[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT is the BOTNET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: botnet05.jpg (14 KB, 320x238) Image search: [Google]
botnet05.jpg
14 KB, 320x238
and why should i care about it?

what EXACTLY is the BOTNET????

im so confused guys.
>>
ur a botnet
>>
>>55525559
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet
>>
It's a piece of malicious software that uses a client/server to send spam or other traffic to the internet. So for example I want to make illegal transactions to people and I can always use proxies and such but they can still be tracerouted. What would be even better is if I infect multiple machines with botnets so that the transactions are coming from those machines and not mine.
>>
All new hardware is a potential botnet. See Intel SGX, TPM, Management Engine, AMD PSP, TrustZone, Secure Boot etc.

There is no escape on both desktop and mobile. You can try resisting but you're going to be forced to upgrade sooner or later.
>>
>>55525559
/g/'s version of of the patriarchy, IE something which doesn't exist
>>
>>55525559
A meme term used by /g/ to describe any and all closed-source software/hardware because it carries the risk of being used in malicious manners.
>>
Linux and everything associated with it is botnet
>>
>>55526235
>Never heard of reading ebuilds or security advisories
>>
The botnet is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very thread. You can see it when you look at your phone or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. The botnet is a system, anon. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. What is the botnet? Control. The botnet is a computer generated dream world, built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into a mindless source of power and ad revenue.
>>
The funniest part about the botnet is if you avoid it, an accurate profile of you can be created from other people's information.
>>
File: slowbro.png (16 KB, 710x419) Image search: [Google]
slowbro.png
16 KB, 710x419
>>55525779
>implying there isn't mass surveillance systems in anything and everything proprietary
>implying the evidence for this isn't already abundant
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>55525559
>>55525652
>>55525672
>>55525679
>>55525725
>>55525779
>>55525807
>>55526235
>>55526506
>>55526547
>>55526703
>>55526815

Does she know shes an add anon?
>>
File: 1461952992001.png (144 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1461952992001.png
144 KB, 800x600
everything
>>
>>55525559
non free software

>>55526988
this
>>
>>55525559
computers anon
>>
>>55525559
google and microsoft
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.