[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought a new house and need to decide a ISP. Who do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 688x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 688x410
Just bought a new house and need to decide a ISP. Who do you recommend? I will be torrenting 24/7.
>>
>>55527363
I have Cox and it's pretty good
>>
>>55527404
What are you paying?
What are your speeds?
Do they care if you torrent?
>>
>>55527363
Oh, you mean an American house?

>He thinks that the world, the internet stops at the US border...
>>
>>55527363
drink bleach
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-11+at+05.17.30).png (9 KB, 711x166) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-11+at+05.17.30).png
9 KB, 711x166
>>55527432
100 for the internet
up to 150mbps pic related
Only one notice for one movie in the 10 years I've used the service but i'm pretty sure they were asked to and aren't actively watching
>>
>>55527363
any Tier 1 ISP
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-11+at+05.18.51).jpg (20 KB, 706x56) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-11+at+05.18.51).jpg
20 KB, 706x56
>>55527546
>>
>>55527363
>buying a house to live in
Ugh anon
>>
Congratulations on the new house OP. You're already gotten farther than any of these renters for life / homeless morons will ever attain.
>>
>>55527363
That's really something you would've had to check beforehand. There are almost certainly only one or two actual fixed-line ISPs (i.e. not resellers or WISPs) servicing your home. Pick whichever is least awful.

Best case, it's an FTTP solution (Fios). Worst case, it's DSL. There's nothing you can realistically do about it.
>>
ISPs don't care if people torrent. It's the company who's product you're torrenting who sends a letter to your ISP saying that your IP address is pirating shit, then your ISP is forced to send you a letter.
>>
>>55527617
exactly the attention OP was fishing for. you too kill yourself
>>
>>55528072
what if you torrent a Warner movie using Time Warner
>>
>>55528176
rest in rip
>>
>Comcast
>$85 for 250/30
>usually get 325/35
>they'll upgrade it to fiber at no cost once infrastructure is in place
>torrented around 3 tb worth of shit over the last 7 months
>>
Tbh I really love Cox.
>>
>>55527363
Get a seedbox
>>
>Trustpower
>$75 for 50/20
>service down two times in two days last fortnight
>occurs everytime outside of call centre hours
>no care for torrenting

I'm conflicted, how do I react? They are too stuck up to give me a free speed upgrade.
>>
what kind of fuck retarded thread and question is this? why would anyone give a flying fuck saying what they pay, and why would OP post a picture of a bunch of companies when anyone with a brain knows it depends entirely on the exact location of where you live to determine what isp you can get and even the quality of said isp
>>
>>55527363
Of the national ISPs, FIOS is the best. If you live in Chattanooga, get EPB. If you live in Southern California, get Sonic.net. If you live in a city with Google Fiber, get Google Fiber and use a VPN at the router level.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.