[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seems I'm allergic to mouse pads. Getting dermatitis on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
Seems I'm allergic to mouse pads.
Getting dermatitis on the part of the hand that sometimes touches my plastic cloth pad.
Anyone here had this problem? What do?
Get a different mousepad? I have an optical mouse, don't know if hard mouse pads work well with it
>>
Have you considered getting a trackball mouse? I believe it's one of many solutions to your problem. How about getting a modeled made from a different material? Consider making sure it's not just some other thing that's causing this. Maybe just go without the mousepad, and use your mouse on the desk.
>>
optical mice work on anything. the only purpose of the pad is to protect your desk and lower the friction for easier moving
>>
>>55536283
I'm pretty sure it is the mousepad, it happened the same 2 years ago when I was using a different mouse pad, still cloth.
Desk doesn't work at all, mouse seems to track perfectly on an old diary cover I have but it's really tiny.
I think an hard pad wouldn't cause this reaction on my skin, I went to amazon to find one and first review said it wouldn't work well with optical mice, and linked another soft cloth pad for optical use.
So I did some googling but I'm getting very mixed results.
Trackball could work but I'm so used to normal mice and I think it wouldn't be as fast and accurate, I'd like to try solving the pad problem
>>
>>55536175
>>55536453
Most mouse pads simply contain toxic chemicals
There has been a test of 18 random mouse pads a few years ago
All but 2 contained toxins
1 was so toxic (same amount of mercury of 100+ energy saving lamps) it was immediately removed from sale after the test

Source is unfortunately german and no gaming mouse pads were tested: http://www.oekotest.de/cgi/index.cgi?artnr=98631&bernr=23&seite=01
>>
>>55536453
Get an aluminum mousepad. Almost as smooth as as anime girl's ass and easy to clean. Just wipe with alcohol or put it under the faucet.
>>
>>55536553
Why do people on this board still order those shitty $1 chinese mousepads, wouldn't it be common sense that they'd poison you? All to get your favorite anime girl on your pad.
I'd expect better from /g/
>>
>>55536843
More expensive gaming mouse pads are no better in that regard
Amazon reviews contain lots of complaints about bad odor and allergic reactions
>>
>>55536175
I have extremely sensitive skin and use pic related with no issues
>>
>>55536175
use a hard mousepad or your desk

no optical mouse should have issues tracking on a hard mousepad unless it's made of glass or something
>>
>>55537039
>order a pure PTFE plate as non-toxic mouse pad replacement
>neither my DeathAdder nor my G400 work on it
>end up using it as easily-cleanable baking paper replacement
>>
>>55537100
Optical mice may have trouble tracking on smooth, white surfaces.
>>
>>55537100
>>55537115
Yeah, if the surface doesn't have some kinda texture, the mouse might not track so good. The newer razer mice have a calibration tool that lets them track better on certain surfaces though, so that's always worth a try.

>>55536913
I found that mat actually wears out pretty fast, or at least the 4HD I bought did.
>>
>>55536175
wash your shit
>>
>>55536913
i had this, what a piece of shit.
>>
>>55537143
>>55537171
razer destructor 2 (and the scarab but that's hard to get nowadays) is less gaudy, way more durable, and comes with a neat carry case that you will never use
>>
File: g440-hard-gaming-mouse-pad.png (97 KB, 498x319) Image search: [Google]
g440-hard-gaming-mouse-pad.png
97 KB, 498x319
>>55537250
>razer destructor 2
that name, jesus cucking crist
I have this, serves me well
>>
>>55537143
Dude what are you doing with your mousepad to wear it out? Got that pad in a combo deal with a rival 300 more than a year ago and with an average of 2-3 hours daily gaming on it on top of regular shitposting time mine still looks like new
>>
>>55536175
mousepads are botnet
>>
>>55537359
idk i played videogames with it, maybe I just got a defective one, but it wore out within a year

>>55537320
yeah razer names are all edgy shit, but it looks nice and plain
>>
>>55536175
you're not allergic to the mat, you probably cleaned it recently and the chemicals stayed trapped in the suface and fibers

I had some sort of dermatitis like a lot of little warts (not watery) on the top of my mid finger and only on the top skin part like from sweat or whatever

or it might be the mouse idk

best is to not aggravate the affected part further with dust, dirt or cleaning chemicals, put some some medicine a doctor advised on it
>>
>>55537540
I googled it and I guess I have this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyshidrosis

but it only appears on my right mouse hand so it could be that
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.