[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in a new city and I'm bringing my thinkpad P50
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
I'm in a new city and I'm bringing my thinkpad P50 out to a coffee shop to work tomorrow. What kind of reactions can I expect? Any public thinkpad stories?
>>
>>55517997
Nobody's going to give a damn that you're using a laptop, you autistic fucking dipshit.
>>
>>55517997
NOBODY CARES
>>
>hello can I sit next to you :)
>>
>>55518079
GET OUTTA HERE WITH YOUR PORTABLE AUTISM
>>
you'd better bring a bat to keep all the girls off you trying to suck your dick.
>>
>>55518096

>don't be so tsundre anon, wanna touch my trackpoint ;)
>>
File: IFGKB8J.jpg (28 KB, 574x531) Image search: [Google]
IFGKB8J.jpg
28 KB, 574x531
>>55517997
A man walks through the door; his trenchcoat black, but his pheromones unmistakable. Swinging open his coat to reach for payment for the latte he just purchased, you can see his unusual attire, plain white new balance, cargo pants with zip off leggings to become shorts if necessary, a black timex watch and a polo shirt that is clearly a size or two large on him and a spotty beard that seems to sprawl along his neck like the suburbs of the Washington DC Metro area.

You become tense as he steps closer to your table, eventually pulling out a chair and putting his backpack onto the floor. As he sits down, he pulls out his own thinkpad (a T60) and his portable happy hacking professional 2 keyboard.

"I hope you don't mind me sitting here" he mentions with a smirk as he logs into tty without a display manager "I knew after seeing your P50 that we probably had a lot in common". As the man runs startx and loads a minimal DWM configuration a few girls get uncomfortable, close their macbooks and head for the door; seeing two socially awkward men on dinosaur computers has them feeling uneasy.

You glance at the man's screen, his username is marshviperx, and after feeding on a bit of skin from his foot he slowly pushes it across the floor to play footsie with yours. "Us /g/entoomen must stick together" he mentions with another smirk while setting his fedora onto the table.

Don't do it OP.
>>
>>55517997
>I'm bringing my thinkpad P50 out to a coffee shop to work tomorrow. What kind of reactions can I expect?
That's some macfag-hipster tier of caring about what other people think of you because of your laptop
Just kys
>>
File: 1960s american highschoolers.webm (2 MB, 640x316) Image search: [Google]
1960s american highschoolers.webm
2 MB, 640x316
>>55518253
>and after feeding on a bit of skin from his foot
i lost
>>
>>55517997
>I'm bringing my thinkpad P50 out to a coffee shop to work tomorrow.
>What kind of reactions can I expect?

Expect to get quiet stares when you spill your coffee on the keyboard and its catastrophically fails while you lose all your data.

Though of course, if Lenovo hadnt ruined the Thinkpad line and you had an older model you would get a bunch of "hey thats cool, your computer has drainage holes in case you spill water on it!"
>>
> hay guys I just got a THINKPAD P50 so I expect a lot off attention from the normies being jelly LOL because only cool people use thinkpads
>>
>thinkpad P50
>P-series
expect people to laugh at you for not having a T- or an X-series
>>
>>55518454
>Expect to get quiet stares when you spill your coffee on the keyboard and its catastrophically fails while you lose all your data.
This. OP should get a real thinkpad
>>
They tend to hand out think pads and pro books like candy at certain companies.

Depending on the location of your coffee shop pretty much everyone else will have one.
>>
>>55517997
>I'm in a new city and I'm bringing my laptop out to a coffee shop to work tomorrow. What kind of reactions can I expect? Any public thinkpad stories?
None, it's as normal as it gets.
>>
>>55517997
I'm always going to coffeeshops with fast upload bc my home internet has shit upload speed. there is always a thinkpad used by not-faggot normies(business men/women or normie students)
>>
File: 1467668634935.jpg (26 KB, 461x417) Image search: [Google]
1467668634935.jpg
26 KB, 461x417
>>55517997
>brand new X220
>bring it to uni
>girl sitting next to me asks how old my laptop is in disgust
>tell her 1 week
>"whoa it looks so old school"
>tell her about how thinkpads are master race
>10 mins later get yelled at for talking in class
>shes now going to replace her 2009 MBP with one
>never seen again

for clarification i didn't kill her she must have dropped out but was fun talking to a grill about computers and them actually seeming interested.
>>
How do you like it OP?

I have an old Zbook and want to upgrade.
>>
>>55519310

this is why women are good consumers
they're so vulnerable to advertising and sales pitch

never give women access to your money
>>
File: 1455204911920.gif (2 MB, 500x589) Image search: [Google]
1455204911920.gif
2 MB, 500x589
Thinkpads are pretty common at coffee shops
>>
>>55519786
thats because a lot of companies commission them out to their employees.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.