[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I despise virtual keyboards, I want a qwerty one. I looked up so many phones, but there is always something wrong (usually the fact that amazon.com doesn't deliver to UK, and amazon.co.uk is shit with phones).
I wondered if blackberry is still a good option. I like their speed and the fact that they have keyboards. Problem is - would they run whatsapp, fb messenger and slack? (Slack not essential)
Also I heard they have a different kind of network, so would it be a hassle, or not? (Got a lebara sim card, which provides internet to my xperia phone right now if that helps)
So, blackberry users and phone experts, HELP!
>>
Also, I would use it just for communication, I have no interest in funny apps and games.
>>
Blackberry has a native facebook and whatsapp app, whatsapp will drop the support at the end of this year but luckily you can sideload the android version which works perfectly fine (BB OS10 can run android apps). There is a native slack app, I haven't used it though. Reviews seem to indicate that it is fine.

>>55509202
>I have no interest in funny apps and games

In that case a blackberry is pretty much perfect. I'm using a Q5, which is the lowend BB OS10 device, I think, and it runs perfectly fine, no laggy interface, everything is perfectly responsible.
>>
If you're looking for a smartphone with a physical keyboard, then the Blackberry Priv is pretty much the only phone that I know of that has one. Definitely not the best Android smartphone out there, but it's got your niche. Haven't heard of any network quirks, your sim should work just fine.
>>
Get a proper phone and just slap one of these sorta things on it?

http://www.casesinthebox.com/ultra-thin-sliding-wireless-bluetooth-3-0-keyboard-case-for-iphone-6-6s-4-7inch-white_p27062.html

That or just get used to it, swipe typing is fine and in many cases better than a teeny tiny keyboard.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.