[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/'s consensus on the $4 smartphone?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
What is /g/'s consensus on the $4 smartphone?
>>
how long until they hand out these spying devices for free? how long until it becomes mandatory to carry them around like your id card?
>>
>>55507841
hopefully sooner rather than later, I've never been able to afford one
>>
Looks surprisingly fine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGe9Hr_9YEU
>>
>>55507890
The iOS clone skin, and iPhone clone build, are disappointing. No need to make it a knock-off.
>>
I can afford it despite spending $700 on a GPU for a PC I only use to program, shitpost, and play RuneScape Classic.

Which is nice.
>>
>>55507806
poo
>>
>>55507806
It's a fake, obv
>>
>>55507841
Someone phone Maduro in he's paying too much to track PSUV queers.
>>
>>55507841
Reminds me if the movie kingsman...
>>
>>55507806
I rather just use a dumbphone
>>
>>55507806
This phone is literally made for shitposting
>>
>>55507890
>will come with some pre-installed apps
>such as women's safety

kek
>>
>>55507912
Pajeet reporting in.

I haven't looked into the Freedom 251 myself, but I'd say it's a smart move. Having an iPhone here is a status symbol, a device that shows that you're rich, at least in one of the major cities.

At the price point of $4, the demographic they're targeting is the tech illiterate = people who wish they were rich enough to own an iPhone.

>>55507986
typical pajeet move so that more poojas will buy the phone
>>
>>55507806
POO
>>
>>55507806
Not actually $4. They are sold at a loss as a marketing stunt. They cost over $50 to produce.

It should be interesting to /biz/, not to /g/.
>>
>>55507806
Curry Phone v1.0? They were asking for compensation from Indian government for the loss, weren't they?
>>
>>55508382
I assume they're selling at a big loss.

The cheapest feature phones on GearBest are ~$10 (actually look quite nice - http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_203606.html - might order even though I have no use for it, like a lot of chinkshit I buy...)

$15 gets you a colour screen and camera feature phone. Something comparable to this 251 would be $40 at least.
>>
>>55508502
They reduce the loss somewhat with the preloaded programs, but it's still a big loss.

It's fairly cheap as marketing stunts go, though. They're selling 500,000 units at under $50 loss per unit. $25 million ain't bad for the vast amount of exposure they've gotten.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.