[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate javascript?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 87278782323.jpg (5 KB, 111x160) Image search: [Google]
87278782323.jpg
5 KB, 111x160
Why do you hate javascript?
>>
>>55522039

its OOP features are confusing and it's a slow interpreted language.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Introduction_to_Object-Oriented_JavaScript

also,

> }); }); }); }); }); }); }); }); }); }); }); });
>>
shitty oop is its biggest flaw
it's pretty good otherwise, speedfags live in a different world where unimportant stuff is relevant
>>
> be me
> be a college student struggling with depression due to anecdotal experiences
> see the news
> become even more depressed
und alles ist normal in Deutschland-
>>
File: 1460588727474.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460588727474.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>55522039
I only hate it when JavaScript is non free and the botnet wants me to starve.
>>
>>55522039
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
>>
>>55522039
Dipshit programmers who hate Javascript are kiddies who expect clean-slate programming languages without any need of legacy support, who don't realise that in 5-10 years their precious languages will grow into organic messes too.

Dipshit users who hate Javascript are just idiots who claim "non-free" scripts limit their freedom and hide "botnets"; but I can guarantee nobody has 'ever' read the "open" javascript on all the websites they visit, nonetheless understood it, or even periodically checked to ensure "botnet" wasn't snuck in. Anyone who says "non free" javascript is a cuck not remotely worth even acknowledging.

Javascript is perfectly capable of being performant for all needs required, but people think it's slow because bad websites use shit "frameworks" that require megabytes of logic to display something stupid like tabs... Or websites embed multi-megabyte "buttons" from facebook/twitter/whatever which all perform multiple expensive requests/operations.

For people who complain about "botnet" in general, congratulations, that's the price of visiting websites with logic. They need to install privacybadger and block the people doing the tracking.

Javascript is fine, it has a little cruft but for a language that evolved with the web it's held up valiantly.
>>
>>55522802
You claim JavaScript is all about legacy support, so why do most modern sites completely break when you disable it? Modern Web development is a joke and JS certainly doesn't help.
>>
because i have to whitelist like five third party websites in umatrix for most websites to work
>>
because it's been the bitch of every advertiser and black-suit in the market from hollywood to tel aviv.
>we want the ability to control what you can copy and paste from our site
>we want the ability to tell your battery level so we can track you across websites
>we want the ability to spam you with popup messages the minute you close the window in case it gets us an extra 2 cents

javascript is AIDS and its proponents hate your freedom.
>>
Javascript has some really good parts that allow for expressiveness like closures/higher order functions.

Javascript has some bad parts like strict equality operator, type coercion everywhere, and typeof null !== "object" stuff.

In order to program javascript well you have to know it's warts. You need to use lodash to abstract away definicies of the standard functions and avoid trying to shoehorn class based OOP in a language that isnt class based.

Plus you need to learn promises/generators to not fall into spaghetti code callback style.

People hate javascript because it's not like python/php/ruby/java. Some of it is justified, but after programming in it for awhile I prefer it to those languages.
>>
>>55522255
kenn ich, insbesondere amerikanische Medien bereiten mir Bauchschmerzen
>>
I don't necessarily hate it, I just hate how it's used.
>>
File: desu.png (144 KB, 250x302) Image search: [Google]
desu.png
144 KB, 250x302
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/javascript-trap.en.html
>>
>>55522039
I don't, but...

>Async is annoying
>Memory leaks
>No pointers

Really keeps me using C++ a lot more.
>>
File: 1468256503828s.jpg (7 KB, 250x149) Image search: [Google]
1468256503828s.jpg
7 KB, 250x149
why are g mods such cancer?
>>
>>55522191
its the fastest scripting language out there, maybe lua can compete, but lua can modify its syntax moer easly to fit the performance needs where as javascript is stuck with its legacy but still doing alright, def faster then python or ruby.

>>55522215
a lot of people simply don't do OOP in javascript, modules that maintain local minimal local state if any and a functional a like style are the standard amount high quality code bases.

>>55523440
blame the API's not javascript, some people like to call its lack of threads a weakness but just image if jquery devs gotten full power of your hardware.

>>55524060
>Some of it is justified, but after programming in it for awhile I prefer it to those languages.

basically what I went throu but starting to grow on C# (only if not this bloated OOP that you sometimes get)
>>
>>55522039
http://www.jsfuck.com/
>>
File: 1453518411770.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1453518411770.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>55522039
because WSH panels in foobar2000 dont work on linux (wine)
>>
>high level language
>all variables are global by default
>Why do you hate javascript?
>>
>>55525915
I don't know javascript but that seems a bit weird. Are even variables defined in functions global by default? Is there a way to specify variables as not global?
>>
>>55526550
Yes, to specific a variable as local you add "var" in front of it.
>>
>>55525915

>How do I closure?
>>
>>55522851
But you can still run your exact JS code from 1995, and it will work.
>>
>>55525915
you represent the JS haters very well, basically drawing your knowledge from ancient ES3 times and thinking it still holds, hint: it doesn't.
>>
>>55522039
EVERYONE USES IT

I DON'T LIKE THIS
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.