[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Buy new computer >windows 7 >works fine and everything,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: windows7-7232.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
windows7-7232.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1200
>Buy new computer
>windows 7
>works fine and everything, satisfied
>turn off for first time
>"installing updates 1 of 239"
>leave it on over night, come to check periodically, last check before sleep it was at 122
>turn on next morning
>"configuring windows"
>time passes
>"failed configuring windows updates, reverting changes"
>shit
>check update history in control panel, massive list of updates with most of them failed and a handful successful
>view installed updates, 16 total
>old computer has similar list in update history most successful, and 371 in installed updates
Am i just fucked or is there a way to tell the computer to re download those.
>>
>>55507869
install gentoo
>>
>>55507881

>look ma i said it again
>>
>>55507869

I know this feel OP.

Try installing windows updates prior to installing security updates, it might be placebo, but it worked for me
>>
>>55507869
https://decentsecurity.com/enterprise/#/windows-7-fast-update/
>>
>>55507869
Get a update package from some techsite.
It will install most windows 7 updates.
>>
Install Windows 10 XD
>>
>>55507869
Just use Windows 10 and stop dealing with this bullshit. Windows 7 might be nicer, but it's just going to become more and more deprecated (just like XP), so I say it's better to switch sooner than later.
>>
I might just try restoring to a previous time but that could fuck other downloads up.
>>
>>55507869
>he doesn't have a windows 7 iso with slipstreamed updates
anyways there is a known issue with windows 7 update that fails updates.
and to make things worse the update that fixes it will not install because the update system doesn't work
classic catch 22. find the kb update msi file from the Microsoft site open it with 7-zip and extract the cab files, go into a admin cmd and install.
>>
>>55507980
lmao fucktard
>>
they keep trying OP. I set up a laptop other week for someone and the updates wouldn't install for a day then it randomly worked. hell windows 10 took me over 2 weeks for one update tpo install successfully
>>
>>55507869
Office I work in had this when we got a bunch of new wi does 7 machines.

BasicallyWi does is too fucking stupid to know what order to install updates in. It will eventually do it, but it'll take a couple of weeks of restarts,

Microsoft truly are faggots. Buy a Mac.
>>
>>55507972
actually this without the 'XD'.
Windows 10 is nice OS
>>
It seems to be running fine, what danger do i put myself in by just ignoring it?
>>
>>55508063
>posted from Windows XP
>>
Install only like 50 updates at a time
>>
>>55507980
Every time go to come here to see the Windows 10 meme twist and twist... feeling...restlessness, chest...
>>
>>55507881
ePiC xD !!!!111111 roflmFuckignasso
>>
>>55507869
install gentoo
>>
They released a cumulative update pack for everything from it's release to April. They called it service pack 2 but it comes as an executable, not a disk image afaik.
>>
>>55507869

>2016
>new computer has Windows 7
>"new"
>>
>>55508315
well to be fair it had the option of coming with many different os's. I specifically chose windows 7.
>>55508262
The updates wont come at all. They're there as failed in update history and not there in installed updates but thats it, the computer is making no attempt to install new updates they're just stuck.
>>
>>55508331

>2016
>giving consumers choice

When will companies learn?
>>
Opened this in Clover and could only see the first few lines in the preview.

Could have sworn this would be one of the scary campfire stories about automatic Windows 10 upgrades.
>>
>>55507869

Google: My Digital Life

There's a forum with all the updates available in one download.
>>
>>55507932
>>55507869
Can you seriously just not use windows?

Why do you seriously need windows man...? Linux has a lot of great free software and the last few popular distros I have used, everything works and updates out of box.
>>
>>55507869
Windows Update is so pathetic holy shit
>>
>>55507869
Windows Update has a memory leak
You need 4GB to install all updates at once
>>
File: 1468003661646.jpg (240 KB, 1070x733) Image search: [Google]
1468003661646.jpg
240 KB, 1070x733
>>55507980
>>55507972
>>55508156
Here's my story
>install Windows 10 for the free serial before July ends
>monitor stuck on 640x480
>install latest AMD drivers
>only resolution options available are 640x480 and 1280x768 (???)
>whatever, I'll get back to it
>install wi-fi driver
>it connects to my router but will not connect to the Internet
>its a known issue but if you type some shit into a CMD window to force IPv6 it'll fix it
>lol j/k that doesn't do shit enjoy your no wi-fi
The best feature in Windows 10 is the big "Go Back to Windows 7" button. The guy who implemented THAT was a genius. Windows 10 took three hours to install itself but 7 was resurrected in under 10 minutes.
>>
>>55508894
Hey,
>>55509428 here
There is no Linux alternative for Dragon Naturally Speaking. It does boot in WINE but that adds a lovely "this program will instantly close for no fucking reason with no error message every 15 minutes" feature
>>
File: monkey_tap_self_icon.png (87 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
monkey_tap_self_icon.png
87 KB, 331x331
>>55507869
>Buy new computer
>windows 7
>works fine and everything, satisfied
>disable auto updates.
>never update
>Enjoy for years.
>>
http://forum.oszone.net/thread-257198.html

Learn it.
Live it.
Use it.
Love it.
>>
Since Windows 10 was introduced, Windows Update in W7 has been terrible: high memory/CPU usage, the system is stuck forever searching for updates, updates that aren't installed correctly, forcing the "reverting changes" screen... Someone would say they fucked up WU so people would upgrade to W10, especially people that really need all the latest security updates installed like business, but MS would never do that!
>>
>>55509622
I don't speak vodka.
>>
It does seem like a fairly massive oversight that windows is making no attempt at all to fix itself
>>
>>55509428
its just amd, my story:
>my friend bought an SSD, 1TB HDD and windows 8.1 pro
>put SSD in , insert the USB Windows 8.1 Install Dick
>format everything since my friend is not retarded and backed up all data on laptop
>install 8.1 on SSD , HDD is unformatted , old HDD is cleaned.
>install goes ok , reboot, see in 640x480
>instal drivers (HD 7700 series , i don't remember but 7770 possibly)
>it tells me to reboot
>reboot , resolution is fine, but after ~1min it hangs
>wtf
>try to remove the drivers in safe mode, no luck - it hangs after 1min there too.
>reinstall windows try older drivers
>same shit
>turns out i had to remove the windows default driver first in safe mode and then install AMD ones.
I hoped i would not touch that PC ever again, but since the case was fucked up (the PSU was in the place of CD drives and sucked up the heat from CPU/GPU so it was a great design) i had to assemble it again, had problems with cables too.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.