[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things normies do with tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: where do you think we are.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>"I'm bored"
>"You have a computer right?"
>"Yeah"
>"Why not install some games on it so you're not bored"
>"THAT'S SO HARD! I DON'T KNOW HOW"
>"Goto steamcommunity.com install steam, make an acc, look for free games or buy some, click install, let it do it's thing DONE."
>"That sounds like a lot of work anon!"
>"It takes like 5 minutes. there's so many games to choose from."

>Buying a computer for college
>waste 700 on it
>doesn't use it to their advantage
>sell it for 300 in a year
>doesn't just buy a chrome book instead for taking notes.

Why do normies waste money on things they don't even take advantage of?
>>
You fucking autism baby
>>
Why are you so salty about how other people live their lives?
>>
>>55514923
no u

>>55514942
I'm not salty, I'm just wondering why people buy tech and don't take advantage of it. There's so much you can do on a computer that isn't complicated yet people basically buy them as facebook machines. They should make all laptops with no more than a 50GB hard drive and require you to buy a standalone if you want more than that. Limit it to a browser and a few small features. It's not like people today are not connected to the internet, so no reason to not use things like google docs in the first place. It seems like a waste of money if you're buying a sandwhich to just look at it.
>>
>Downloading games from steam

No, you are the normie.
>>
>>55516811
I was going to say this.

You know what's quicker and gives you free games, just downloading some gog shit. you don't have to sign up and you don't have to limit yourself to shitty free games
>>
>>55514964
Trying to optimize for minimum wastage of resources in all aspects of life is a waste of time. One day when you're old enough and not poor enough, you'll understand.
>>
>>55516811
>>55516859
I have friends. when I say "normie" i mean TURBO NORMIE. Most of us here are prolly normie on the outside to a degree. I don't really count steam as "normie" as much as if you have it you at least know how to google shit more than likely.
>>
>>55516898
I don't even get what you're saying here.
>>
>>55516907
normies at least know how to pirate a game and click install.

you make the process long and arduous
>>
>>55516932
For example, if someone buys a chromebook and decide that they want to use something heavy like photoshop, then they have to waste time to get an upgrade. If they buy a 50GB laptop and decide they want to store more photos, then they have to waste time to look for hard disks. By trying to optimize for resource usage, time is wasted. While it's easy for a tech savvy person it's time consuming for a layman. Translate consumer-tech savvy to cooking-savvy, car-mechanic savvy, financially-savvy, and you realize that there are many aspects of life that we don't optimize for because we're not experts in all of them.
>>
>>55516989
>normies know how to pirate
LOL NO THEY FUCKING DONT!
I use to be one of the main 3 people on the bay about 5 years ago for the sims complete collection. I would get messages all the damn time about how to install it. They had NO fucking clue how to and when I offered to work with them thru team viewer they thought I was going to hack them.

Normies like them have no idea how pirating works. They are the youtube to mp3 rippers, the Netflix and chill, the Redbox and lets not forget, the super sizers at McDs

Need I say more?

Installing steam is easy as fuck. For them it's one of the easiest things. It's click click click type in your info, click again done

>>55517036
>they want to use PS
They WANT to but don't once they see a million buttons and tools and find it too complicated. My normie step brother wanted to make trap in FL, asked me to help him out, said sure, once he saw how complicated it was, (which it's not) he back out almost asap.

>we are not experts in all of them
Of course not, but at least try to learn what you buy a little or be open to it. I'm not saying you need to be a genius but at least know that eating a burger from McDs is bad for you vs eating a club from a local deli. Get my point?

Since when is /g/ so defensive on normies?
>>
>>55517086
Tech is only a minor aspect of life. "Normies" are better than you at something which you don't value because you're not savvy at that something. Similarly they don't value tech-savvyness and that's fine. I know you're not open to everything in life because you're the kind of person to be posting on an anonymous board.
>>
>>55517086
>LOL NO THEY FUCKING DONT!
breathe in, count to four, breathe out count to four.

Just because your friends don't' know how to pirate everything doesn't mean everyone else's friends don't know how to.

Most of the time I can't be bothered if something takes more than 7 steps to install.

telling them to make an account with something they're not going to use is not something anyone would consider an efficient thing to do.
>>
>>55517145
I try to stay open to as many new new ideas and things in life cause you never know what you will like

>>55517176
>more than 7 steps

There very small and very minor, it's not like solving a puzzle, it's just a few clicks. Considering the shit I see /g/ do, making a steam acc is one of the easiest things around
>>
>>55517221
You're missing the point.

Very small and minor steps are effort if it's something you don't want to do.
>>
>>55517248
Pirating games is a lot more tedius and showing them how to do it a lot of times is a lot harder too.

Sure, I taught my dad how to pirate but still.
>>
>>55517306
>open kat.cr
>type in "insert game you wan't" gog
>Click the down arrow
>open containing folder
>install
>launch game

as opposed to
>google steam
>download steam
>install steam
>create an email
>let steam update
>find the game you want to install
>Optional pay money
>download it
>let it install
>finally play

I'm done with this shit. triggered.
>>
>>55514913
>doesn't just buy a chrome book instead for taking notes.
why not buy a notebook instead, you fucking moron
>that guy that takes notes on his fucking laptop
fucking faggots
>>
Are you seriously using quotes on a greentext?

Kill yourself
>>
>chromebook

google cucks are the worst by far
>>
>>55514913
Your idea of "taking advantage of" a computer is playing steam games?
>>
>>55516989
Disrespecting all the folks who are making it?
>>
>>55517422
everyone has an email so you would just check your email. Plus as for a GOG torrented game, most normies would have no idea how to do that.

>>55517440
Most of my college friends do

>>55517459
I've never personally used a Chromebook so no idea

>>55517481
How is that a hard thing?

>>55517494
Most people find using things like a normal computer complicated cause they install like 5 anti virus', microshaft word, than all the shitty facebook games they can get and wonder why their computer is slow when the purple monkey is on their screen.

The normies I mean think things like torrents are unsafe, steam is complicated and anything other than google is really complicated and scary... Do you really think they know what they are doing?

Sure, if they want to learn FL studio, ableton, PS, or coding, or anything else, that's cool but they wont. Only the "Tech friendly" people are the ones that will get into these things. They are scared of what they don't understand and are scared of learning new things in general.

>>55517953
Most people who torrent games, and never buy are the people who are killing the game market in general.
>>
>>55517481
>implying a normie will want to use the terminal
>"dude I want games not a virus wtf are you doing"
>>
>>55518840
>thinking normies know how to open terminal much less know what it is

>>55518866
>"OMG! ANON! STOP! YER GUNA GIT MY CHRUM BUK A VAIRAS!"
>>
>>55516898
>talking about how he doesnt have time to waste
>in a mongolian barbeque joint
>>
>>55514913

>be /g/ fag
>buy every thinkpad that exist
>mechanical keyboards
>battlestations

>kek look at these normies wasting money

hmm....
>>
>>55518936
REKT SO FUCKING HARD
>>
>>55518936
lol I've never bought a thinkpad anon so that doesn't work for me!

Now I do have netbook but I'm trying to sell it, is 50 too much to ask?
>>
>>55516932
>>55517086
>>55517221
>I try to stay open minded
>but reee fuck normies who don't treat technology with technology same level of expertise

>>55518826
>everyone has
>most of my college friends
>most people find using things like a normal computer complicated
>most people who torrent games
Nice worthless anecdotes
>>
>>55519405
>fuck normies
No you idiot, you didn't get it then.
I'm saying, Im open minded to things while normies find all that stuff complicated. That's what I'm saying. They aren't open minded and are the scared ones

>college friends
They take notes on their laptops
>torrenting
I'd say 1/10 people know what torrenting MAYBE 1/5 at best
>people torrenting games
Normies still goto walmart to pick up PC games or XBOX games, do you really think they know how any of that works?
>>
>>55519454

>be edgy
>thinking ur elite

kek
>>
>>55519778
Don't assume this. I never said this. I will say tho that in comparison I try to learn what I can and understand what I can about technology while most normal people do not. They buy a $700 facebook machine and don't even try to do anything more with it than FB/Google/Email maybe a shitty game of solitare. My father STILL plays solitare
>>
>>55519868
So? The $700 facebook machine probably performs better than some Chromebook and can use actual software, say Office suite. Besides, it most likes looks better and have a better build quality, screen, and whatever else.

It probably was mentioned few times already but let me do it again: You sound autistic.
>>
>>55518826
> torrents are unsafe
That's a fact, if you don't know what you're doing, you can very easy mess shit up, get malware and much more. Then there is the whole "not getting letters" aspect. It all takes time to learn and not everybody can afford that.

>steam is complicated
It has a pretty shitty, bloated UI, so yes. Besides, why would you even recommend DRM cancer to people.

>They are scared of what they don't understand and are scared of learning new things in general.
You summed up the average human. Although the latter part isn't that accurate, they aren't as much scared of learning as not seeing the benefit for it. Which might be true for some ... what's the issue with that?
>>
File: 1466478310995.png (345 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1466478310995.png
345 KB, 1280x720
>>55514913
>buying a chromebook
>not a normie
>>
>>55514964
>not salty
>make an entire thread about how other people use their technology to laugh at them
>>
>>55519454
I pick up the odd console game too. And if I like a PC game enough I'll buy it to support the devs. Who are you to tell others what to do with their money or how to use their possessions? If they have the cash to buy a high-end machine for social media why wouldn't they? And even if they don't, it's still none of your concern. Be glad that the industry prospers, it means more jobs and reflects a great standard of living. If you want to cry about normies I suggest you fuck off to either /r9k/ or /b/.
>>
>/v/edditor feels smug because his friends aren't gaming manchildren like he is

wew

this is a tech board you know. take you steamy tales elsewhere
>>
>>55516898
Actually, when you're 60 and retiring and you see me retired at 38, with an extra 22 years of freedom and life, you will understand.
>>
File: 1362960884713.png (28 KB, 499x322) Image search: [Google]
1362960884713.png
28 KB, 499x322
>sister wants me to build her a computer
>"IM A GAMER SO I NEED A FULL TOWER SO EVERYONE KNOWS IM A GAMER"
>could use that money to buy her better a better GPU on her budget, but whatever
>only uses one of the 800 drive bays
>she can't even lift it
>uses a dolly to transport it to her car when she comes home from college
>>
>>55517145
>Tech is only a minor aspect of life.
This is becomming less and less true though, they already are on their phone or tablet hourse on end a day.
>>
>>55514913
Normie is a normalfag word, retard
>>
>>55517086
>Since when is /g/ so defensive on normies?
/v/ has always been around but they usually stick to amd vs nvidia threads
>>
>>55520379

>female gamer

just another meme

99 out of 100 female "gamers" are just there for the attention
>>
>>55520456
This is true. If she's attractive, she's doing it for attention. Only the tomoko like girls actually like vidya.
>>
This thread is fucking terrible.
>>
>>55520466

even the ugly ones, especially the ugly ones

attractive women have attention no matter whatever they do, but the ugly ones have to try harder

still they're in b/c of the male:female ratio in gaymers community
>>
>>55520479
I wasn't going to say it but yeah, this thread sucks.
>>
>>55520379
That is still pretty good considering she's a girl
My sister is way awful
>10 y/o
>doesn't know how to use a traditional desktop computer, or laptop or anything with a desktop and mouse
>only tech she uses its her iPad
>just plays games on it, not even the emulated PSP and GBA games I put on it for her but shitty tap-tap-tap games like candy crush and what not. Most are grinding games, where you have to do same shit like tapping somewhere rapidly to get more points
>can't even transfer files from/to a thing drive using a desktop or non touchscreen computer

I sure will love to see how post 2000 gen grows up, a generation full of people with no idea how their tech works, or any interest in learning about it. When I was 10, I used to install and play games from the demo CDs that my dad received with him tech magazines and went to cartoon network website to download images and stuff
Sure I wasn't a whiz, but I knew my way around a computer
>>
>>55520466
>have this friend from high school
>we are both kinda autistic
6 year pass
>buy overwatch and realize for her Facebook that she plays too
>sent her a pmessage "hey let's play together"
>OK but I also play with a friend
>her friend is pretty chill and they are both good
>start to notice autistic traits on High school friend
>heavy breathing
>mumbling
>get mad if you pronounce an in game term wrong
>later I found out by her friend that she broke several mouse and an LCD screen before due to gamer rage
>2000+ hours played on tf2 on her steam

Also besides of her game profiles she has basically 0 activity online, autistic gamer girls exist but they are very rare and not very cute
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.