[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone on /g/ use a flip phone or any not smartphone phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 1458451954089.jpg (75 KB, 809x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458451954089.jpg
75 KB, 809x1000
Does anyone on /g/ use a flip phone or any not smartphone phone aka dumbphone.
>>
I do but very rarely since you are still being tracked when you carry it around. I'd rather have no phone at all but the fucking mobile phone industry destroyed pay/emergency phones.
>>
>>55527849
>I do but very rarely since you are still being tracked when you carry it around
Not to the extend google with android or apple with iphone tracks you.
>>
If I could get a 4G dumbphone with a QWERTY keyboard and capable of Wi-Fi tethering I probably would switch to it
>>
galaxy rugby master race
I can even play golf with this shit and it aint breaking.
>>
>>55527877
>Android
>dumbphone
>>
File: IMG_20160220_201814.jpg (168 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_201814.jpg
168 KB, 768x1024
>>55527541

Sure do, my phone is old enough to not be e911 compliant too.
>>
>>55527985
Do old phones like that still work?
>>
>>55527998

For now, the 900mhz GSM band is still available.
No CDMA network will activate something that old though.
>>
>>55527875
I dunno if I would do the same but I could definitely see the appeal, if only for a fucking keyboard. Jesus, I'm tired of shitty touch everything.
>>
File: BlackBerry-Classic-2.jpg (41 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
BlackBerry-Classic-2.jpg
41 KB, 800x480
>>55528063
why won't you buy a proper phone then?
>>
got me a Razr about a year ago when my Android died. Don't regret it
>>
File: IMG_20160711_193936.jpg (1 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_193936.jpg
1 MB, 4160x3120
>>55527541
I switched from a smartphone back to a Razr V3 for about two months. I liked how small it is, though smartphones are often still more pocketable because they're so much thinner. The physical buttons made navigating the phone very quick, and I feel like I could have easily learned to type on it without looking. Predictive text worked pretty well, though I get the impression that the Razr was pretty much at the peak of t9 input tech. I can still type much faster on a smartphone, which was a major part of why I switched back again. The biggest downside to a dumbphone is just how primitive the components are. This thing seriously doesn't have room to store more than about 30 texts - so naturally they didn't even think to include a threaded message view. The camera is also garbage compared to even the shittiest smartphone.

I also had the opportunity to try out a more recent flip phone (LG Exalt) for a bit. The software on this one is almost awesome (it even runs Opera Mini), but the predictive text is so completely useless that texting is basically impossible.

Pic related, with an old Moto G for scale.
>>
File: lg.gif (199 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
lg.gif
199 KB, 800x572
I do. I've had an LG Cosmos 2 since 2010
>>
I can't imagine a good reason for doing so. However it does sound like a way to propogate your nerd imagine if that's what you're into.
>>
I have a Caterpillar B-100. I got it because I figured Caterpillar's target market wants a no-bullshit phone. Newer dumbphones still seem to be getting stuff like Twitter integration; I wanted a phone that sends and receives calls and text messages, and it's perfect for that.
>>
Just pulled this bad boy back out. Used it all the way til 2012.
>>
>>55527849
You kill people for a living or what?

Seriously, if you don't do something fucking disgusting, why would you ever be this paranoid?

Europefag here btw.
>>
File: Motorola-Rapture-VU30-9.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Motorola-Rapture-VU30-9.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
>>55527541
Yep I still use a flip phone. I've never gotten a smart phone
>>
>>55527875
I want shit like the japanese phones that has the form factor and battery life advantage of a flip phone , yet lets you do app shit with android or something but still can make my damn cell carrier think I'm using a dumb phone so they won't try to force a data plan (yes companies do this they got detection shit and if it's a known smart phone they will force on data plans).
>>
I have a Blackberry, what cool /g/ things can I do with it?
>>
>>55527541
Kys
>>
>>55531032
There's nothing disgusting about upstanding white men exchanging drugs that are only illegal because niggers and hippies used them all day instead of getting jobs.
>>
>>55527541
Yes, I do. Trusty ol cheap ass samsung flip phone, battery lasts for a full week. Get on my level plebs.
>>
are there any european or non-american phones that work in america? i don't want a cell with an e911 chip in it.
>>
still using Nokia 2760, thinking of getting smartphone though, not sure what
>>
>>55527985
that phone is older than the hand holding it.
>>
>>55527541
That looks very close to the one i have.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.