[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to install and update Windows, install drivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: sysprep-windows[1].jpg (35 KB, 369x281) Image search: [Google]
sysprep-windows[1].jpg
35 KB, 369x281
Is it possible to install and update Windows, install drivers for everything including printer, install a bunch of most-often-used software such as VLC, Firefox, Notepad++, etc. Create an image of that with Sysprep and burn it to USB and then use that to reinstall Windows from scratch with all latest updates and software already there? Or Sysprep can't do that?
Any large sized software will be kept separately on an external USB to install manually later. It's just the pain in the ass to go through updating Windows and installing driver with usual software one would use.
>>
>>55507368
>VLC
Seriously?
>>
Search "slipstreaming". If you have a server, search "MDT". if you just want to image something you already built, search "macrium reflect", or "acronis". So easy to use Google, what's wrong with you?
>>
>>55507978
lol u use mpv huh us cli nerds xD XD LOL
Fuck off that doesn't answer my question you fat stupid fucking neck beard, just fucking commit suicide already.
>>
File: exit.jpg (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
exit.jpg
52 KB, 1920x1080
>>55508027
>>
File: SMPlayer-3.jpg (18 KB, 360x160) Image search: [Google]
SMPlayer-3.jpg
18 KB, 360x160
>>55508027
You don't need command line.
Though most people prefer it.
>>
OP here.
>>55507978
I knew it would trigger someone, but I just like VLC because that's the first one I tried.

>>55507981
I searched. I'm not good at coming up with keywords. I don't have a server. Just want a USB flash drive with unattended Windows installation that includes most basic stuff I would use.

>>55508027
Calm down, buddy.

I know I can create an image with Macoronni or Acronis or Clonezilla or whatever. What I'm looking for is to make an image onto the USB so if let's say I get my PC infected with malware(don't use any anti-malware software) - I just take out the USB plug it in, it will install Windows and maybe ask me pick a username and computer name and click Finish and all updates including Service Pack 1, VLC(of course), drivers, printer driver, Skype, Firefox, and all that will be already installed. So that I know that my PC is clean again.
Restoring, reverting, refreshing, whatever most likely won't get rid of infected malware/corruptions, in which case you need to do it from scratch, all of it. That's where the USB would come in.
>>
>>55507368
Clonezilla worked for me. I use to put aside 12GB hidden partition for recovery with image of windows installation along with clonezilla ISO and USB bootable software
>>
>>55507368
>using Windows
You seem to have a much larger problem there, OP.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.