[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>framerate graphs being used as overall performance evidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1306746133732.jpg (66 KB, 798x567) Image search: [Google]
1306746133732.jpg
66 KB, 798x567
>framerate graphs being used as overall performance evidence even though the graphs become obsolete the moment a game update rolls out or a driver update rolls out (sometimes with significant performance changes)

>the inability of the users to understand or seek out education about the various components that make a GPU and how they work, and the inability to realize that every GPU varies in what it's good at computing, because some computing units on GPUs have specialized tasks and the overall frequency rate of a GPU ignores and doesn't represent the actual values that matter in terms of GPU computing power

>the obsession of gaymer class GPU users (GeForce/R-series) over single digit or two-digit framerate differences even though they don't have any impact on the gaymer's gayming skills, and are completely unnoticeable when a gaymer is too focused on gaymeplay to bother about the overall graphics
>the idea that a better GPU will make you a better gaymer

Why are gaymer class GPUs allowed to saturate /g/?
If not being contained to the respective shitposting board (/v/), why isn't there at least a rule being enforced by mods and admin which allows only one Gaymer Class GPU General Thread (everything except Quadro/FirePro) to be present on /g/ at any time?
/g/ always has an unusually sharp increase in tech illiterate threads filled with retardation whenever new GPUs of the gaymer class come out.
>>
I do my research on GPUs. I know how they work. I also play video games, and having picked the right GPU, I can look at a pretty game. Whoever comes up with bullshit like "makes you a better gamer" is absolutely retarded, it just looks smoother/prettier.
>>
>>55520365

>4chan has become mainstream

even /pol/ is mainstream nowadays

i swear every game i played in csgo this year i met some /pol/ fag
>>
dont try and pretend that the only thing you're going to use a GPU for isn't gaming
>>
>>55520595
I don't use a GPU as i don't do gayming. The Intel on-board graphics suffices.
But if you seriously think that the professional GPUs (Quadro/FirePro) don't have specific calculation and memory features which are made for professional editing and modelling tasks, which have a negative impact on gayming much akin to how error correcting memory does, which makes them anything but cards for gayming,
then you are woefully misinformed and uninformed.
>>
>>55520823
nobody buys those cards for gaming you fucking autist
>>
>>55521553
Is your reading comprehension lacking, or is following a chain of replies in the discussion and the points they are discussing too hard of a task for you?
>>
>>55520577
>even /pol/
Any URL with /new/ in it used to redirect to /pol/ for a while. It's literally babby's first board if you feel too good for /b/.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.