[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you know that Firefox gives your IP address to the websites
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: mozillafirefox.jpg (229 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mozillafirefox.jpg
229 KB, 1600x1200
Did you know that Firefox gives your IP address to the websites you visit?
Why are people using it?
>>
>>55539467
You can configure it so that it doesn't.
>>
>>55539467
-273,15 / 0
>>
>>55539467
chrome and ie also do that :(
>>
>>55539467
even if i'm behind 7 proxies?
>>
>connect to website from an IP address because the website has an IP address itself and request data from website at IP address
>website has to know where to send the data being requested
>this is perfectly normal operation
>idiots attempting to imply this is broken or somehow incorrect defective methodology
>learn how TCP/IP works, you idiots
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>55539904
when i met you in the summer
>>
File: ip.png (55 KB, 446x573) Image search: [Google]
ip.png
55 KB, 446x573
ITT: Newfags not proxying through 127.0.0.1 so websites only get that IP
>>
op, you're obviously retarded if you don't know how to prevent this.
You have to regigabyte your kernel's TCP/IP stack to scramble your IP and set up a reverse proxy on a different server, ie Google's DNS server. You just need to loop your traffic back through that proxy so that websites can't backtrace your TCP signature.
>>
>>55539467
>2016
>Not tunneling your traffic through ssh on stolen wifi.
Normies, leave from here.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.