[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: rms fa.jpg (2 MB, 1908x2042) Image search: [Google]
rms fa.jpg
2 MB, 1908x2042
Previously on: >>55515243

Welcome to /fglt/ - Friendly GNU/Linux Thread.
Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about GNU/Linux and share their experiences.

*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly GNU/Linux Thread. ***

Before asking for help, please check our list of resources[*].

If you would like to try out GNU/Linux you can do one of the following:
0) Install a GNU/Linux distribution of your choice in a Virtual Machine using VirtualBox or other software made for this puporse for safety purposes.
1) Use the Live ISO (if your distribution of choice has one) to boot directly into the GNU/Linux distribution without installing anything, that way, you can get to experience the GNU/Linux operating system without installing it.
2) Dual boot the GNU/Linux distribution of your choice along with Windows or macOS, this is recommended if you want to know more about the GNU/Linux operating system.
3) Go balls deep and replace everything with GNU/Linux.

Meet the /fglt/ team:

IRC: irc://chat.freenode.net:6667/flt (6697 for SSL)
If you don't have an IRC client, you can use a web client:
https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=flt
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/flt
WEB: http://fglt.nl/

* Resources:
Your friendly neighborhood search engine (searx, ixquick, startpage, whatever.)
$ man <insert command here>
https://wiki.archlinux.org (Most troubleshoots work on all distros.)
https://wiki.gentoo.org (Please see comment above.)
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Category:GNU/Linux
https://prism-break.org/en/categories/gnu-linux/
http://linuxcommand.org/tlcl.php
https://www.gnu.org
>>
File: jigsaw-25965_1280.png (118 KB, 1280x1277) Image search: [Google]
jigsaw-25965_1280.png
118 KB, 1280x1277
Hello. Is there some kind of GRATIS online Twitter automatization tool, to make easier to reply to many tweets of the same topic sequentially? I don't know if IFTTT could do this.
It would not be a full-bot. This would be strange and dumb. But something easier than reading everyday and replying by copypasting and editing messages...
>>
>>55533925
fuck this fat autistic commie virgin and his shitty os.
>>
>>55534443
Python
>>
>>55534455
>calling GNU an OS
GNU isn't actually an OS, just part of one.
>>
>>55534455

I wonder what it must be like to watch all your colleges get tremendously rich and successful while you're a fat broke piece of shit. Sad.
>>
>>55534472
GNU is an OS, it is an entire Userland which is most of the OS then there is a kernel which can be microkernel, exokernel, monolithic, nano and hybrid kernel, GNU has a failed kernel which is multiserver microkernel called Hurd, it's absolute shit, so they use the monolithic kernel Linux, in which that makes GNU an entire operating system. Just like Android being the userland and Linux being the kernel, im not gonna refer to it as GNU/Linux but rather just GNU because nobody says Android/Linux but only Android
>>
>>55534472
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as GNU, is in fact, Linux plus GNU, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Linux. GNU is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the Linux libs, utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often referred to as GNU, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux Project.

There really is a GNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. GNU is just a set of system libraries and utilities. GNU is a useful part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GNU is normally used in combination with the Linux operating system: the whole system is basically Linux with GNU added, or Linux. All the so-called GNU distributions are really distributions of Linux!
>>
>>55534455
he's not a virgin though

>>55534520
yeah but can they get away with eating their own feet without losing anyone's respect?
>>
>>55534461
I don't want to program my own solution, because I don't have a server.
>>
>>55534543
No, anon, just no. GNU is not Android. Android is a full system on top of Linux kernel. GNU is just a set of libs and tools. Even X is not GNU. Linux distribution is so much more than GNU on top of linux kernel.
>>
>>55534543
GNU is no OS. O-asses needs kernel!
>>
>>55534559
You can run python programs on your home computer. Amazing, isn't it?
>>
>>55534565
I never said GNU was Android, completely different systems. Yes it is a full system on top of Linux, GNU is an entire userland system on top of Linux kernel, obviously GNU distros are much more than GNU and Linux as they add their own package managers, DE, and extra software of course.
>>
>>55534574
Yeah, then it would be a server. Would need to be turned on 24/7. This isn't gratis.
>>
>>55534571
GNU has a kernel, Hurd, but they use Linux because it's a better kernel.
>>
>>55534605
HURD doesn't works.
It's only a draft of a kernel.
>>
>>55534565
yes X is extra software added and is not GNU but that's not the Operating System, it's simply external third party software, why do people feel the need to bring up unrelated software
>>
>>55534586
They are Linux distros. They call themselves Linux distros, and that is the primary reason why they are Linux distros. They include both Linux kernel and GNU set of tools, and they recognize that Linux kernel component is more important, so they make the decision to call themselves Linux distributions.

A system that only runs GNU project software on top of Linux could be called GNU - but no one would use that.

And you strongly implied in your post that GNU plays the same role as Android hence those distributions should be called GNU. That's a lie. Android is a full system, GNU is just a set of libs and tools.

>>55534602
Why would you need it running 24/7? You can run it in the morning and it would reply to all messages posted at night during the course of day.
>>
>>55534461
There isn't any kind of already made solution?
>>
>>55534602
Server means you publish information.
Client means you take information.

This would be a client.
It does not have to be on all the time, you could just reply to twitter when you had the application running.

You could also make the client run on your phone.
That way, you do have a computer running 24/7
>>
>>55534651
Python is 90% a ready solution for opening a browser, logging into a client and putting memes in a form.
>>
>>55534623
Because I don't agree with your definition of what an operating system is. POSIX is not a definitive source on what is an OS and what isn't. Windows doesn't conform to POSIX and yet you'd have to be insane to say Windows isn't an OS.
In my eyes, Linux kernel alone is enough to be an operating system. It runs the init process and lets you create more processes, control them and provides access to hardware.
>>
>>55534617
yeah it works, it's just absolute shit and a lot of shit breaks
>>55534633
No just because it's called something doesn't mean that it is true, yes it includes the Linux Kernel and the GNU userland with extra third party software added to it which is made by the community andvthe developer of the distro, Linux is very important, it brings the userland to life and determines filesystems and loads drivers, it is the most important part, but then there is GNU the userland, Linux by itself is useless and wont work without a system on top of it.
>>
>>55534653
Thanks for the explanation.
But no phones. Phones are like Windows 10, they are surveillance machines.
>>
>>55534667
Absolute shit is not an acceptable feature on a kernel! It's needed that it works properly, at least. So, it's only a draft.
>>
>>55534667
Linux will work with just the init program. No need for a libc even - just an init binary filled with wheatever you choose. It will work, it just probably won't be very useful. So GNU does not fill the role of making it work - it just makes it more useful. And non-GNU software is much more successful at making Linux useful, so I still don't agree that GNU should somehow be above all other software on Linux system.
>>
>>55534665
POSIX is definetly not fully accurate, Windows runs a userland and a kernel so it is an OS. But Linux by itself can do a lot of things but cannot be a full OS, the reason projects like Android dont use Linux as the whole OS is because that would be absolutely retarded and would just break, they made a userland for it called android and it ran like normal, not doubting the amazing Linux kernel though but it is NOT an entire OS
>>
>>55534664
I never use Python.
Why learn a programming language to make just 1 program? I learnt C and Pascal, and they were useless.
>>
>>55534706
>never used
Fixed.
>>
>>55534689
Oh, please enlighten me, what does OS need to be able to do that Linux by itself can't?
>>
>>55534722
Make you able to browse 4chan.
>>
>>55534686
yeah but there wouldn't be a userland, sure it would boot but it wouldnt really be a full OS defined by today's standards.
>>
>>55534455
Go back to redddit ya winfag cuck.
>>
>>55534731
What standards are those?

>>55534730
But you do realize that this functionality in linux distributions is provided by a browser that's not a part of GNU? It's the browser that can use any libc, not just the GNU one. If you list being able to browse 4chan as one of core requirements of an OS, then GNU clearly doesn't not deserve to be a part of that OS's name.
>>
File: 1405581189487339012.png (492 KB, 770x524) Image search: [Google]
1405581189487339012.png
492 KB, 770x524
>>55534722
cd
ls
cat
chmod
lsmod
coreutils
compile
run binaries with a LibC and many more, I can go on and on
>>
>>55534757
By your definition Windows is not an OS. Didn't we just discuss this?
>>
>>55534472
Same pedantic response every fucking linux post.
Stop arguing semantics and just call it linux ya fucking sperglord.
>>
>>55534771
Windows 10 is a surveillance machine.
The OS part is just a bait for users.
>>
>>55534771
no, Windows is indeed an OS, it runs a userland and the NT kernel, as long as it has those two then it is an Operating System
>>55534778
Im calling it GNU, call me a richard stallman it's just correct fampai
>>
>>55534778
YOU'RE NOT BEING
F R I E N D L Y
R
I
E
N
D
L
Y
>>
>>55534799
>>no, Windows is indeed an OS, it runs a userland and the NT kernel, as long as it has those two then it is an Operating System
I asked you to list requirements for OS, and you listed a bunch of stuff that disqualifies Windows from being an OS. If you don't see that that invalidates your requirements, you might want to go see a doctor.
>>
>>55534754
Without GNOME, I can't use my browser.
>>
>>55534771
also Windows has a libc, compiler, can do things that GNU allows you to do as well, it is an OS, so is GNU
>>
>>55534817
>see a doctor

FRIENDLY°???
>>
>>55534520
I wonder what it's like to not be a shill for a piece of shit profiteering asshole who uses sleazy underhanded tactics to make more money from people who won't make 1/1,000,000th of his networth in their entire lives.
>>
>>55534822
Windows does not have a compiler. You install it separately. If you so desire. Is Windows without compiler not an OS?
>>
>>55534689
What OS shit? And what OS shit does GNU do?

Last time I checked you needed a userland program for device management and linux just had an API for it - and the only programs for that are nongnu.

inb4 something like editing text or compiling C is a basic OS function

>the OS in your car's ECU lacks emacs and gcc and isn't actually an OS
>>
>>55534822
Linux by itself does allow you to navigate filesystem, create/modify/delete files and have general access to hardware, through syscalls, so it does satisfy those conditions and can be called an OS.
>>
>>55534757
>with a libc
but it doesn't need to be a libc, it can be a libhaskell, and it doesn't need to be a lib at all. see: assembly-based OSes.
>UNIX shell commands
those aren't OS functions, that's desktop userland crap. imagine windows nerds saying an OS without a DOS shell is incomplete.
>compile
see above. an OS that needs its software compiled on another OS is still an OS.

>>55534883
yet pretty useless without userland

sadly for GNU, GNU isn't even close to the only, or most desirable, userland that accesses those features. so, is it really GNU/Linux? only if the only things you have installed are GNU and linux.

>no gtk anywhere
>almost never touch the unix shell
>GNU comprises a very insignificant portion of the software you use for interacting with the kernel
>is it still GNU/Linux?
stallman says yes anyways because you need to advertise for the comgnunist party
>>
Reminder that the only other group of people to get this autistic about semantics are tumblrites.
>>
>>55534905
>yet pretty useless without userland
Well, your post is in complete agreement with what I wrote before - yes Linux alone is an OS, no Linux alone is not extremely useful for general tasks, no Linux with userland should not be called GNU.
>>
>>55534858
Windows has C and C++ compilers, yes you install it seperately but it is indeed apart of the OS, an OS can be ran without a compiler but a compiler is neccesary for something like Windows which runs off of it's own executable format
>>
>>55534909
And /pol/

The mention of GNU is political because it's a political group first and foremost. They make software, but only for politicial reasons - like trying to displace software they find poltiically abhorrent. Saying GNU/Linux is a political statement. This is politics.
>>
>>55534922
Compiler is not a core part of an OS because you can provide the OS without a compiler. Compiler is a core part of building an OS, but those two are different things.
>>
>>55534931
I, you know, I'm not even against GNU's goals. A world where everything is Free Software not that bad. I just want the fanatics to stop mislabeling Linux.
>>
>>55534941
Calling the OS anything but the name of the distro is a mislabel

Linux alone does not constitute the whole of a useful OS. It's a vast collection of software, and a lot of basic OS shit you expect like session management, graphical user interfaces, and device management isn't ever GNU - it's fucking freedesktop.org.
>>
>>55534978
But when you classify those OSs that build on top of linux kernel, you may name the class Linux distribution, or you may name the class GNU distribution. Latter is what GNU fanatics are pushing for and it's what I disagree with.
>>
>>55534799
I'm not your fempai you weeb faggot.
>>
>>55534941
Stop calling everything you disagree with fanatic and someone might even listen to you.
I never mislabeled linux. Usually I even include the version of it when talking about specifics. But if you think calling an OS that calls itself GNU/Linux by its right name, you might be actually fanatic.
>>
So I'm trying out different WMs at the moment. I'm trying to install i3 and I don't remember having to do anything other than what I did just now which was
>install i3 (sudo apt install i3)
>log out to switch WM
but when I got to my login screen, all that was listed was the different versions of Gnome that my distro came with (Ubuntu Gnome) what's going on
>>
>>55535813
Maybe you have to restart some gdm service. Try just rebooting.
>>
>>55534778
Overloading the Linux name is a mistake.
>>
>>55534817
An operating system includes a kernel program that manages multiplex access between users, individual programs and hardware devices. A kernel program in itself is not particularly useful in itself - it is always existing within the context of an operating system. The rest of the operating system are programs that are used to manage the different parts of computer system like a text editor, software compiler and file utilities. This is distinguished with application software which provides functionality that isn't concerned with managing the system.
>>
Is there something in this list that would brick my system if I removed it?
http://pastebin.com/qrkxF1bk
>>
>>55534548
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU/Linux is in fact GNU. Linux is not part of the operating system itself, but is the kernel that is not covered by the naming system of an operating system as defined by common sense.

Many users run operating systems such as Windows, OSX, and a variant of BSD yet do not use a cumbersome naming system that includes the kernel, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, GNU has been the exception to this for no reason and has just been called "Linux" for no good reason, and many others use the insane, cumbersome term "GNU/Linux", mostly because the GNU project doesn't want you to think that Linux is a part of GNU.

There really is a Linux, and it's not part of GNU, but it's a kernel, and no one really specifies using it. GNU is the OS; the actual base system you interact with, and is useful with any compatible kernel; it can function with many different kernels such as GNU Mach or even kFreeBSD, so the whole system should only specify the kernel when it matters, because all these kernels are really irrelevant regarding GNU.
>>
>>55535995
>text editor
>software compiler

>This is distinguished with application software which provides functionality that isn't concerned with managing the system.

Read what you write anon. Text editor to manage the system. Software compiler to manage the system.
>>
>>55536042
>The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required
Unless you have been messing with the package management, there should be no packages in your system which depend on them, unless you have manually installed applications which depend on automatically installed libraries.

Save the list in case you need to fix it later.
>>
Ok guys, I'm searching for a new terminal emulator. I've been using URxvt for years, but I want to level up. Suggestions?
>>
>>55536613
gnome-terminal?
>>
>>55536613
Gnome-terminal or stterm are other options.
>>
>>55536613

>wants a new program
>doesn't even list why he's unsatisfied with the old one
>most likely isn't
>is most likely doing it only to be l33t and to brag about it online

You're one of those people who post idiotic things like "guiys got bored of my current installatioin, recommend me a new distribution".
>>
>>55536687
I ran into some stuff that annoys me with URxvt: Some VT100 stuff isn't supported, it needs to be patched for stuff like sane font width etc. and some features like perl are simply overkill.

>>55536625
>>55536666
gnome-terminal is the most bloated terminal in existence, I'd prefer something lightweight.
>>
>>55536733
Well, I liked it when I was on a linux workstation because it looked pretty and rendered text pretty.
>>
>>55536743
Didn't say it's bad. It's a good terminal after all.
>>
>>55536733
>gnome-terminal is the most bloated terminal in existence, I'd prefer something lightweight.
[citiation needed]
>>
>>55536613
try evilvte
http://www.calno.com/evilvte/

>>55536783
theres a comparsion, at link above
>>
What is Linux-ZEN and Linux-GRSEC
>>
>>55536811
>Latest commit 8dfa41e on Mar 31, 2014
>>
>>55536811
>bloat is now only a measure of binary size instead of a comparison of cpu usage, ram usage, general responsiveness and amount of useless features in comparison to amount of good features
That aside why is st/stterm not on the list?
>>
>>55536842
http://letmebingthatforyou.com/?q=What%20is%20Linux-ZEN%20and%20Linux-GRSEC
>>
I am using Ubuntu 16.04. I set my current wallpaper directly from Firefox (neglecting to save the image on the drive somewhere). I don't remember where I got it.

I love the wallpaper and don't want to lose it. I would like to save a copy of it to my Wallpaper collection. Can I retrieve it from the computer somehow (short of saving a screenshot)?
>>
Why is compiling on linux such a fucking hassle.

I'm trying to install a program and i have no idea why it's not working.
>>
>>55536868
It should be in your home directory ~.
>>
>>55536877
Because linux doesn't have a compiler
>>
>>55536884
It isn't there, I checked.
>>
>>55536877
3 options:

- searx the error message
- post the error message
- cry
>>
>>55536895
no error messages

Does not show up in installed programs
>>
>>55536877
>Why is compiling on linux such a fucking hassle.
Are you implying that it's easier on Windows or something?

>>55536905
Did the program ship a .desktop file? It may not have one, or it may not be installed in the correct place.
>>
>>55536911
>or it may not be installed in the correct place.

I'm thinking this might be it.
>>
>>55536868
gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.background picture-uri
>>
>>55536925
/usr/share/applications
or
/usr/local/share/applications
for systemwide installation

~/.local/share/applications
for user installation.

Check if it's in any of those places, and if it isn't, get a copy of it from the source code and put in one of them (probably /usr/local).
>>
File: R3czJkF.png (9 KB, 686x97) Image search: [Google]
R3czJkF.png
9 KB, 686x97
>>55536950
Thanks for the help.

It's a plugin for the xfce panel. I'm trying to google where it's supposed to be installed but i cant find any info on it.
>>
>>55536877
>Why is compiling on linux such a fucking hassle.

Linux is not useful as a consumer OS.

People get use out of it for servers but you should not be running it on a desktop/laptop, the people in this thread are deceiving you for ideological reasons that make no sense.
>>
>>55536988
Windows:
doubleclick installer.exe after needing to search the web and download it, propably installes a toolbar with it

GNU/Linux:
<package manager> install <program> done

I'd say GNU/Linux is more consumer friendly.
>>
>>55536972
/usr/local is where you want to put most system wide programs you compiled yourself.
>>
>>55537014
>GNU/Linux:
Google to find program name
Doesnt exist in current repositories
Find repository
It's out of date
Search for newer repository, nowhere to be found
Get files to compile myself
Missing tons of libraries
Have to manually find every library in the list
Tepeat from top
>>
>>55537025
I've tried that but it doesnt seem to be right, since the panel cant find the plugin when i install it there.
>>
>>55537043
I have enough packagea on my system to be ridiculed by ricefags and what you posted never happened to me. Sounds like you never actually used GNU/Linux.
>>
>>55537043
Do you have an example?
>>
>>55537043
$ aptitude search vrms
i vrms - virtual Richard M. Stallman
$ sudo aptitude install vrms
Done.
>>
>call out freetard bullshit

>get censored

I would expect no less.
>>
File: 1467915878119.jpg (100 KB, 900x960) Image search: [Google]
1467915878119.jpg
100 KB, 900x960
>>55536987
>[Deleted]
>>
>>55537057
Does XFCE need to be retarded or something before it will detect new plugins?
I haven't really used XFCE myself, so I don't know much about it.
>>
>>55537025
it was supposed to be installed in /usr/

again, fucking hassle.
>>
File: file.png (484 KB, 600x603) Image search: [Google]
file.png
484 KB, 600x603
This man shills for GNU/Linux while working (for free) on a non free site.
>>
File: 111.png (261 KB, 1057x760) Image search: [Google]
111.png
261 KB, 1057x760
Wich DE ist the best for a new Gunix user?
Have Mint Cinnamon installed and I am quite happy. Many possibilities to personalize and the Mint-Y-Dark theme looks good in my opinion.

But the system monitoring applets are mostly ugly and not really what I'm looking for. I want something like NetSpeedMonitor for Windows wich only shows Down- and Upload speeds.
Where can I find more than these are shown in the (online) Applet manager?
Are there better DEs for personalizations and applets like this?
Also: Show your themes and DEs for inspiration.
>>
>>55537146
iftop
>>
>>55537122
Installing programs in /usr/ yourself is somewhat dangerous.
Your package manager manages the shit that is in there, and may mess with the files you put in there, or at least fail when it finds a file it doesn't expect.
It's really the fault of XFCE for not checking /usr/local.
>>
>>55537146
>Wich DE ist the best for a new Gunix user?

Windows 10.
>>
Could someone repost the SSH infographic, pretty please?
>>
>>55537212
Shut up pajeet. No rupees for you today
>>
31 Deleted posts
>>
File: 1467590704732.png (501 KB, 1301x2873) Image search: [Google]
1467590704732.png
501 KB, 1301x2873
>>55537280
This one?
>>
>>55536877
That's why you use Arch :^)
>>
File: sgctZ.jpg (149 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
sgctZ.jpg
149 KB, 500x422
>>55537518
That's gonna make some anon get into my computer and kill me and my family.
>>
>>55537543
What?

>Never talk to me or my family agian
>>
File: 1468136329015.png (12 KB, 363x348) Image search: [Google]
1468136329015.png
12 KB, 363x348
>>55537631
I draw the line when my OS embeds literal keylogger into the system and shuts down/ reboots remotely. Fuck off rajesh
>>
>>55537490
32*
>>
So i decided to install a ubuntu as my first distro.
Is there anything i should do first to set up nice.
Like a first things things to do
>>
>>55537883
Install Debian.
>>
Which linux version has the lowest system requirements and is good for beginners? I have only 1,5 GB ram on my computer.
>>
>>55537902
Why is it better?
>>
>>55537688
http://www.zdnet.com/article/does-windows-10-really-include-a-keylogger-spoiler-no/
>>
File: 1465777385316.png (96 KB, 920x578) Image search: [Google]
1465777385316.png
96 KB, 920x578
>>55537934
Yes, it includes a keylogger
>>
I'm a newfag and I need assistance. I downloaded mpv on my netbook running Trisquel mini and I'd like to change some video/audio settings but when I make a new config file the program doesn't even start. What am I doing wrong? Can you provide an example of what a mpv config file looks like on Linux?
Sorry for being stupid.
>>
>>55537918
Unity is garbage + Canonical schemes
>>
>>55537914
Xubuntu is perfect for you

>>55537883
Ubuntu MATE/Xubuntu/Ubuntu GNOME is a great place to start. Ubuntu (defalut Unity) is slow.

You don't really need debian though.
>>
>>55537128
Your 5 rupees is not any different, rajesh.
>>
>>55537951
Create a file:
~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf
There you can set some settings like:
variable="value"
ontop="yes"

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/mpv#Configuration should be interesting also.
>>
>>55537969
ok thanks i will try it
>>
>>55538060
There's a mpv folder already but it's not in the .config one, should I delete that and create a new one?
>>
If I wanted to get botnet10 for games and dual install Linux on a separate hard drive to do any non gaming related activities would I be safe from the Windows telemetry?
>>
>>55538120
CONFIGURATION FILES
Location and Syntax
You can put all of the options in configuration files which will be read every time mpv is
run. The system-wide configuration file 'mpv.conf' is in your configuration directory (e.g.
/etc/mpv or /usr/local/etc/mpv), the user-specific one is ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf. For
details and platform specifics (in particular Windows paths) see the FILES section.

User-specific options override system-wide options and options given on the command line
override either. The syntax of the configuration files is option=value. Everything after a
# is considered a comment. Options that work without values can be enabled by setting them
to yes and disabled by setting them to no. Even suboptions can be specified in this way.

Example configuration file

# Use opengl video output by default.
vo=opengl
# Use quotes for text that can contain spaces:
status-msg="Time: ${time-pos}"

more at: man mpv

tl;dr yes, but make sure that it's empty.
>>
new user whats my bet option?
>>
>>55538207
Ok, I'm going to try and see if I can make it work.
>>
>>55538225
Manjaro.
>>
>>55533925
what alternative do i have in FOSS world to skye?
>>
>>55538307
tox, mumble, jitsi
>>
>>55538288
is there anything i should do once i install it
>>
>>55538335
Just make sure to check the Arch Wiki for any questions. Everything explained there also works for Manjaro. You may also want to try some of it's spins in a VM before you decide which DE or WM you want to use, if you don't like systemd, there's also the option to use a openrc version of your favorite spin.
>>
>>55538387
Sweet thanks for the info, two more question which version should install and how do install it while keeping win 10
>>
>>55533925
I think Stallman has had great contributions to humanity but he is totally a faggot about getting credit and open source. I prefer Linus's attitude more.

Anyway, tell me something cool I can do/learn in bash!
>>
39 [Deleted] posts
>>
>>55538433
Windowsesque? Cinnamon, Mate, maybe KDE
Lightweight and easy? Openbox
Tiling fun? i3, bspwm

No idea about dualbooting, maybe other anons can help.
>>
>>55537962
Unity is annoying and heavy. XFCE master race
>>
>>55538547
Thanks for the info
>>55538550
Why is it better
>>
>>55538499
What is Linus attitude, that you're preferring?
>>
Can I uninstall a linux program by deleting all files associated with it when it was built? The program isn't listed in my package manager because I installed it from source
>>
>>55538815
 make uninstall 

if that does not work run
 make -n install 

this will show all steps the software takes to install itself. you can then manually reverse these steps
>>
>>55538880
Thanks anon, it worked
>>
>>55538520
truth isn't popular.
>>
>>55538499
The fact that this IP already posted in this thread tells a lot about the posts substance.
>Anyway, tell me something cool I can do/learn in bash!
Implying you care.
>>
Why is my CPU at 30% on idle?
>>
>>55539142
Because you're not idle.
>>
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Many users do not understand the difference between the kernel, which is Linux, and the whole system, which they also call “Linux”. The ambiguous use of the name doesn't help people understand. These users often think that Linus Torvalds developed the whole operating system in 1991, with a bit of help.

Programmers generally know that Linux is a kernel. But since they have generally heard the whole system called “Linux” as well, they often envisage a history that would justify naming the whole system after the kernel. For example, many believe that once Linus Torvalds finished writing Linux, the kernel, its users looked around for other free software to go with it, and found that (for no particular reason) most everything necessary to make a Unix-like system was already available.

What they found was no accident—it was the not-quite-complete GNU system. The available free software added up to a complete system because the GNU Project had been working since 1984 to make one. In the The GNU Manifesto we set forth the goal of developing a free Unix-like system, called GNU.
>>
The Initial Announcement of the GNU Project also outlines some of the original plans for the GNU system. By the time Linux was started, GNU was almost finished.

Most free software projects have the goal of developing a particular program for a particular job. For example, Linus Torvalds set out to write a Unix-like kernel (Linux); Donald Knuth set out to write a text formatter (TeX); Bob Scheifler set out to develop a window system (the X Window System). It's natural to measure the contribution of this kind of project by specific programs that came from the project.

If we tried to measure the GNU Project's contribution in this way, what would we conclude? One CD-ROM vendor found that in their “Linux distribution”, GNU software was the largest single contingent, around 28% of the total source code, and this included some of the essential major components without which there could be no system. Linux itself was about 3%. (The proportions in 2008 are similar: in the “main” repository of gNewSense, Linux is 1.5% and GNU packages are 15%.) So if you were going to pick a name for the system based on who wrote the programs in the system, the most appropriate single choice would be “GNU”.

But that is not the deepest way to consider the question. The GNU Project was not, is not, a project to develop specific software packages. It was not a project to develop a C compiler, although we did that. It was not a project to develop a text editor, although we developed one. The GNU Project set out to develop a complete free Unix-like system: GNU.
>>
Many people have made major contributions to the free software in the system, and they all deserve credit for their software. But the reason it is an integrated system—and not just a collection of useful programs—is because the GNU Project set out to make it one. We made a list of the programs needed to make a complete free system, and we systematically found, wrote, or found people to write everything on the list. We wrote essential but unexciting (1) components because you can't have a system without them. Some of our system components, the programming tools, became popular on their own among programmers, but we wrote many components that are not tools (2). We even developed a chess game, GNU Chess, because a complete system needs games too.

By the early 90s we had put together the whole system aside from the kernel. We had also started a kernel, the GNU Hurd, which runs on top of Mach. Developing this kernel has been a lot harder than we expected; the GNU Hurd started working reliably in 2001, but it is a long way from being ready for people to use in general.

Fortunately, we didn't have to wait for the Hurd, because of Linux. Once Torvalds freed Linux in 1992, it fit into the last major gap in the GNU system. People could then combine Linux with the GNU system to make a complete free system: a Linux-based version of the GNU system; the GNU/Linux system, for short.

Making them work well together was not a trivial job. Some GNU components(3) needed substantial change to work with Linux. Integrating a complete system as a distribution that would work “out of the box” was a big job, too. It required addressing the issue of how to install and boot the system—a problem we had not tackled, because we hadn't yet reached that point. Thus, the people who developed the various system distributions did a lot of essential work. But it was work that, in the nature of things, was surely going to be done by someone.
>>
The GNU Project supports GNU/Linux systems as well as the GNU system. The FSF funded the rewriting of the Linux-related extensions to the GNU C library, so that now they are well integrated, and the newest GNU/Linux systems use the current library release with no changes. The FSF also funded an early stage of the development of Debian GNU/Linux.

Today there are many different variants of the GNU/Linux system (often called “distros”). Most of them include non-free software—their developers follow the philosophy associated with Linux rather than that of GNU. But there are also completely free GNU/Linux distros. The FSF supports computer facilities for two of these distributions, Ututo and gNewSense.

Making a free GNU/Linux distribution is not just a matter of eliminating various non-free programs. Nowadays, the usual version of Linux contains non-free programs too. These programs are intended to be loaded into I/O devices when the system starts, and they are included, as long series of numbers, in the "source code" of Linux. Thus, maintaining free GNU/Linux distributions now entails maintaining a free version of Linux too.

Whether you use GNU/Linux or not, please don't confuse the public by using the name “Linux” ambiguously. Linux is the kernel, one of the essential major components of the system. The system as a whole is basically the GNU system, with Linux added. When you're talking about this combination, please call it “GNU/Linux”.
>>
If you want to make a link on “GNU/Linux” for further reference, this page and http://www.gnu.org/gnu/the-gnu-project.html are good choices. If you mention Linux, the kernel, and want to add a link for further reference, http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?Linux is a good URL to use.

Addendum: Aside from GNU, one other project has independently produced a free Unix-like operating system. This system is known as BSD, and it was developed at UC Berkeley. It was non-free in the 80s, but became free in the early 90s. A free operating system that exists today(4) is almost certainly either a variant of the GNU system, or a kind of BSD system.

People sometimes ask whether BSD too is a version of GNU, like GNU/Linux. The BSD developers were inspired to make their code free software by the example of the GNU Project, and explicit appeals from GNU activists helped persuade them, but the code had little overlap with GNU. BSD systems today use some GNU programs, just as the GNU system and its variants use some BSD programs; however, taken as wholes, they are two different systems that evolved separately. The BSD developers did not write a kernel and add it to the GNU system, and a name like GNU/BSD would not fit the situation.(5) x
>>
>>55539448

Maybe people should stop interjecting other people. That's the only reason I can imagine that breeds such traumatized, agressive freedom hating faggots like [Deleted].

>god damn, I KNOW
>those faggots, ENOUGH WITH THESE INTERJECTIONS
>I'll show them, I'm telling everyone that I'm using alpine, which is FREE OF GNUUUU
>FUCK FREEDOM, FUCK THIS FOOT CRAP EATING COMMUNIST PEDOPHILE JEW
>WINDOWS IS BETTER ANYWAY, FUCK ALL AND YOUR ITNERJECTIONS
>god damn, YOU'RE WRONG
>>
Has anyone ever actually called it GNU/Linux in person? I've never heard anyone call it that outside the internet
>>
>>55533925
he looks so creepy, i'd probably scream for the police if i ever see him
>>
>>55539582
No
>>
>>55539582
I try to call the distros by the distros name. I only say GNU/Linux when it's relevant.

>>55539558
The best way is not interjecting, but calling it GNU/Linux in your own post. This doesn't hurt anyone and maybe makes someone interested and they're searching the web for "What is GNU".
>>
Should I start using Wayland?
>>
>>55539712
I don't think 4chan is the best source for questions like this. Better ask your mom, she knows what's best for you.
>>
How to completely remove/replace SysTemD from *buntu? assuming no de is required
>>
>>55539752
If you need to ask, you should stick to systemd.
>>
>>55539712
Not yet.
>>
Is Mate still in a bad state in Debian testing? I had to revert to Mint yet again because my Mate desktop broke after an update.

Mint feels so damn slow compared to Debian. I want to go back ASAP.
>>
>>55539712
listen to your heart
>>
File: 1465434271543.jpg (215 KB, 1006x850) Image search: [Google]
1465434271543.jpg
215 KB, 1006x850
>>55537543
What is this? An article for ants?
>>
What's a good player for .sid files? Preferable cli.
>>
>>55539819
You are not my mom
>>
>>55538960
Will pootella pay you 1 more rupee if you evade ban for 50th time, hindu nuffin?
>>
Guys I want to make the switch to Ubuntu as my daily driver, but I do a lot of .NET development and occasionally game.

I've never used wine, what's it like? Can you emulate any windows program?
>>
>>55539752
just use the systemd-less fork of debian.

devuan or some stupid name like that.
>>
>>55537490
Good
>>55537914
Probably anything below 1.
1.5gb is plenty and your cpu is more of an issue. Just remember to make a swap partition.
>>55539752
You could also try to follow the instructions on the debian wiki and see if they work on buntu.
>>
What Linux guide would you guys recommend? I just went balls deep and I'm using Linux exclusively.
>>
>>55540808
>Guys I want to make the switch to Ubuntu as my daily driver, but I do a lot of .NET development and occasionally game.
There are a lot of good games on GNU/Linux, are you addicted to a specific one or do you just like an occasional game or two? If it is the latter you will be fine.
Have you heard about mono? It is pretty great and could be helpful for you.
>I've never used wine, what's it like? Can you emulate any windows program?
Wine is good, but it doesn't work for everything.
>>
>>55540990
What do you need a guide for? You probably didn't have any guides for Windows when you started. You just use it daily and get familiar with it.
>>
>>55541030
I mainly play Civ 5 and Overwatch at the moment. Is Mono basically a cross-platform .NET emulator, kind of like how Java operates?

When you say wine doesn't work for everything, will I be able to run Office/Steam, for example, or Visual Studio?

Would it be easier to just run a Windows VM inside Ubuntu? Though that kind of defeats the purpose
>>
>>55540808
You can get Steam on Linux, and libreoffice is a good office alternative, but yeah it might be better just to run windows in a VM if you need it.

I don't think it defeats the purpose unless you're doing mostly everything in the VM
>>
>>55541092
>Civ 5
seems to work natively though i never played it
>Overwatch
is relatively new and uses dx11 while not having a GNU/Linux port so it probably won'T work yet
mono is basically this, more or less.
>Office/Steam
will both work in wine but steam also runs natively (only if you enable multi-arch and install the i386 version of it through your package manager though)
>VS
i am not sure about how it runs on wine, but why do you want to use it? there are several IDEs on GNU/Linux and a lot of developers just use vim or emacs for it.
you can run a VM or dual-boot if you want to but do you pursue freedom?
check out some related article i found, it is a bit old and GNU/Linux got better since then but check it out: https://anteru.net/blog/2009/09/14/604/
>>
>>55541068
Using the terminal
>>
>>55541221
Learning yourself is probably the best way, e.g. you think of something you want to do, let's say move a file from one folder to another, then google the command for that
>>
Linux has a in-kernel debugger shell.
Linux already imitates a terminal because POSIX.
Linux can happily load binaries by itself as long as the libc is there.
>>
>>55541221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltjPIpilqow
TLCL
Debian administrator handbook
cp, mv, dd, ls, cp
history, locate
man, info (these are your best friend)
>>
>>55541297
can't wait to ditch it as soon as a better kernel comes around and out of its alpha phase. maybe it will be minix3?
>>
>>55540990
Alright, just once because of the 'friendly':
Visit your local kiosk.
>>
Hello there friends, I work in IT, I'm not new to GNU/Linux.

I come with a question for you linux-gurus out there, where I work we have some server running unix (sco 6) and it servers some system to our clients.

Said app is written in INFORMIX 4GL. I was wondering if there is a way to install the informix binaries natively in linux and run them there?

If so it would be in centos 7 minimal unless there is a better suggestion.

Ty in advance guys :)
>>
>>55536783
gnome-terminal can rewrap text on resize. Useful features like this > ``lightweight".

I would recommend Terminix instead. It's a terminal that adheres to the GNOME HIG. From what I've seen, the current gnome-terminal maintainer is stubborn and doesn't like working with the GNOME designers.

https://github.com/gnunn1/terminix
>>
Hurd will never be ready.
>>
>>55541391
have you tried aubit 4gl?
>>
>>55541583
There are already Hurd distros.
>>
>>55538499
>>55538578
Linus is a cuck because he married a selfish backstabbing succubus called the 3D female.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-12-10-34-58.png (140 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-12-10-34-58.png
140 KB, 1080x1920
Is there anything like KWGT for KDE widgets? KWGT is a custom widget editor.
>>
Trying to troubleshoot my vpn. I'm on my university's wifi, and I can use SSH, but my vpn doesn't seem to work.
Client output:
$ sudo openvpn vpn.ovpn 
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 Unrecognized option or missing parameter(s) in vpn.ovpn:14: block-outside-dns (2.3.11)
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.11 x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on May 12 2016
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.2h 3 May 2016, LZO 2.09
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 Control Channel Authentication: tls-auth using INLINE static key file
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 Outgoing Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 Incoming Control Channel Authentication: Using 160 bit message hash 'SHA1' for HMAC authentication
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 Socket Buffers: R=[87380->87380] S=[16384->16384]
Tue Jul 12 10:31:54 2016 Attempting to establish TCP connection with [AF_INET]example.com:443 [nonblock]
Tue Jul 12 10:31:55 2016 TCP connection established with [AF_INET]example.com:443
Tue Jul 12 10:31:55 2016 TCPv4_CLIENT link local: [undef]
Tue Jul 12 10:31:55 2016 TCPv4_CLIENT link remote: [AF_INET]example.com:443

It just stops after this.
Client config:
client
dev tun
proto tcp
sndbuf 0
rcvbuf 0
remote example.com 443
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
persist-tun
remote-cert-tls server
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo
setenv opt block-outside-dns
key-direction 1
verb 3

Server config:
port 443
proto tcp
dev tun
sndbuf 0
rcvbuf 0
ca ca.crt
cert server.crt
key server.key
dh dh.pem
tls-auth ta.key 0
topology subnet
server 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0
ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
push "redirect-gateway def1 bypass-dhcp"
push "dhcp-option DNS 208.67.222.222"
push "dhcp-option DNS 208.67.220.220"
keepalive 10 120
cipher AES-128-CBC
comp-lzo
user nobody
group nogroup
persist-key
persist-tun
status openvpn-status.log
verb 3
crl-verify crl.pem
[/code
>>
Why does the installation in virtualbox fail all the time.
Anyone else with the same problem?
>>
>>55541840
maybe if you posted the error people could help you.
>>
>>55541840
>doesn't post anything other than 'thing doesn't work tell me how to fix thing'
>>
>>55541840
No
>>
>>55541862
>>55541863
>>55541864
stupid
>>
File: yC1PB.jpg (249 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
yC1PB.jpg
249 KB, 1280x960
>>55541864
>>55541863
>>55541862
I get always a screen like that.
>>
>>55541901
A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>55541901
Try disabling G-Sync.
>>
File: vb.png (2 KB, 1152x400) Image search: [Google]
vb.png
2 KB, 1152x400
>>55541921
I think my graphic card is too old for that, but it sometimes worked and I was able to install Xubuntu until another error occured and failed to send it.
>>
File: 1458856252091.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458856252091.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>55541901
>>
What's the easiest way to scrobble with mpd?
>>
>richard stallman believes in software freedom
>licenses his works under a no-derivatives license
>>
>>55542121

I use mpdas. It works, but it feels finicky. No idea how it handles connection outtages (if it tries to reconnnect) or when you stop a track halfway (does it scrobble or not). On top of that I had to manually change the config location in the source, to make it use ~/.config/mpdas.
>>
>>55542381

One could explain to you why you're an idiot, but there's no point because:

>you'd just use the "i was only pretending to be retarded" excuse
>if you aren't pretending to be retarded, the explanation would still be lost on you
>>
If I set up a windows 8.1 virtual box and just use unity in it does windows get any access to my information or computer's resources?
>>
good thead
bump
>>
When I download folders from the google drive web interface, they're zipped, when I unzip them in Ubuntu, half the stuff is missing.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>55543182
What did you use to open them?
>>
Is there a way to open programs, or execute a bash script on logging in?
>>
>>55543195
This happened a while back. I'm operating on memory here, but I want to say whatever stock utility Ubuntu would've offered had I just right clicked and unpacked, or 7zip
>>
>>55543232
There are a few. You probably want .bashrc though.
>>
>>55543264
Maybe you didn't select "preserve folder structure" or unselected something.
>>
Just installed Fedora 24 Cinnamon.

The UI is beyond fucking huge, please I know there is documentation for everything but how do I get it to scale down from blind man size to that of a normal human being?

Pic related
>>
>>55543354
man xrandr
>>
File: 1443076972549.png (813 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1443076972549.png
813 KB, 1366x768
How did they make GNOME 3 look like this? And why do they use GNOME 3 for a desktop like this?
>>
>>55543527
>why gnome3 for this
Because gnome is part of gnu. And why not? It is probably some additional panel or a gnome plugin.
>>
>>55543354
dpi
>>
>>55533925
Never pay for another haircut or razor:
Priceless!
>>
File: rms_tramp.jpg (162 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
rms_tramp.jpg
162 KB, 640x360
>>55533925
The real RMS look...
>>
File: 1467281840316.jpg (81 KB, 430x319) Image search: [Google]
1467281840316.jpg
81 KB, 430x319
>>55544114
Something you should read...
>>
I am trying to run pic related in a window.
It works in full screen

How can I force it to run in 16bp?
Alternatively, how can I fool the program into thinking its running in full screen while its actually in a window?
>>
>>55544805
No.
>>
>>55544848
p-please

I've googled and can only find ubuntu info
>>
How can i run interactive scripts inside initramfs? "ssh" with password and "read" doesn't work.
>>
I'm copying files from my microSD card to a backup drive using cp, but it hangs when it reaches a corrupt file and it eventually just stops without copying the rest. What can I do?
>>
File: a.png (36 KB, 1286x826) Image search: [Google]
a.png
36 KB, 1286x826
>>55544805
wine has built in functionality for running fullscreen programs in a window
(pictured: winecfg)
>>
>>55544949
encrypt
>>
>>55545004
thank you friend

unfortunately I had just found it right before you posted, but it made me realize why posters like >>55544848 don't spoonfeed

thank you though, the good intention just made me erect
>>
File: KEYGENMUSiC_AlbumArt.jpg (23 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
KEYGENMUSiC_AlbumArt.jpg
23 KB, 350x350
what do you guys use for playing MOD music?
>>
>>55545107
mpv or xmp
>>
>>55545107
xmp
>>
>>55545107

mikmod
>>
>>55533925
>hobo
>400 dollar jacket
>100 dollar shirt
>200 dollar pants
Sounds about right. Dumb fuck freetards have all their priorities jacked up.
>>
>>55545116
>>55545125
>>55545133
thx guys, I'll check them out
>>
>>55545081
np
i actually use this mode often even in games i want to view in fullscreen, as sometimes actually fullscreen games prevent me from properly switching workspace, where a fullscreen window does not
unlike in windows, there's no performance penalty for running a game in a window versus fullscreen
>>
>>55533925
Is there any way to have USB devices automatically mounted?
It's a bit of a pain having to switch to GNOME to mount things.
>>
File: 1447574314081.png (50 KB, 224x411) Image search: [Google]
1447574314081.png
50 KB, 224x411
Why are so many people hating on rms and software freedom?
>>
>>55545220
https://www.axllent.org/docs/view/auto-mounting-usb-storage/
>>
>>55545236
envy
>>
>>55545220
Install usbmount
#apt install usbmount
>>
>>55545236
He is FORCING people to use gpl.
gpl is not a DEVELOPER friendly license.
gpl does not protect the devloper, it is a license that gives EVERYONE ELSE the power.
Im not going to give over my code i've spent 5 years working on, because some fat neckbeard thinks i should, and if i dont, demeans me and labels me the antichrist.
>>
>>55545236
Shills
>>
>>55545308
why would we want your shitty java code?
>>
>>55544473
>Something you should read...
Edgy...
Not had your bf's cock today then...
>>
>>55545332
Nice deflection :^)
>>
>>55541297
And GNU has a Linux kernel. You are outed
>>
>>55545308
There is no difference between programming languages and real languages. Don't you think that some lines of your code could have been "spoken" by someone else already? Who do you think you are to say "that's my wording and nobody else should be allowed to use or change it"?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.