem.

what I want to do is route all traffic from eth1 to ppp0 as default, but for certain services and ports the traffic would instead be routed from eth1 to eth0 to be on the normal home network.

What the fuck am I suppose to do?
>>
>>55547511
Ublock Origin, and get in your firefox settings and set Flash to ask everytime
>>
>>55547429
Any Hyper 212 variant will be more than you need, and pretty cheap
>>
File: lost hope.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
lost hope.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
My browser fucks up the formating on wiki's that run on the wikia network, and youtube just says "please sign in to continue" when I push the notification button to see comment responses and such, despite the fact i'm signed in

I know the two are related because this happened once before, both happening at once, and it spontaneously fixed itself, but now it's back.

It happens both in firefox and google chrome.

help?
>>
Do I need to partition the new hard drive before cloning to it?
>>
File: RIP.jpg (588 KB, 1532x2048) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
588 KB, 1532x2048
/g/uys I want your opinions. Lightning struck my house and fried my modem and router, it came in through the cable line and traveled through the ethernet cables. I think my CPU is fried, Im getting BIOS post codes that mean no ram is installed. Does my CPU look fried?
>>
should i go with cooler master hyper d92 vs 212 evo

i5 6600k
>>
If I have an awesome gaming rig, but want to play elsewhere, can I stream it to an okay laptop over wifi without it lagging too hard?
>>
>>55548239
No.

>>55548507
Do you have a strong reason not to use the stock cooler?

>>55546890
>Why is IRC so popular?
It's a very simple protocol to implement, and it has a long history of use.

>are most of this users bots?
Not on the channels I've been on.
>>
Are there any good browsers these days? Firefox and Chrome seem to both have gone right to shit.
>>
Has anybody taken both the A+ 801 and 901 for any reason?

My dumbass studied for the 801 not realizing it expired, so 901 is my option. I see the mobile section and lots of older tech is removed, but what are some key differences to study before finally taking it?
>>
File: Task manager perma fucked.png (36 KB, 704x539) Image search: [Google]
Task manager perma fucked.png
36 KB, 704x539
What the fuck happened to my task manager /g/?
>>
What sites do you use to see the best phones out now?
Also, can you recommend me a good one that costs up to US$ 500,00?
>>
OK so in kodi it's widely accessable to get a think of live TV things. Where does the content stream from?
I would consider myself good with computers, but it's a topic of no discussion on any forums I've seen.
>>
What are some good resources for someone who wants to learn web design and web programming but isn't new to programming?
>>
What's the current concensus on Windows 10 for those already part of the botnet. Dead serious, not sure if I should be upgrading or not and there's only a few weeks left for free.
>>
>>55541930
Well, are we?
>>
Alright, im about to build a new computer. But I need to do it right this time. Two questions:

1. I intend on using my same drives on my new pc. Do I really need to de-register my copy of windows 7 before plugging my drives into a new machine? Or does it not matter? Has anyone ever been locked out of their machine for doing this?

2. What graphics card company makes the most coolest, quietest gpus? I currently own an MSI and it's like a space heater in my room. But this could also be because of my current case.
>>
>>55542846
Use Musicbee instead.
>>
regarding charging technology and the new standard of USB type C, are these two technologies independent? As in, the LG G5 is labeled as being a Quickcharge 3.0 phone, however it has a usb type C port. Does this mean qualcomm's technology is only usable from USB type A, to C but when the phone is charged with a standard type C to type C quickcharge isnt involved, and it just charges 'normally' at the specification of the type C charger? Would that be how things work?
>>
>>55542035
>>55543509
Use a GPS spoofer.
I use the paid version of fakeGPS and it seems to work fine, granted I am rooted and have xposed installed with mock mock locations. I'm not sure if you need the latter two, though.
>>
>>55548241
Those black contacts look suspicious. You better smell it - if it burnt you will know. Also have your checkt the RAM? MB is probably right - RAM is usually first one to go in case of short circuits, lightnings etc.
>>
File: deep_fried_motherboard.jpg (525 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
deep_fried_motherboard.jpg
525 KB, 2048x1536
>>55548241
I don't think you fryed it right...
>>
>>55549769
is oil electrically conductive?
>>
>>55549800
obviously not
>>
>>55549834
nm, I thought pic was using literal frying oil
>>
>>55549849
I still think that, what the fuck is it using?
if its distilled water, whys it yellow?
>>
>>55549769
>>55549800
>>55549834
>>55549849
>>55549867
It is vegetable/canola oil.
Most oils are non conductive, and the most popular oil used for PC submersion is probably pure mineral oil.

Here's link to thread for pic related:
https://hardforum.com/threads/i-deep-fried-my-computer-literally.1104341/
>>
>>55549867
its oil using the heat from the cpu
>>
>>55549927
that would be frying oil.. like I thought.
>>
So I bought a used laptop off of ebay and it came with a hard drive. I doubt they used dban on it what would be the best tools to use to recover data on it? Its not really a big deal but I would like to see if there is anything interesting before I start writing data to it.
>>
File: MAXIMUM_COMFY.png (82 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM_COMFY.png
82 KB, 500x475
Somewhat of a tech retard here. I want a new computer, but I'm not sure if stationary is what I want, it feels like an overkill for what I'm planning to use it for. Basically casual use, able to survive for long, civ5/6 and overwatch. So far I found one laptop for 1000usd.

Lenovo ideapad 700: 256gb ssd, 8 ram, i7-6700hq 2.6GHz, nvidia GTX 950m (or same specs, but GTX 940m for 17.3inch screen instead of 15.6)

Worth the money? Other alternatives? Would love some help.
>>
my chinkphone (Bluboo X2) runs android 4.2.2. i need at least 4.4 to play pokemon go

when i click software update in the About Phone section, it says its already updated to latest version. Is there anyway i can see if 4.4 can be installed on this any other way?
>>
File: 131718-p202662.jpg (131 KB, 800x475) Image search: [Google]
131718-p202662.jpg
131 KB, 800x475
Does it matter which one of those three I use for the CPU? They all look the same to me.
>>
why isn't there some website/app for marijuana hookups? I know police are an issue but there has to be a way to circumvent it( please don't laugh at me for asking this)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468396007740.jpg (30 KB, 629x437) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468396007740.jpg
30 KB, 629x437
How much should I pay for a used 270x royal queen?
The guy.is asking for 100EUR bit I think 50 is more suitable

Or I should just wait for a 1060 3g? I have a bad feeling it will retail for 200€ where I live (italy) and it will alone cost as much as my pc
>>
>>55550842
> civ5/6
I don't know about 6, but civ5 works on a modern intel HD. Overwatch will perform like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-PhEUDY98g
Anyway, I think you don't need a discrete card. Search for a laptop with 4-core i5 (HQ): http://ark.intel.com/products/family/88393/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i5-Processors#@Mobile

Oh, and make sure RAM isn't soldered, so you can upgrade it later.
>>
File: 1468379552907.png (25 KB, 704x539) Image search: [Google]
1468379552907.png
25 KB, 704x539
>>55549271
Double click on the white space marked red here on my picture.
>>
>>55549276
Normal people will look at you like you have aids if you have anything other than Apple or Samsung Galaxy.
So honest answer is just get one if you dont care about performance,camera,battery,usage or anything else and be happy.
I say this since iPhone is pretty limited and the Galaxy is still viewed as the nerds choice.
>>
>>55551673
> "they all look the same to me"
> Despite each having clear labels as to what is for what.

Sure anon, use any old plug. It's not like you deserve a computer anyway or anything.
>>
File: 1468392940921.png (3 KB, 348x91) Image search: [Google]
1468392940921.png
3 KB, 348x91
either this watercooler (h105) has a thermoelectric cooler in it or amd is grubby jew liars because its 16c inside
someone plz explain why the temp is so low
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (29 KB, 425x382) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
29 KB, 425x382
What is a good custom kernel for Android?

I want to undervolt my HTC M7 to mitigate the shitty battery usage. I'm using Cyanogenmod 12.1 and the included kernel doesn't appear to support voltage changes.

Thanks /g/urus
>>
>>55552140
Defective program.
Go in bios and check temps from there
>>
>>55549271
the level of new is disturbing
>>
>>55552140
>speccy
>accurate temperatures
pick one and only one
>>
>>55542864
Get an EliteBook (ThinkPads are meme now) and put Linux on it.
>>
File: pain.jpg (36 KB, 462x579) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
36 KB, 462x579
>>55541930
I guess this is as good of a place as any. Is there a better distro than Kodibuntu or Openelec for HTPC's? I moved from Openelec, because I wanted the desktop option. Emulating games and so forth. But Kodibuntu had some bugs I can't remember and IIRC, it fucked up and I couldn't use my backup on it.
>>
File: IMG_20160703_120212.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_120212.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>55552160
This. 84xx series are god-tier.
>>
>>55551986
Civ isn't the main issue, Id like something that would last for years to come as well. So is i7 too much for what I need? I was looking for something with good GPU in mind, and I don't have good experience with intel.
>>
>>55543121
Either torrent sites or uFonts, the latter of which seems to have what you're looking for:
http://ufonts.com/search/hildegard
>>
>>55542528
Have you tried long press? I seem to remember that working, but I might be wrong.
>>
>>55547511
Ublock origin.
Shit also work amazing on mobile.
>>
How big is the difference between 8 core phone CPU and a 4 core phone CPU?

I want to get a new phone and the LG G FLex2 has 8 core cpu and more expensive lg g2 has a 4 core cpu.. so how is that possible? is the cheaper one much more powerful?
>>
Asus k501ux. Worth the money? Looks really good on paper.
>>
File: ss.png (21 KB, 914x382) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
21 KB, 914x382
Why ain't I seeding?
>>
>>55553923
Nobody is downloading the blocks you have
>>
>>55553935
Is the person I'm connected to not attempting to download, or something? Why is he listed as a peer?
>>
>>55553945
learn to fucking torrent. No one close to you needs the chunks you have, there are others who are currently seeding it.
>>
>>55552975
There's more to the phone than how many cores the cpu has. How big are the batteries? Whats the quality of the cameras? How much storage does each come with? RAM? Clock speed?
>>
>>55553945
It alarms me to know that, however indirectly, my computers interact with the boxes of idiots like you.

Why the fuck are you using a protocol when you clearly have no idea how it works? Do you still open files called "HilariousWeirdAl.mp3.exe"?
>>
>>55553972
I don't see how this situation is vaguely similar to being dumb enough to open .mp3.exe files.
>>
why is it that people choose to put their watercooling radiators with the fans as an intake in front of their case rather than an exhaust in the back?
>>
Do speakers get damaged if you block the sound with your hand so it doesn't escape from the speakers and so damages them??
>>
What GPU should I buy a R9 390 or R9 380X?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 119x119) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 119x119
>>55541930
I'm looking to buy a cheap, refurb. Think pad for school/work. Was looking at the T420 and T430. Anything I should know before buying? Going to install Linux on it, just curious about the actual hardware. Thx
>>
File: WlR56Tv.png (8 KB, 712x52) Image search: [Google]
WlR56Tv.png
8 KB, 712x52
>>55554490
I noticed this weird thing on my C drive and i have no idea what it is. It's taking up a bunch of space as well.

is it safe to remove? How do i access its files?
>>
>>55552059
Why should I care abou random people think about my phone?

I heard that Motorola and Sony had some good phones. Where can I see which they are?
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x557
>>55554541
What does this have to do with
>>55554490
>>
File: x5aUPbG.png (29 KB, 428x468) Image search: [Google]
x5aUPbG.png
29 KB, 428x468
>>55554741
Nothing. i clicked the post number to bring up the reply window and forgot to remove the link.
>>
What do you think about shelving some cash to take supplementary courses on Udemy, Coursera... Are those places scams or can you learn some meaningful shit, for example. I want to learn more about MySQL and it takes a long as fuck time to research the correct learning path and find the "free" online resources to do it. Would shelving $30 - $40 bucks be worth it?
>>
What should I know about registering a domain? The one that I want has one of the obscure top domains(?) and is unused according to it's official website, but when I click register it offers me to use one of maaany registrant websites. How should I pick one?

I just want a cool/professional address for my email and blog profile.
>>
Best ROM for galaxy s5 9600F?
>>
File: 11220237-large.jpg (14 KB, 380x256) Image search: [Google]
11220237-large.jpg
14 KB, 380x256
Best way to cross iterate through matrixes in Python.

The crux of what i need is,

[list('abc'),list('pqr'),list('zxy')]
then iterate

a, q, y
c, q, z

how?
>>
>>55541930
Bought a new motherboard, cpu, ram to replace old ones
Do I need to reinstall windows afte replacing them
If not, what do I need to do?
>>
>>55541930
Is gravity real? Or just a social construct to prevent us from flying (and hurting the automotive industry)?
>>
>>55556635
up
>>
>>55556811
The OS is saved onto the HD so I would not expect it to be necessary. Can not confirm. You might need to go to the BIOS and tell it to boot from the HD.
>>
File: psutemp.png (48 KB, 774x574) Image search: [Google]
psutemp.png
48 KB, 774x574
/g/ newfag here purchasing my first build after a few more paychecks. is a 650W PSU ample for this build? I don't want a 1200W overkill PSU but I don't want to be borderline-okay.
1080FE is a placeholder until one i want is in stock.
>>
I got a HDMI recently (been using VGA) and now sometimes shit starts flickering all over the place with random green pixels popping up everywhere, I didn't change the resolution or anything, what exactly is fucked here, the monitor, the GPU or the cable?
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-13+at+01.04.53).jpg (95 KB, 1496x529) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-13+at+01.04.53).jpg
95 KB, 1496x529
didnt see any mice thread just wondering if anyone has used this model and if they would recommend it.

i plan on getting a few, it looks nice for its cheap price.
>>
>>55555555
>>
>>55542006
Politics, mainly
>>
>>55553923
seeding is "pulled" from other peers
you can't force someone to download from you, his client has simply decided not to download from you at this time, could be many reasons, such as that he's already at his limit downloading from other peers
>>
>>55554541
it's a partition with no recognized filesystem on it
it has nothing to do with "C drive"
it might contain a filesystem unrecognized by linux (pretty unlikely), or it might contain a damaged filesystem, or it may contain nothing at all
yes, it's safe to remove, or format at reuse, but doing so may limit your ability to recover anything from it if it was supposed to have a filesystem there
>>
>>55543543
Definitely won't work on codepen -- you're not allowed to make HTTP requests to other domains in JS.

The solution is to provide some kind of mirror on your server, or to set the 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header.
>>
>>55548984
Printers. I just got my cert a few weeks ago. Printers, definitely. Also need to know Linux/Mac shit and their features. Command line shit for Linux, the hipster as fuck names for tools on Mac.
>>
>>55556635
lists = [
'abc',
'pqr',
'zxy'
]
lists = [
'abc',
'pqr',
'zxy'
]
[lists[a][a] for a in range(len(lists))]
>>>['a', 'q', 'y']
[lists[a][len(lists)-a-1] for a in range(len(lists))]
>>>['c', 'q', 'z']
>>
How best to host a Bitcoin node on Debian Jessie?

My network can take a lot, but I'm already hosting an i2p router, so I'd like to throttle it.
>>
>>55543072
Single loop going from one component to another is fine, putting a rad between cpu and gpu is better, separate loops are ideal. It would be nothing to run cpu > 120rad rear exhaust >gpu and give you cooler water to cool your gpu with. Reservoir is mostly aesthetic. Water block is highly important, the biggest thing to look for is make sure it actually has some sort of micro channeling or fins to increase surface area for water to draw heat.

Pump is probably the most important, you need high enough flow to move the heat, but enough head pressure to get through the loop. Rads and blocks provide quite a bit of resistance to flow, so the more you have, the more power you need. Most enthusiasts use laing d5(high flow) or ddc(high pressure) pumps. The ddc pump is very high rpm, and thus also needs it's own external cooling. Usually comes in the form of a metal finned shroud to Passively cool the motor. The reason these are the 2 favorites is that they're actually industrial pumps made for heavy duty purposes, not your fish tank bubbler. Watch jayz2cents video breakdown on liquid cooling. He covers pretty much everything you need to know.
>>
>>55544486
Call Microsoft and explain that your motherboard died, and needed to buy new parts. They'll probably re-register windows to your new mobo.
>>
>>55552140
Speccy isn't known for being particularly accurate. But amd cpus dont have heat sensors. They instead use an algorithm based off the Northbridge temp and another component. This causes misrepresented Temps both on the high and low side if your motherboard temp isn't ~50c. They're infamous for reading below 10 once you get your Temps below 30c.
>>
File: gtx460.gif (26 KB, 400x493) Image search: [Google]
gtx460.gif
26 KB, 400x493
Can I get a GTX 950 to replace this one? I have PCIe2.0 and I don't know if I need PCIe3.0.
>>
Why does it seem like my hosts file isn't blocking shit? I'm trying to use it to block both Spotify and Skype's ads, but it doesn't seem to be doing either.
>>
>>55558870
if you've only just made/edited your hosts file, the queries may still be cached by your OS/browser
>>
>>55558895
I've tried doing both ipconfig /release and then /renew and also /flushdns, and it still doesn't seem to be taking effect.
>>
>>55558870
I wouldn't recommend hosts file for blocking since it's less efficient than solutions which allow for wildcards for example.
>>
>>55558934
how about restarting the dns client service?
>>
>>55558944
What method would you recommend then?
>>55558957
I'll try that now.
>>
>>55558972
>What method would you recommend then?
Depends on what you're blocking, but an Ad Blocking app would be better. You might also want to check out NoTrack.
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (27 KB, 326x391) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
27 KB, 326x391
I have a 29" ultrawide that only has HDMI connections. 2560x1080.

I want to connect it to one of my display ports on my GPU since I also have a TV I'd like to connect to the HDMI port.

I'm a bit confused on what adapter or cable I should buy to connect it to the display port.
>>
>>55558834
You could plug it into pcie 1.1 4x and it would work. Pcie 2. 0 @16 is only 1% functionally slower than pcie 3.0@16. Nothing currently available will have any noticeable bottleneck with pcie 2.0 @8. Definitely not a pidly ass 960.

>>55559001
http://www.cableleader.com/6ft-displayport-to-hdmi-cable-28awg.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwzZe8BRDguN3cmOr4_dgBEiQAijjVFlRhUd28BIbn3XD-8MPa17sXoaindxKGx4Ih0mgq0ZAaAgYf8P8HAQ
>>
>>55559238
the description says it only supports resolutions up to 1920x1080
>>
I found myself calling GPUs VGAs
Do this happen so someone else?
>>
>>55559354
max res for tv?
>>
File: 454845.jpg (83 KB, 460x305) Image search: [Google]
454845.jpg
83 KB, 460x305
>>55556898
Shiggity-shameless self bump
>>
>>55559692
just add up the max power draw for each component and add 10-25%
>>
>>55559497
No, you're retarded.
>>
>>55559497
VGA = Those 15-pin D-sub ports
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/VLbdXH

Opinions? I'm planning on picking up the GT1060.
>>
>>55559354
Didn't even look at that. But as >>55559657 is suggesting. If your TV maxes out at 1080, you'd be best to buy that cable and use it for that. Otherwise you're going to need a 30$ adapter.
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16812232065&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-Mobile-_-pla-_-Audio+Video+Converters-_-N82E16812232065&gclid=Cj0KEQjwzZe8BRDguN3cmOr4_dgBEiQAijjVFlHCY9Bwo_RBIKDB-wpL7GYjZsKWASeonrLVtQO7lUEaAs4m8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
>>55559744
Sweet, maxes out at 500 with 25% tax. Thanks family.
>>
Hello guys,
is it safe (undetectable) to use torrents when on VPN (Hotspot Shield, seems pretty cool).
I mean, I wanna download movies, but because sharing it is a crime, and torrenting includes sharing it, I'm doing a crime. But, my question is, am I anonymous with that VPN?
I read something about that VPNs won't help you. Thanks
>>
File: 2016-07-13 15-56-08.jpg (313 KB, 2190x752) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-13 15-56-08.jpg
313 KB, 2190x752
any laptop anons here? Did I get tricked into buying a laptop at more or less the price it's worth. Im currently using a chromebook for basic browsing which is shit when watching streams/etc.
>>
>>55543139
>>55543215
you tubs of lard can use the exercise
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.