[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gt7800+ >345.6 GFlops >adreno 530 >498.5 GFlop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>gt7800+
>345.6 GFlops

>adreno 530
>498.5 GFlops

>tegra x1
>512 GFlops

>Intel HD530
>441.6 GFlops

>gt640/730
>691 GFlops

>HD7750
>819.2 GFlops

http://kyokojap.myweb.hinet.net/gpu_gflops/

How close to desktop GPUs do mobile graphics come? Is GFlops an accurate comparison?

Is there an accurate way to compare them?
>>
>>55529211
Mobile drivers except Nvidia a HUGE shit, so no.
>>
>>55529534
Even qualcomm?
>>
>>55529211
>is GFlops accurate
Well... it's as good a way as any. Individual games are going to give you wildly varying results because devs implement in different ways.

GFlops is mainly interesting for GPU compute applications, but it's an OK approximation of general GPU power.
>>
>>55529733
Qualcomm actually has the worst of the bunch:

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2013/09/26/dolphin-emulator-and-opengl-drivers-hall-fameshame/
>>
>>55529879
>>55529733
Mali drivers are the only good ones, the custom gov from exynos SOCs is better but its all propietary.

GFlops are inacurate since now we are using api's to push the most out of gpu's and some gpu's make better use of them.
>>
>>55532248
Mali GPUs, used in mediatek?

Aren't they the weakest though?
>>
>>55532318
It depends, they are custom design like.

Mediatek's "MP6" ones have six core and are clocked lower because they market their amazing cpu benchmarks, samsung's exynos use "MP12" twelve compute units and they are clocked higher also they make better use of their drivers since you see a weaker one outperforming adreno or powervr
>>
>>55532701
Shit, that's sweet.

Is that part of the reason why cheap as shit chinkphones with the mtk6735 outperform any similar priced local phones?
>>
>>55532823
No, the gooks and the chinks just get much profit from them or they cut prices with them i mean, a 200 dollar phone can play pokemon go and that shit, its powerful enough.

Any shitphone can run the basic Whatsapp and facebook.

I mean, that 3k dollar pc from 2001 is destroyed by those chinkshit 70 dollar phones.
>>
>>55533304
How do top tier ARM chips like the heliox20 or exynos8890 compare against shit like the q6600?
>>
>>55529211
>Intel iGPU worse than mobile phone graphics
Nice
>>
>>55534873
Great in multi core with 8 cores. Shit in single core.
Apple's current chip is getting close to core2 single thread.
>>
>>55537030
Hey, that's not too bad.

So a HelioX20 shouldn't be far behind a modern i3 in multithread? Or possibly even on par?
>>
>>55536105
HD530 is a pvr core
>>
>>55537327
Ewwwww
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.