[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gf complains why i don't have a facebook >auto reply
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image_18.jpg (24 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image_18.jpg
24 KB, 640x360
>gf complains why i don't have a facebook
>auto reply "because of botnet sweetie"
>"what's a botnet?"
>"basically skynet babe"
>litterally argues how thats not true
>provides facts about why it is true
>next day still complains for [ me !=botnet]
>>
>gf wonders why I don't have a Facebook account
>tell her about Facebook's egregious spying
>Switches to Signal for messaging with me
Sounds like you're a cuck m8
>>
>>55517159
nice blog post

sage
>>
>>55517159
How the fuck are you this autistic and have a gf?
>>
>>55517159
Seems like your gf understands malware terms better than you.
Facebook isn't a botnet, it's spyware.
>>
>>55517159
Who even uses Facebook anymore? I logged in the other day and it seemed like everyone except for my parents either abandoned or outright deleted their account. I think anyone under the age of 40 has moved on to either twitter or instagram, and uses an app like kik for chatting with friends.
>>
>>55517740
nah they probably just unfriended you
>>
>>55517275
Haven't you heard, anon? We're living in the waifu age.
>>
>>55518502
>nonfree girlfriend
>>
>gf wonders why I don't have a Facebook account
>"I haven't found any use for it tb.h"
>realize I don't have a gf
>>
>>55517740
I only had an account there so I could decline being tagged initially. I barely use it.

You're right: Facebook is mostly what your parents/family use. Either people have alts (against the rules) or post elsewhere. Instagram and Snapchat are currently popular. LINE amongst the weeaboos. WhatsApp for most others. (Not making value judgments about security here, just purely on popularity for the moment.)

Millennials often only use Facebook for occasional updates, and organising events/parties: that's why not having it makes you a social pariah, because they can't invite you.

I've talked with people at Facebook about this, and unsurprisingly they're keeping their head down and focusing on what they're doing personally. The people there really do care about protecting the data they have as best they can, but management wants metrics and data, and only really gets pissed off when governments steal ihard-won data from behind their back. Long-term sustainability is Zuck's problem.

The real name thing was the deal-breaker for me, and why I turned down their offer. I have strong opinions and hard data on that, but from on high they're quite dogmatic about it, even if in the trenches they understand exactly what I'm saying.

Realistically however it's probably got another decade in it before it goes the way of MySpace.
>>
>>55518525
nah, everyone uses his gf freely
>>
>>55517159

>argue with gf about tech

found your mistake.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.