[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could (You) live without all that "convenient" technology?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: hoersman.jpg (211 KB, 753x618) Image search: [Google]
hoersman.jpg
211 KB, 753x618
When will you embrace the quiet farm life?

Would you still take some tech with you?
If yes, what?
>>
>>55512215
Does that also mean you can't use a computer to map weather patterns so you don't use Navajo wind talkers to spare your crops from Allah?

Because you're being pretty vague, fucko
>>
i'd give it all up for a ranch and harem of mares
>>
>>55512215
I would take my VR headset and my motion-tracked sexbot with me
>>
>>55512215
>When will you embrace the quiet farm life?
never, principally because I hate animals
>>
>>55512215
You're pretty fucking sheltered and naive if you think farmers don't use modern technology to grow crops.
>>
>>55512291
not those who left it all behind and produce only for their own mouth and animals without intent to sell stuff.
>>
>>55512352
I guess you won't be making any use of modern pesticide then.

Enjoy your plague.
>>
>farm life
>no tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ybxhvlyw-X0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b4dBFMLDiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hojnPpvI6-I
>>
>>55512389
Worked pretty well back then, too.
>>
>>55512395
yeah because every tiny farmer has the finances to buy top tech
>>
>>55512215
All I need is a bunch of rigs, a laptop, a bunch of compilers, and some books.
>>
>>55512215
A part of me actually wants to do this. I kind of wish I was pursuing majors that would benefit the environment, instead of the opposite (Math and Computer Science).

That's what I get for taking my parents advice of going into STEM and integrating with society...
>>
>>55513034
>falling for the STEM meme
>>
>>55512252
lewd
>>
File: 784796790.jpg (11 KB, 197x230) Image search: [Google]
784796790.jpg
11 KB, 197x230
>>55512215

Is he wearing an Arch Linux shirt?
>>
When the startup I work for pays out (HAHAHA) I'm going to get a nice house in a moderately remote area of new zealand. It will have at least 1km seperation from the neighbours on each side.

I'll have a little hydroponic garden that is mostly automated, including computer vision to determine when particular crops are ripe and ready for harvest. I'll have small solar farm, with enough battery capacity to run the hydro garden and my house off the grid. and I'll have 100mbit fibre to my little property.

then I will proceed to never ever leave my house again. Toys shall be bought from the internet delivered by post, as will meat and other perishables that I can't supply myself.

it's gonna be gr8.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.