[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ Got a question if there is any audiophiles in here. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: ba120de7_KRKRP6G2.jpg (71 KB, 760x352) Image search: [Google]
ba120de7_KRKRP6G2.jpg
71 KB, 760x352
Hi /g/
Got a question if there is any audiophiles in here.
I have 2 x KRK Rokit RP6 G3 Monitor Speakers.
I have them plugged into a http://uk.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-audigy-rx using a 3.5mm jack to RCA.

There is static coming through them and i was wondering if there is any possible solutions to eliminate this static. I don't know much about audio but maybe a DAC could help and i get rid of my soundcard? I don't know.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
>>
Don't turn up the gain on the speakers too much.
See that you turn up both the master and application volume on the pc.
>>
File: 20160711_215702.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160711_215702.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>55527172
Speakers are on -30Db and use computer to control the volume most of the time
>>
>>55527210
Hook them up to another source, a stand alone dvd/cd player maybe, and check the noise again?
>>
>>55527305
Tried on my Galaxy S6 edge+ and there is no static. That means its the sound card or interference coming from the motherboard and through the sound card?
>>
>>55527327
Yes. Get an external DAC or sound card.
>>
resident adam shill here, this is most likely caused by your sound card/rig itself. try hooking it up to a different source as the other anon mentioned.

if the static is still present, try using balanced outputs, either through 1/4th jacks or XLR's, though that does mean you'll need an audio interface that supports those.
>>
>>55527347
Any reccomendations? Need one with 2.1 interface for stereo and sub. Also what about a Astro Mix Amp. Could that work as a external sound card or dac?
>>
File: rs_DSCF2602.jpg (2 MB, 2144x1608) Image search: [Google]
rs_DSCF2602.jpg
2 MB, 2144x1608
>>55527327
You don't have a mic input open in your mixer, adding noise?
>>
File: sound.png (63 KB, 804x805) Image search: [Google]
sound.png
63 KB, 804x805
>>55527407
This any help to the question?
>>
>>55527056
get an actually good audio interface and use decent connections
>>
>>55527580
Reccomend then?
>>
>>55527389
never seen that before in my life but it looks superbly shit. don't buy useless youtube gamer gear
>>
>>55527587
scarlet 2i2, or if you're feeling really poor the lexicon alpha if they still make it
>>
>>55527590
Came with my Astro A40 headset. Its pretty decent actually. But can you reccomend me any DAC's external soundcards? for stereo and sub interface? :)
>>
>>55527608
>lexicon alpha
Need an IN for my sub too though :s
>>
>>55527587
look for an interface that has its own power supply. if you use the usb powered ones you can still get some static.
>>
>>55527347
I have a firewire interace, but I'm getting a ton of fucking noise over my monitors on my new build. Using a PCI-E firewire card with a TI chipset. My power amp's inputs aren't balanced, so I think that my be the issue.

Anyone?
>>
>>55529481
The interface is a focusrite saffire pro 40, btw.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.