[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I am upgrading an old PC that I have laying around so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: MoldyKeyboard.jpg (106 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
MoldyKeyboard.jpg
106 KB, 960x720
Hey /g/ I am upgrading an old PC that I have laying around so that I can use it with my TV.

I was thinking of a simpler OS than Windows, or something more TV friendly. The consoles have a cool YouTube app and I would love to have something similar on PC.

>inb4 Kodi
I think it's fucking shit, so I rather use something else.

Also are there any HDMI sound cards? Or would I be better off getting a cheap video card with HDMI?
>>
>>55526523
>inb4 Kodi
Plex?
>>
>>55526543
Does it still allow me to torrent shit and use a web browser?
>>
>>55526523
>I was thinking of a simpler OS than Windows, or something more TV friendly
OpenElec (though it uses Kodi) or your favorite GNU/Linux distro with whatever you want on top.
>>55526566
Plex is a media center, not an OS.
>>
>>55526579
Windows would be better for that. I was thinking of a Kodi but with more features, like giving a web browser, and the ability to torrent shit.
>>
>>55526675
>Windows would be better for that.
OpenELEC (which is GNU/Linux) can indeed have a browser and rTorrent is superior to any Windows torrent program.
It's also why I said:
>or your favorite GNU/Linux distro and whatever you want on top.
But alright.
>I was thinking of a Kodi but with more features
Kodi is what you make of it. Download the plugins you want to make it complete. My best guess is that you just downloaded Kodi, didn't bother to skin it and add all the stuff you wanted and got angry it's not Windows Media Center.

Buy an Apple TV and throw your laptop in a closet, install windows on it and uTorrent with it's "web interface" and call it a day, because it seems you're not willing to do much more than that.
>>
>>55526762
I tried using Kodi you fucking cunt, I installed plenty of plugins and shit.
I was not able to stream a single fucking show, or movie!
>>
>>55526801
I know you did, but you said with "more features", when Kodi is the most feature rich media center.
>I was not able to stream a single fucking show, or movie!
Did it ever cross your mind that it might've been your fault?
>>
>>55526828
Nope, I searched online and asked people and there was no way. I tried watching Top Gear UK, and other shows like that and I couldn't.
What could I fail? It would just Error and not feel like streaming.
>>
>>55526858
>It would just Error and not feel like streaming.
Where were you streaming from, exactly?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.