[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there so much tech nowadays without a removable battery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Why is there so much tech nowadays without a removable battery?

Is the size really more imporant than the lifespan of the device?
>>
Consumerism + planned obsolescence.

Once the battery dies, another new, "better" product has already replaced it and you like the dumb consumer you are must buy it.
>>
>>55526381
The number of people who hot swap batteries, and keep the same device 5+ years is tiny. eMMC has a finite lifespan, and it will start significantly degrading by the time the battery is dwindling as well, the same is likely true of the display panel. If you wanted a fully featured high end mobile device to last a decade it would be too expensive, and you'd be complaining about the price instead of the specs then.

A user friendly replaceable battery is something only autists make a big deal over. You retards are literally incapable of being happy with anything.
>>
>>55526514

So what you are basically saying is that mobile devices made in the last 5+ years are all garbage?
>>
File: Apple.png (40 KB, 3400x4400) Image search: [Google]
Apple.png
40 KB, 3400x4400
>>55526381
>Why is there so much tech nowadays without a removable battery?
Apple set the bar with iDevices: Be as minimal as possible, and 100% locked down. Meaning shit battery life and no interchangeable/removable parts.

Thanks Apple cucks.
>>
Not just smartphones even some vapes have it!
>>
>>55526431
Succinct and true.

The long and short of it: more money to bleed from you.
>>
>>55526381
You think you're cool ahmidenajad? You fucking douchebag puppet for the Ayotollah fuck you.
>>
>>55527730

Iran seems to be doing bretty well.
>>
>>55526381
LG v10...came with a free extra battery, charger and 200 gb sd card.

Did you buy the wrong shit op?
>>
>>55526514
im using a 7 year old dell laptop and i wouldnt trade it for any of this new shit out today, i just replaced the battery too, cost me $10.

Enjoy buying a new laptop every year you fucking consumerist boot licking cuck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.