[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LG G4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: hero_home.jpg (328 KB, 493x742) Image search: [Google]
hero_home.jpg
328 KB, 493x742
How can one phone have so much potential yet have it disappear with one seemingly inevitable problem?

Anyone already own one of these? Am I an idiot for considering it still even with the bootloop possibility?
>>
>>55516328
Mine came with 6.0. Runs great.
>>
It WILL bootloop

There's a reason these pieces of shit can be had for $200 new
>>
>>55516399
For now.
>>
>>55516328
My wife just had hers go bootloop about 3 days ago. Via TMobile it didn't even ping against our warranty. Just a $5 fee to replace with another unit.

I, personally, will never own another LG phone. I owned a G2X. That taught me that LG is utter shit when it comes to basic hardware QA.
>>
Explain
>>
>>55516328
Got mine november-ish last year, Model H812. Haven't had any problems with it at all, running Android MM.
>>
>>55516464
LG G4 has a fatal bootloop error that is pretty much inevitable based on hardware issues that have apparently never been actually addressed. It mostly affected those who originally purchased their phones at launch and was said to not exist post-September 2015, but it has since been documented in numerous phones that have been made since then.

tl;dr your G4 will eventually brick and you'll be SOL if you're outside of warranty
>>
>>55516509
Weird. Never had an issue
>>
That's why I went with a Google Nexus 6P when I upgraded from my LG G2.
I read enough horror stories about the bootloop issue, and it scared me off.
>>
>>55516538
It's unknown what exactly causes it to happen or when it will happen, but it is known to be a fault with the motherboard, perhaps soldering-related (people have noted that baking their motherboards will temporarily fix the issue.)
>>
Having owned a Nexus 5 I'll never own an LG phone again. Great internals for its time but shitty build quality.
>>
I'm on my third replacement from Sprint. It's shit, don't get it.
>>
>>55516328
Employee of a major carrier here

We got so many of those back for repairs it's not even funny

The G5 seems to be a good phone so far but the G4 was such a piece of crap that everyone lost faith in it and now they have to fire them off as buy one get one free
>>
Sounds like the fucking xb360 all over again
>>
>>55517017
It pretty much exactly is.
>>
>>55516328
What about the G5?
>>
Using mine right now
Tmobile version running on 6.0? Maybe 6.0.1 not sure
Really disappointed with the device
anybody elses picture quality shit?
Like low res, not true colors, etc
Also battery life is terrible
Not sure what my next upgrade is gonna be any recommendations?
>>
File: cID8A4k.jpg (675 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
cID8A4k.jpg
675 KB, 5312x2988
>>55517751
Picture quality is amazing though, what are you talking about?
>>
>>55516509
Got my G4 in December. Looks like I'll be good for awhile.
>>
>>55517923
But for how long? That's what keeping me from getting one. Everything else about them is amazing.

I mean I would just get one through my carrier but $350/2 yrs is kinda steep even with a warranty for when it inevitably breaks. Meanwhile, I could get one barely used for almost half the cost, but who knows how long it'll last?

Damn you, LG.
>>
>>55516328

Ah but you're the lucky one, my fucking g3 hard bricked. That's right it won't even turn on. And i never even once tried to change the stock features. Didn't evem upgrade it. Because I know every upgrade companies so it purposely make your phone go to shit. But hey just my luck I get fucked anyways.

And I'm not even on a major carrier so even if I want to unbrick it. It's near impossible to find the right tot/kdz. And then it's not even reliable after that.

Fml i might just pick up that zenphone or phuck it and go nexus
>>
>>55518276
If you're gonna get one make absolutely sure to back it up consistently on a schedule. Cause this problem got worse from the G3 line.
>>
>>55518379
Stick with Samsung, Sony or HTC and you're golden. There's so much garbage shilled out there, so just ignore them if possible.
>>
>>55518401
You know if any of those brands have back buttons (instead of the side buttons) because that eas the #1 reason I adored my g3. I might check out sony anyways since TouchJizz is a travesty.
>>
File: 1465672350597.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465672350597.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
Fugg I got one in December, is it really gonna die early?
>>
Was over in Hong Kong recently picked up two G4s for 220euro each, both running fine on marshmallow but as soon as I heard about that bootloop issue I sold them. Disgraceful never expected that from LG

The phone I want is the V10 it's pure beautiful or I hope they do a new version of it
>>
I was seriously thinking about getting this phone until I came across this
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/4dibyz/bootlooped_post_your_info_here_megathread/

it depressed the shit out of me.

the 5x melts
the 6p bends
the s7 is nice but can't afford it.

any thing decent in the $300 to 400 range
>>
is the bootloop only affecting burgers? Because all it's written here are american providers and america has it's own special boy models that differ from international ones
>>
>>55518965
Next nexus should be announced next month or very shortly after.

Also check out the ZTE Axon 7: audiophile guts SD 820, 4gb RAM, a good camera, SD card + dual sim, and a large battery. $450 releasing this month on US carriers

YEAH MAN
>>
>>55518879
>G4s
>same as G4
>>
LG-G2 and the V10 are the only good LG products.
>>
>>55521236
can confirm
>>
>>55518795
Got mine a few months ago. I feel terrible too. The phone is amazing though.
>>
>>55516417
THIS
Literally just had to send mine in to get replaced. Need a new phone desperately. Up until then it was fucking fantastic, but that just ruined it for me.
>>
Sent my G4 in twice broke each time a day after it got back, Just got the Lg G5 for 300 new from some Iphone cuck who didn't like it, shits cash.
>>
>>55521236
This.
I'm saving for the V10
>>
File: 1468206458409.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1468206458409.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>55516634
>I'm on my third replacement from Sprint.

Holy shit you too? I said if it breaks one more time, I'm just going to pull a fuck it and buy a completely different phone. I'll pay over $300, I'm not about to go through this again.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.