[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a new phone, is the S7 worth it /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8
I need a new phone, is the S7 worth it /g/?
>>
>>55516917
Buy the RN3Pro faggot
>>
>>55516917
No. You'll never get updates and the bootloader isn't unlockable. Root is also unstable so you can't remove the bloatware (there's tons).

Buy a Nexus phone, dipshit. You'll actually get the support you should have. I recommend the 6P.
>>
>>55519586
>implying there isn't an international model with unlocked bootloader and easy perm root
>implying they don't get monthly security OTA even before nexus devices

M8, you better learn before you post.
>>
>>55516917
i got one last week and its dope
>>
>>55519609
>before Nexus devices
>learn before you post
I've never laughed harder.

>implying the international versions bootloaders come unlocked
>shilling this hard
Holy shit. Please die in a hole.
>>
>>55519684
You're just embarrassing yourself now. Do at least a little bit of research before shitting up the board further.
>>
u do know samsung is slowly turning into another apple clone right anon.
>>
>>55519709
>implying I'm shitting up the board
>is literally a pajeet trying to sell samshits
You're making a total ass of yourself to someone who has a Galaxy s6 and Note 5 sitting on their desk in front of them. Nexus phones are better. I'm not an idiot pajeet, my real world experience proves you wrong. The bootloaders on the s7 are not unlockable. There are no custom ROMs. Root is a mess. Why? Because Samsung has the things so locked down that you can't even flash a stock firmware thats been repacked.

Source: Everyone in the s7 part of XDA
>>
>>55519723
This. Was a fan of samshit now Im glad Im off that train.
Bought a blackberry passport - that shit is cash
>>
i quit samshit too. sooooo glad I did. happy with g4, thinking bout 1+3
>>
>>55519616
>dope
kill your family
>>
>>55520207
What turned you off of 1+3? I'm totally on board for a 1+3 right now.
>>
>>55519794
>Nexus phones are better
is that why the nexus 4, only 3 years old, doesn't even get android 6?
>>
Buy a Sony Xperia X
>>
>>55520749
except for charger port (which is loose) my g4 is absolutely fine. and i'm on cm13 - a little addicted to nightlies, so...
>>
still on verizon unlimited data plan and have to buy phones retail. bought my galaxy s3 for $600 in 2011. Any phones better than s3 that I can buy outright for under $600 yet? I feel like prices have held steady and even the s3 is barely cheaper now than it was then.
>>
>>55520740
nigga you best step off it
>>
>>55520767
Don't remind me... I'm still using the 4, because all phones now are fucking paddles. Hopefully the new line of Nexii will be good.
>>
>>55516917
>asking autismos on /g/ about anything but chinkphones
the s7 is a great phone, dont listen to the idiots who cry about not being able to put their shitty mobile linux shit on it
>>
>>55516917
I have international version which is great, but avoid the american one, they got cucked hard (hence the shitposting).
>>
>>55519586
>buy the phone with the ginormous bezels which uses screen space for buttons, dipshit
Not him but that's retarded, no
>>
My father gave my mother a S7 as Christmas present. She's moving all her contacts and all her files to a Samsung A5 now because her S7 literally fried: it reaches insanely high temperatures and the screen has really weird green lines.
>>
>>55521194
Warranty replacement
>>
>>55516917
I feel it's worth it. It's quick and responsive. Yes there is some bloat. SD card solves this. TouchWiz is somewhat useful. A number of things I had installed on my old phone have counterparts that come with the S7. I just wish my old phone could have died after the note 7 launch.
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>>/g/spg
>>
>>55516917
S7e is GOAT, posting from one now
>>
s7 is pretty banter

Mine's never failed to amaze me. Much faster than my shitty LG G3 that i had for about a year
>>
>>55522533
>>55522561
>touchwizz
>>
>>55522572
>autism
>>
Get a iPhone no bloatware and it just works
>>
Got a 1 week old S7 for 600 dollarydoos. I haven't felt so impressed with a phone since I had my S3 when it came out.
>>
>>55516917
The only things I can complain about is that the Sprint version has no easy root and that Samsung hasn't yet fully implemented the marshmallow storage
>>
File: elcyAxo.jpg (322 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
elcyAxo.jpg
322 KB, 1440x2560
>>55522572
its not even a problem for me

barely noticeable
>>
>>55516917
Buy an HTC. Or a Nexus. Or ANYTHING with an unlockable firmware.
>>
>>55522589
>calling out a phone for its unnecessary bloatware, lagginess, inability to root or unlock the bootloader, or delete aforementioned bloatware is "autism"
>>
>>55522635
>taeyeon as a wallpaper
I hope you realise that everyone that sees your screen when you unlock it in public is laughing at your shit taste in kpop idols
>>
>>55522729
Not even him, but come on
>Taeyeon
>shit

Now that's just wrong
>>
File: 3qDXhhS.png (4 MB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
3qDXhhS.png
4 MB, 1200x1920
>>55522729
i'm not a paedophile who likes underaged idols, my bad
>>
>>55522572
>8 Cores
>4GB RAM
Do you honestly believe it lags or are you repeating /g/ memes?
>>
>>55523314
may as well get a nexus if youre gonna get chinkshit
>>
>>55516917
S7 is absolute trash like all Samsung phones. Right now everyone is in the honeymoon period and creaming themselves about all the cool features like le curve, while ignoring shitty peninsula chink engineering and construction. In a year or two you're going to start seeing these things break and fail en masse like a $350 best buy special HP shitilion laptop.
>>
If you like extra bloatware and touchjizz, unless you feel like overpaying for a unlocked one. Samsung is the Acer of smartphones, except the hardware is decent quality
>>
>>55522729
>Taeyeon
>Shit

Butthurt because she's more successful than your favourite group as a whole
>>
>>55523337
it lags in spite of that
if touchwizz was any decent and had ZERO samshit/carrier bloatware, or at least the ability to fully delete (not "disable") it, maybe it wouldn't have been a meme in the first place
>>
File: hahaha.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>55519586
>be me
>living in germany
>buy brand new s7 in contract
>look for bloatware -> Just some vodafone shit which ist uninstallable
>check rooting methods -> one click root
>DONE

mfw root is stable
mfw s7 is a fucking nice phone
mfw I just jizzed
>>
>>55519794
Please link me to your own personal XDA because it's the opposite of what I see on the public one
>>
File: xdxdxdxxd.png (47 KB, 363x310) Image search: [Google]
xdxdxdxxd.png
47 KB, 363x310
>>55516917
yes
>>
File: 1459743867776.png (29 KB, 201x226) Image search: [Google]
1459743867776.png
29 KB, 201x226
>>55516917
>mfw just realized the reflection is a 7
>>
>>55525063
Oh shit
>>
File: phone.jpg (73 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
phone.jpg
73 KB, 1000x1000
>>55525063
>>
3 reasons why not:
1.touchwiz
2.expensive
3.the backsite glass will break after it's first fall
(4.parts to this phone are expensive too)
>>
>>55520938
Go on eBay, you can get a droid turbo under 200 and a G2 under 100
>>
I have a Samsung S5 at the moment and was thinking of getting a moto G4 Plus? Does anyone have a recommendation on a suitable replacement to my S5?
>>
>itt retards complaining about retarded shit that %99 of the people buying the phone won't use

>muhhhhh bootloaderrr bwahhhhh i can't install muh linbuxxxxxx bwahhhhh

Fucking kill your selves aspielords, no body cares about your custom icons, S7 is the best phone there is.
>>
>>55528724
Are you retarded? It's not about what 99 % of the people buying the phone need. It's about OP, who visits this very technology image board wanting to get a new phone. He might actually care about rooting, unlocking the bootloader, not having to have it filled with unnecessary bloatware, having a horrible UI and lagging.
>>
>>55528724
>best phone there is
>touchwizz
>>
>>55528819
>entire thread devolves into muihhhh bootloaderr bwahhhh

Somehow this is valid and constructive criticism about a phone that is objectively superior in almost every way to anything currently released.

Where are the complaints about anything else BUT this retardness? people hate the screen? people hate the battery? people hate the camera? people hate the build quality? people hate the WiFi? what? no, there is nothing, only whining by babies that never intended on buying the phone asking for retarded features that no one wants.

I didn't see OP say "hey if it doesn't have a unlocked bootloader i don't want it" i saw OP ask for an opinion of the phone as a whole and these responses are retarded circlejerk by stallman looking retards.
>>
>>55516917
No. Get a Samsung Note
>>
>>55529143
You're wrong though.
>>
>>55529292
Not an argument.
>>
No. It's a current flagship phone and there are much better deals to be had. Get an LG G3. Good ROMs, good display, fast enough, SD slot, $300 or so. Use the rest of the money for an XXL limited edition dragon dildo or that gold plated fingerbox you've been wanting for so long.
>>
>>55516917
It's literally the best non nexus android on the planet. If you have the money it is worth it.

/g/ is full of poor people and "savvy" consumers though, who will no doubt be recommending low quality chinese spyware phones or phones releases 4 years ago.
>>
Go for the following
Galaxy s5 or s4
Lg v10 or g4
OP3

Or if you're feeling a bit gay
Any iPhone above the 5 unless you have small manlet hands
>>
>>55529706
>>55529143
>best non nexus Android
>touchwizz
>no root or unlocked bootloader
>bloatware (see "touchwizz")
>lag
if that's the best non nexus android there is, all non nexus androids must be true garbage
>>
>>55529804
Why?
>>
>>55530005
Galaxy s4 and s5 because they have a removable battery, SD card expansion, and are powerful phones even for today. They also have a nice modding community.

Lg v10 or g4 for the same reasons as above although I'm not sure about the modding community.

OP3 because it's a good phone for it's price and it runs near stock android.

And iPhone because imessage is goat
>>
>>55530179
>Galaxy s4
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>55522622
Kek
>>
>>55529908
>>>55529706
>>>55529143
>>best non nexus Android
Depends on what you use your phone for
>>touchwizz
Not a problem unless you're one of the shills screaming to install some niche linux distro on everything
>>no root or unlocked bootloader
Not true for all and the only reason I really install custom roms is when that phone stops receiving OTA updates, which this won't for a while
>>bloatware (see "touchwizz")
Not that bad, most can be removed, rest can be disabled
>>lag
No
>if that's the best non nexus android there is, all non nexus androids must be true garbage
Stop shilling nexus just because it has stock Android, the hardware is shit

>inb4 taking that much effort to disable stuff
>>
>>55516917
S7 is not worth it, you drop that slippery fucker once and it's $400 for a new screen and your shit isn't water resistant anymore.
>>
>>55531390
>disable
>not delete
j fucking ej
>>
>>55531429
If you're filling up 32gb worth of apps you play too many games. There's a micro SD for external, so really the only thing on internal is OS, some data, and apps
>>
>>55531455
that's not the point
the point is having the right to delete unnecessary bloat off YOUR device
arguably, part of the point is said bloat should never come in your device to begin with
>>
>>55520767
What 3 year old Samshit got MM? That's ok I'll wait for you to answer.
>>
>>55531579
You're just bitching about a non-issue. I'd rather have a few disabled applications and great hardware than shit hardware and maintaining the "right" to delete applications
>>
File: 543232515.gif (487 KB, 330x243) Image search: [Google]
543232515.gif
487 KB, 330x243
>this fucking thread
>>
I have owned a Galaxy S7 for 2 weeks now. Before this I had owned various iPhones for the past 4 years.

I really like it so far, and it does all I need it to. It doesn't lag, it's fast and easy to use, I don't use touchwizz as I have Nova Launcher, and I have no complaints other than it getting hot while quick charging.

But it's better than any of the iPhones I had before it.
>>
>>55532035
>durr I have Nova launcher I don't have touchwizz durr
retard
>>55531825
>non issue
considering im not alone complaining about bloatware and touchwizz, id say it is an issue
enjoy getting cucked by security and os upgrades once the s8 comes out :)
>>
>>55532319
>considering im not alone complaining about bloatware and touchwizz, id say it is an issue
Wow, there are shills and idiots on/g? Why did no one tell me?
>>
>>55532319
I realize Nova launcher simply justcovers up touchwizz, but it'd still fast as fuck

Not everyone is some hacker extrordinaire and needs to root their device. I'm happy with it the way it is with Nova launcherr .
>>
Charging port broke, have to use a wireless charger

No
Expandable
Storage

Writing on a 1yr old s7
>>
>>55519537
xiaomi shill
>>
>get s7
>cant find a screen protector that doesnt cost $30 because of the retarded screen
Not US so I can't get the ones off Amazon because after shipping+conversion costs $40
>>
>>55516917
Absolutely yes. One thousand times.
>>
>>55529669
>LG G3
>good display
Funniest post I've seen today
>>
>LG shills complaining about "touchwizz"
lmao

the LG skin is easily the worst manufacturer UI in Android right now. bad color choice, bad icons, too much manipulation...

Samsung Touchwiz is actually pretty good since the Galaxy S6. It's actually quite material design, and you could install a theme if you really want material colors.
>>
>taewhore
>good
>>
>>55533509
>mfw s7 isn't even 5 months old
>mfw s7 HAS EXPANDABLE STORAGE
>>
>>55533509
>No
>Expandable
>Storage
Are we talking about the S7?
>>
Get the OnePlus 3.
>>
>>55535239
Don't you mean the S7 Edge?
>>
>>55535615
Why?
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.