[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2000 motherfucking 16 Why the fuck can't printers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: black-and-white-laser-printer.jpg (141 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
black-and-white-laser-printer.jpg
141 KB, 1500x1500
It's 2000 motherfucking 16
Why the fuck can't printers just work?
I just want the drivers, I don't want your fruity rainbow interface, I don't want fucking news, I don't want to subscribe to your god awful newsletters

I just want to hit that print button and watch a sheet of paper go in, and come out with whatever I wanted
>>
>>55535159
>I just want to hit that print button and watch a sheet of paper go in, and come out with whatever I wanted

Buy an hp laser printer from the 90's
>>
My Brother laser printer just werks out of the box without installing any of the utility bullshit.
>>
I have that printer and it works fine.
You just have to take the drivers out of the CD and install them manully instead of going through their stupid installers
>>
>>55535258
>My Brother laser printer

Also this, and they don't tend to jew you out on consumables.
>>
>>55535159
Steve Jobs died before he could reinvent the printer. We need to wait for the next Steve Jobs now.
>>
>>55535272
Mine throws a warning to replace the toner even though it still has a few hundred pages left, but there's a menu option that allows you to ignore it (not hidden either, documented in the manual). No taping over a sensor or other bullshit hacks.

I've also had good luck with cheaper third party toners from newegg.
>>
Use a real operating system (Mac OS X) and you can have this

Most printers work straight away. And in the rare occasion that a driver is needed, OS X downloads just the drivers themselves. No bloatware needed
>>
>>55535159
Surprised the EPA hasn't banned these yet.
>>
>>55535280
>Steve Jobs died before he could reinvent the printer.

Acchually...

The first consumer laser printer was made by apple if my memory serves well. Laser printers are generally fucking dependable, I wonder if someone still uses it.
>>
>>55535258
Same. Bought it in 2012 Printed enough shit for 2 years of school and assorted other shit. Still going strong with no issues.
>>
Just download the bare drivers from the website. The ones on the CD are more than likely outdated anyway.
>>
>>55535299

Same thing, dcp-7057 masterrace here.
>>
>>55535159
i can confirm that this printer is actually good.

also it has good linux support. however configuration of wireless printing has to be done from windows. but aftrer that any platform can print through wifi.
>>
They're designed to break. That's how they get more money from companies.
>>
>>55535272
Brother printers are probably the only ones that don't fuck with the users much
I had the misfortune of owning an HP laserjet with scanner

First of all it installed the retarded HP bloatware applications. It wouldn't work without those applications, so I had to use them. It was all fine and all, except their applications crashed all the fucking time. I selected the 600ppi option for scanning, crash. I try to print something, crash.

I'm so glad I moved on to a wireless printer, they're kind of expensive compared to their wired counterparts, but printing using remotely without any driver hassle is worth it
>>
>>55535159
I have had to fix and setup so many printers over the years that I'm a pro at it by now.

I agree though the company that figures this shit out will make a fortune!
>>
>>55535258
I have a Brother too, and my only problem is that when I print from android, I get much lower quality of printouts.
>>
>>55535314
CUPS is available not only in MacOS X.
>>
>>55535258
My Brother printer works like shit. Just fucking dots on a page. Linux that just don't work
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.