[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daw General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Daw general 5.jpg (789 KB, 2508x2280) Image search: [Google]
Daw general 5.jpg
789 KB, 2508x2280
What is a DAW?
Digital
Audio
Workstation

>What DAW is yours?

>How long you been on it?

>How long have you been into music?

>What genre do you play with the most?

>What Genre do you think you are best at?

>Have you thought about changing up to something else?

>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?

>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?

Bonus points:

>What is best cheese?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>this is /g/ not /mu/ gtfo

We do not talk about the music as it is but how it's created and what we use and how to help
others get better

1 simple rule I hope you can guys do, please don't be assholes to those who
have a different perspective on another DAW, no matter what it is or how shitty
it is. I know there are some very laughable ones out there but ya know...
So please just be as helpful as you can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links and info:
For the sake of work, you are allowed to use a name. Just don't
make yourself look like a dumb ass and make me regret saying
that.

If you need help, you can use Clyp.it if you wish to stay anon.

If this thread is ded you are welcomed to Nexus, A discord
server specifically made around 4chan. If link is bork,
please message the thread. There is a DAW General chat here:

https://discord.gg/sUN47Cn

[NOTE: THIS LINK SHOULD REMAIN VALID THROUGHOUT THE ARCHIVES.]

If you have a good tutorial from youtube, post it, next Gen,
I'l begin a list and make a playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoom3dk&list=PLGYoE903Nir5I5A8IBNVV0euTUuKcpq7Y
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchjpg1aaY91WubqAYRcNsg
>>>/mu/prod if you're interested more of the production.
>>
What's the fastest, most effective way to migrate all of your projects, VSTs, samples, recordings, etc. from one computer to the next, besides just duplicating the drive?
>>
>>55513730
This is not easy cause I've done it in the past but the issue is that the VSTs are normally in it's own folders and what not, but if you just reinstall them all you should be fine. If your projects have specific settings, again you should be fine, just make sure whatever you're using in those FLPs or MIDIs or whatever Ableton/FL you're using are installed.
>>
>>55513796
I may not migrate everything then, really. Just the samples, VSTs and the DAW.

It may be better to start fresh anyways
>>
>>55513902
I can't wait to build my own PC at some point and reinstall FL. I miss Sylnth. It wont run and constantly crashes on here.
>>
>What DAW is yours?
Ableton Live
>How long you been on it?
8 years
>How long have you been into music?
13 years
>What genre do you play with the most?
90s House, Boom Bap
>What Genre do you think you are best at?
all my stuff sucks at the same level desu
>Have you thought about changing up to something else?
I like to experiment with old school style dubstep (pre Skrillex, pre Rusko, basically just sub and groovy ass drums)
>What's your favorite synth, no matter how dumb it is?
I use Zebra for everything
>Do you see yourself doing this way later on even if you get no where?
Haven't been inspired much the past year but I try to keep at it. Journey is the goal though. If you're in it because you think you'll be a successful artist someday you're gonna lose motivation.
>What is best cheese?
Parmigiano Reggiano
>>
>>55514133
>not able to do much
I know this feel, I've been messing around with Electro and I just don't feel the others. I really wanna make more Terror House but when you're out of ideas you get the point.
>>
Is Ardour a meme?
>>
>>55514517
I don't know enough about it to comment 2bh. So I can't comment. But I don't know any one who uses it or takes it seriously so I guess maybe?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.