[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to voluntarily upgrade my Win7 to 10, ask me anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 55b1fca12353d[1].png (55 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
55b1fca12353d[1].png
55 KB, 450x450
About to voluntarily upgrade my Win7 to 10, ask me anything.
>>
is your lube ready
>>
>>55519467
Why are such an incompetent piece of shit who cannot do a clean enterprise install?
>>
>>55519467
fuck you
>>
>>55519474
I like it dry and rough
>>55519475
Actually I need to reinstall my 7 to legal version first, before I can upgrade it
>>55519483
y-you too
>>
Why do you hate freedom?
>>
>>55519467
On laptop or desktop?
>>
>>55519500
I'm willing to trade part of my privacy for comfy and modern OS
>>55519502
Desktop. On laptop I already have dualboot win10/ubuntu.
>>
>>55519467
Enjoy your experience. Windows 10 is great.
>>
>actually installing ad OS

why

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3039827/windows/7-ways-windows-10-pushes-ads-at-you-and-how-to-stop-them.html
this will only get worse in the future, microsoft already called windows 10 a 'platform for commercial partners'

and then there's the the forced updates. shit tier os
>>
>>55519511
stick with 8.1 if you want modern and comfy. but hey, it's your pc. use whatever software you like, but don't come crying in a montrh or two when it behaves exactly as /g/ told you.
>>
u can do it anon
forget those tinfoil hat cuck
>>
Install the enterprise version so you dont have to deal with most things freetards complain about
>>
Do you know about this?

WiFi-Sense & Hotspot-Authentication
WiFi-Sense enables automatic login to known Wi-Fi networks and sharing of Wi-Fi credentials to Facebook, Outlook and Skype
contacts. The criticality of this feature is out of doubt and the default configuration of WiFi-Sense is a highly problematic one.
Imagine an employee of your organization, using his or her corporate notebook (with the credentials for the corporate WiFi) for
personal activities (if this is allowed), like communicating via Skype or Facebook: WiFi-Sense will share the corporate’s WiFi
credentials to all contacts of the employee in Facebook, Skype or Outlook!

https://www.ernw.de/download/newsletter/ERNW_Newsletter_52_Win10_Priv_v1.0_signed.pdf
>>
>not getting Enterprise
Well, you're just asking for it.
>>
Personalization features
>Depending on the device type, in particular tablet devices with touch input and voice recognition, handwriting personalization and
other adapting techniques like speech pattern recognition could lead to serious business risks (e.g. when corporate business data
from a meeting is analysed in the Microsoft cloud for handwriting personalization). Microsoft is planning to use German
datacentres in cooperation with the Deutsche Telekom, but currently all traffic related to personalization features (including what
you speak and what you write) ends on servers outside of Germany.8 Hence, if you do not want to share your data with Microsoft,
turn off such features.

2.5 Targeted Ads
>Having "Personalized ads wherever I use my Microsoft account" active is the “simple” description of a wide-spanning setting.
Having personalized ads turned on means that Windows 10 itself becomes a hub for targeted ads. To set a cookie for your browser,
which deactivates this feature, go to https://choice.microsoft.com/en-gb/opt-out and set both options to “off”. You should keep in
mind, that this deactivates personalized ads only in the browser! For a complete deactivation of this feature set, the "advertising
ID" should be turned off via Group Policy.9

2.6 Location
>Location-aware applications can track movement by monitoring the built-in location sensor (GPS sensor). With that information,
the application can create a detailed motion profile. So it is a good idea to turn location access completely off, if you do not need
to use it. Otherwise, only apps that really depend on location-based functionalities (like maps or navigation) should have access to
the location sensors. This can be granularly adjusted with the settings in the following section.
>>
>>55519909
Telemetry, Feedback & Diagnostics, CEIP, Error Reporting
>Regarding Error Reporting you might completely disable any data traffic to Microsoft, but even if the default configuration is kept,
Windows asks the user before sending data. For most applications the Consumer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) is optin
but regarding Windows itself it is opt-out. You can opt-out during the installation process or afterwards. If you take part in CEIP,
Microsoft collects information about your device, as well as connected devices, how you use the program for which you participate
and how it is set-up and performing during runtime. To perform a proper analysis of the collected reports over time, CEIP creates
a globally unique identifier (GUID), which is stored on your system and is sent with every report. The GUID is randomly generated
and does not include any information about your device. However, the collected data might contain identifying information (such
as a serial number of a connected device), which could make it possible to establish a link between your device and your GUID.
Telemetry, as well as Feedback and Diagnostic, cannot be turned off completely. It is not possible to opt-out entirely of sending
any data to Microsoft. For Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Education, Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise and IoT Core the lowest
level available is the “security level”, which still includes information about the OS version used, the device ID, the device class and,
if it is used, the Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) (including device info and the IP address) and the Windows Defender
(including: anti-malware signatures, diagnostic information, User Account Control settings, Unified Extensible Firmware Interface
(UEFI) settings, and IP address). For other editions the lowest selectable level is the “basic level”, which includes additional
information7 about the device on which Windows is running.
>>
Cortana, Windows Apps, App Privacy
>Cortana is a personal assistant, which Microsoft included with Windows 10, and for full functionality it needs plenty of information
about you. You still can deactivate different options of information gathering, but without voice recognition, location
determination, contact information etc. Cortana might not be very useful. The information Cortana gathers to “get to know you
better” is stored in “Cortana’s notebook” on your system and in the cloud. You can delete the “notebook” manually, but voice data
without personal references is nevertheless stored for 30 days to improve services that use voice recognition. If you use Cortana,
Microsoft apps and services have access to the collected data, third-party apps and services as well if the user permits it. Microsoft
states that none of the collected data is passed on to advertisers.10 If you choose to use Cortana, be aware that you might disclose
not just your own personal data to Microsoft but also data of your contacts.
>>
How much are they paying you?
>>
>>55519895
No it will not it has to be specifically enabled and every company that's not completely retarded does not let their employees do private skyping or facebook and has wifi sense deactivated through gpos.
>>
Is it okay to not mind using Win10?
>>
>>55520655
>No it will not it has to be specifically enabled
you got it backwards. it has to be specifically DISabled
>>
Are you doing a clean install or actually fucking yourself with an upgrade installation?
>>
>>55519467
Why would we care
>>
>>55520731
Only if you`re an idiot
>>
>>55519467
Why didn't you post your blog in blogspot?
>>
>>55520825
Because you post here
>>
>>55519467
Why don't you fuck off and poo in the loo?
>>
>>55519467
>About to voluntarily upgrade my Win7 to 10, ask me anything.

How many alcohols did you drunk?
>>
>>55519467
I'm coming back to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 right now. Hopefully Windows 10 won't fatally crash to me like it did months ago.
>>
How's life when you're autistic?
>>
>>55519909
>not getting Enterprise
Can't get that for free, right? How easy is it to use non legit one?
>>
>>55519493
It's more pleasurable with lube you get to feel him in you while you're caressing each other and kissing.
>>
>>55519634
get back to work, you microfag
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.