[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Assembly is back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 7688678_orig.gif (20 KB, 470x312) Image search: [Google]
7688678_orig.gif
20 KB, 470x312
Assembly language re-entered the top 10 langage ranks.

Who knew that they counted you neets in the figure?
>>
How comfy is ASM?
>>
>>55509180
It's only comfy if you are programming for some embedded system. That way you can fuck with the inputs and outputs directly

CISC x86 programming is not comfy since you will have a constant urge to just use C
>>
>>55509152
Daily reminded RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 were made fully in ASM by a single man.

Also yeah, the only use for it is on embeded systems or microcontrollers, it's pretty much godmode.
>>
>>55509495

na depends on what you are doing. if it is just some atmega8 for bitbanging and interrupt handling it is pretty much straight forward.

unless you want some sort of hdi besides of leds. then it pretty much becomes hell
>>
>>55509255
Lol this.
>tried FASM one day
>not much to learn, special registers, flags, stack, segments, program sections
>import msvcrt
>why did I waste my time on all that crap
>>
Probably because any system that was built using solely ASM is reaching end-of-life and it needs to be replaced.
The company I work for is in the process of phasing out COBOL, because the systems are EOL and it's too difficult to find people who know COBOL well enough to maintain these systems.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.