[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best GPU for <250 $? Why? Is 256-bit a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: cd1267e06fc1c3239.jpg (37 KB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
cd1267e06fc1c3239.jpg
37 KB, 450x254
What's the best GPU for <250 $?
Why?
Is 256-bit a meme? Why? Why not?
What do you go after when chosing a graphics card?
Is it possible to edit video and render 3d with a card for under 250?
>>
>>55538945
GeForce GTX 960 is looking favorable.
128-bit, but 7 010 MHz, 1 241 MHz frequenz GPU.
4 GB.
>>
256bit is not a meme. It represents a bandwidth channel for GPU's utilization of memory and there is a noticeable difference with higher bandwidth across different configurations of texture units/rop's/shader units. Always shoot for 256bit - do not accept 128 or lower unless it's a fucking bargain. Even then, 128bit will usually bottleneck your gpu's ability to render shit if it's not a piece of shit to begin with. 192bit is usually going to be your best perf/dollar option for nvidias because they suckerpunch the price for 256bit and above.
>>
>>55539048
That was what I was considering as well. So I did some googling and people kept saying it didn't really matter. But from what I understand, that could make much more use of the specs on the card.

Today I got the Gigabyte Radeon HD6950 2GB, it is 256-bit.
I was considering the GTX 970 4GB, or the GTX960, but most likely won't take that due to 128-bit.
>>
>>55539585
Or is the coil whine to much for this one?
>>
Wait for the GTX 1060.
>>
File: dd.png (42 KB, 964x337) Image search: [Google]
dd.png
42 KB, 964x337
>>55540012
What will the price be aprox? And why?
I have a rig that I am currently at. I want to boost it since it is 5 years old and slower than an autistic 9gager.
Here are my current specs.
HDD and RAM is a must I guess.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.