[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello /g/, i have recently come across usernames and a few passwords
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: v.png (267 KB, 306x490) Image search: [Google]
v.png
267 KB, 306x490
hello /g/,
i have recently come across usernames and a few passwords of other people from my lecture for their university accounts and i noticed theirs and mine follow the same structure (six characters, last two being numbers).
I have a little free time on my hands lately so i wrote something in [spoiler]java[/spoiler] to generate all possible combinations of that structure (which takes about ten minutes)(don't bully) and i'm wondering if i could sort connect to the universities' wifi and make (worst case) 4569760 log-in attempts via scripting and whether anybody would notice

my problem right now is i've got no clue how to get the random combinations into a log-in field or how to do the same via console, could anybody please give me advice?

you probably noticed by now but i'm really new to this
>>
punp :D
>>
>>55505969
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt

your welcome
>>
>>55507252
thank you
i'm reading into that
>>
>>55505969
Most likely your university WiFi will block you after 3/5/10/however many logins, or rate limit you, or both. Not to mention, your device shows up in the logs 4somethingthousand times doing something suspicious. This isn't the ideal course of action for discovering logins. If you want to try, you can probably learn to spoof your MAC address or just use a library computer with no connection to you.
>>
>>55505969
>>55507487
The better way to do this, is to either find the pattern that the passwords are made up from (there likely isn't a complete one, but there might be a pattern to the letters or numbers and that exponentially cuts down your number of guesses), or you could find the accounts database (hard, and much more illegal, but definitely the most valuable if you want to go down the road of crime).
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.