[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you actually hold jobs in the tech industry? I.T.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1353451433603.png (199 KB, 413x374) Image search: [Google]
1353451433603.png
199 KB, 413x374
How many of you actually hold jobs in the tech industry?

I.T. does not count.
>>
>>55514402
Does being an intern at a fortune 500 company count? For writing server software. ( Mainly internal use only stuff so little to no risk of hacking, were still interns after all not gonna let us make shit the public has access to yet. )
>>
Nah bro. I'm neet since 2011.
>>
hack software dev
>>
>>55514402
Why does IT not count? IT, and especially now IT Outsourcing is a seriously large sector of the 'tech industry' and can encompass a great deal of challenging things.

But whatever. I'm DevOps for a company that makes a competing product to VMWare ESXi/NSX and also has a storage product. We use open technologies with some private proprietary enhancements.
>>
Bored enterprise web dev here.
>>
>>55514955
IT is super poorly defined, I imagine OP is referring to peeps that do callcenter or setup some goddamn mailserver for customers all day. That shit is rote and boring and if that's your job find some better work. But there's also IT peeps designing network infrastructure for global bank systems and those guys are fucking amazing.

So to answer OP's question: 45 of us. That's how many hold jobs in the tech industry.
>>
>>55514402
job discussion is not technology discussion

>>>/biz/
>>
Senior systems engineer at one of those big mega software companies. I mostly do devops type of stuff, look after a few thousand Linux systems. I work in internal IT though so I guess that doesn't count according to op.
>>
>>55515175
>I want /g/ to be full of 16-year-olds arguing about video cards
careful what you wish for m8
>>
After I reached satori back in 2008, I was employed as a magician by the government for wages equal to that of SSI.
>>
File: sicp.png (305 KB, 640x974) Image search: [Google]
sicp.png
305 KB, 640x974
>>55515574
living the dream
>>
Nope, I'm a mechanical engineer.
>>
>>55514402
Does InfoSec count
>>
I sell tech to end users through comprehensive analysis of their needs.
>>
>>55515601
Does it worth it?
I tried casually watching the lectures but I drop in the middle of the set cause it wasn't helpful outside being part of the meme.

Also, I'd do the homework but where are the answer so I can check my work and see if I have been outsmarted and just missed the whole point or not.
>>
How can you ask a question like that and then follow it up with "I.T. does not count"?

Thats like asking how many people work in a restaurant, foodservice workers don't count.
>>
>>55514402
does mechanical engineer count as a tech job or is it too normie?
>>
>>55514402
what is IT then?
>>
Software Engineer with 6 years of experience, mostly in C#, reporting in

>I.T. does not count.
Why not?
>>
>>55514915
No, only fortune top 10
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.