[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Private Internet Access a decent enough VPN? They seem to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: pialogo.png (3 KB, 209x28) Image search: [Google]
pialogo.png
3 KB, 209x28
Is Private Internet Access a decent enough VPN? They seem to be one of the best price wise, but the fact that they are based in the US somewhat worries me.
>>
botnet
>>
>>55541084
Can you elaborate? Maybe provide some evidence?
>>
>>55540124
they have a canary in case there's a gag order.

PIA also just pulled out of Russia because they were going to force them to keep traffic logs.
>>
>>55540124

>using a VPN that is based in the United States and doesn't accept cash as payment

they're logging, don't listen to their paid shills on reddit and 4chan
>>
>>55541280
if it's US based, it is compromised. period.

even avoid anything between the 16 eyes for good measure
>>
>>55542264
Why is it compromised simply by being in the US?

I understand that governmental bodies can issue data warrants and subpoenas that are impossible to resist.
But it sounds like PIA don't keep any logs, so even if they comply with the order they have nothing to hand over anyway?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just trying to understand.
>>
>>55542367
They can be made to keep logs, even just on specific people. Also, can be made to keep canaries. It's all meaningless. You just have to pick one to trust over another, but, of course, using a VPN could be used against you too.
>>
>>55542367
NSA can simply seize the server and watch what you do while you think everything is normal.
>>
>>55542393
>>55542401
Well that's depressing.
If law enforcement and spying agencies can force people to lie then how can you be sure of anything?

What services would you recommend?
>>
>>55542447
You can't be sure of anything. Stop using connected electronics if you want to be safe from prying eyes.
PIA probably is one of the best ones.
>>
>>55542255
source?
>>
>>55540124
Related:
>>55541851
>>
what about tunnel bear (canada-based)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.