[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apandoning Spotify, where do I get music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: serveimage.png (14 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
14 KB, 175x175
Looking to manage my own music collection, tired of not being able to import weird shit into spotify. What's the usual way to get good music files these days? torrent?
>>
yeah...torrent.

and if you want to import weird shit try google play, its way better at it. I switched for a while, but couldn't get over the change in the interface/lack of focus on your library present in google play.
>>
I download my moosick off youtube :^)
>>
i import my patrician music to apple music with my itunes match subscription.
>>
>>55524570
i download in 64kbps so i can have more :^)
>>
>>55523737
Soulseek
>>
what.cd
>>
>>55523737
Bandcamp, Pandora, Di.fm, Soma.fm, and Souncloud.

Use Winamp to save streaming radio content.

There is a Firefox addon that lets you download anything from Soundcloud.

Watch Later, an android app, can download videos off of Youtube.

If you use a search engine like ixquick you are going to get many, many more results because other search engines are now filtering sites that host downloadable music files.
>>
>>55523737
Deezloader and mp3fy.com/music
>>
Open YouTube in VLC, File->save
>>
>>55524593
Well, 320 kbps mp3s don't take up that much space.
>>
>>55523737
>tired of not being able to import weird shit into spotify.

Like... what kind of weird shit?
>>
I get 99% of my music by searching rtorrent for it. They have a great electronica selection . There is also metal tracker for the rock that I enjoy. Popular music can be found on the major trackers like kickass and tpb.
>>
File: 1262315868823.jpg (52 KB, 360x365) Image search: [Google]
1262315868823.jpg
52 KB, 360x365
>>55524593
Why anon?
>>
>>55525007
What kind of obscure shit does that place have? Like Peruvian mountain flute shit?
>>
>>55525007
>muh sekrit club
fuck off seedcuck
>>
File: creepernet.png (35 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
creepernet.png
35 KB, 256x256
>>55523737
Soulseek, preferably with museeq or newsoul client
>>
>>55527358
it has pretty much anything you can imagine.
>>
>>55527358
Everything but lacks obscure things imo, i still can't find there some of the shit i listen to.

>>55527400
>secret
>implying
>>
>>55529947
Aside from Peruvian flute music, what are the other obscure things you're looking for?
>>
>>55530288
FLACs of small artists, most of them from Japan.

I end up buying and ripping the CDs myself.
>>
>>55527403

can you explain this shit ? how come i never heard of this ?
>>
>>55530351
>allowing yourself to be a weeb
you deserve to suffer
>>
>>55530458
>being this triggered when someone mentions Japan
Funny thing is that i like Japanese music but don't care about Anime.
>>
I use the /mu/ archives, rbt.asia/mu/
Just search for "album name, mega" and you'll find pretty much anything you care to listen to.
>>
>>55530397
(not who you originally responded to.)
people hardly use good stuff.

if you look around enough you find good stuff, but people stick to the 1st or second best thing until it breaks, they don't look around at all.
soulseek is usually the nth thing, far back. but it is indeed a godsend. it even have an android app, which for long I thought I wouldn't see happening.
>>
>>55530799
>>55530397
'1st or second most popular thing', I meant to say.
>>
Google Play Music lets you upload your own shit.
>>
>>55530397
just limewire that never got popular enough to warrant copyright action
>>
>>55530543
Depends if OP is a pleb though.
>>
/mu/ archive
Soulseek
What.cd
>>
>>55530351
If you join what.cd you can get good credit there for uploading obscure stuff like that
>>
>>55523737
You should have never used Spotify in the first place. There were music selling services all over the place before it even came out. How can you not know where to get music? Jesus fuck.
>>
>>55529413
I'm curious about that, I'm often looking for obscure shit. Got an invite or something?
>>
>>55530963
Nobody will give you an invite on a public forum like that if they care about their account. Especially 4chan considering the drama with /ptg/.
The interview isn't hard, you should try that before trying to find invites
WhatInterviewPrep should have everything you need.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.