[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss killer robots itt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1468244284841.jpg (169 KB, 718x828) Image search: [Google]
1468244284841.jpg
169 KB, 718x828
Discuss killer robots itt
>>
AI still isn't good enough for robots. Powered exoskeletons would be better than those drones, no one seems interested in developing them for SWAT and counter terror roles though.
>>
>>55533675

BLESSED BE OUR SKYNET OVERLORDS
>>
I think it is a natural progression.
I would like to take warfare back to the good old days where battles happened in open fields and only the civilians on the loosing side were raped/sold as slaves.
But that is not happening anymore.

An impressive army is not so because of how many troops you have, but how skilled the individuals are.
But often you can avoid casualties by having planes to take out big threats, now these planes are remote controlled.

As long as they have a cost, I don't think they will have an endless supply.
And as long as these robots are a limited resource, I don't fear them being turned on me.

In the case of the racist cop killer, I think that is a fine example if when it should be used. He was alone (so a bomb was acceptable) and he was a threat (so a robot was acceptable).

I don't think it is a recurring situation as these nuts often take hostages.
I would love to see a system with a self targeting tranquilizer move in and put people to sleep, but Americans would probably prefer to shoot to kill.
>>
Watching the news nowadays is like watching the start of robocop
I just keep expecting people to say "I'd buy that for a dollar!"
>>
>>55533725
Powered exo skeletons would still put people at risk.
And we don't need 100% automated killing machines. Having a person determine who is the threat and deal with it is still better.
I would rather have a human police officer kill the wrong guy than have a bug in an application kill the wrong guy.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.