[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows XP does not recognise HDD in EXFAT?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Toshia HDD.jpg (5 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Toshia HDD.jpg
5 KB, 400x300
So I've got a Toshiba Canvio Basics 500gb HDD.

I need it to work with PS4 and with file sizes of more than 4GB, therefore EXFAT is my only option. The problem is my XP computer does not recognise the drive in EXFAT.

Originally I couldn't even format it as EXFAT, but by using a PC on Windows 7 I was able to do this, but having plugged it back into the XP PC it now doesn't recognise the drive.

Any ideas highly appreciated!

>>
File: 1349085737151.jpg (1 MB, 3165x3427) Image search: [Google]
1349085737151.jpg
1 MB, 3165x3427
>>
>xp

for what purpose
>>
Use MBR instead of GUID
>>
>>55505559
Upgrading soon for the sake of issues like this but XP is the best.
>>
>>55505568
Master boot record? How?
>>
>>55505568
Don't be fucking stupid

XP is obsolete and doesn't support anything newer than NTFS, which means FUCK YOU no EXFAT for you!
>>
>>55505575
>XP is the best

Shit at launch, shit 15 years later.
>>
>>55505720
Pretty sure it lasted so long because most people found it easy to use and reliable though..
>>
>>55505777
No, it lasted so long because MS fucked up Vista's development and launch.

It was the most insecure buggy piece of shit MS ever released out.
>>
>>55505801
Apart from Vista right? and Windows 98 was better right?
>>
>>55505801

>No, it lasted so long because MS fucked up Vista's development and launch.

You mean Longhorn, which was damned near completion around 2006-2007 and they scrapped the entire project then started over and produced what became Vista.
>>
>>55505819
2000 was a solid.

>>55506325
No, they scrapped Longhorn somewhere around 2004-2005 and then forked Server 2003 to create Vista.
>>
You need an update that enable exFAT support for XP.

Google for it.
>>
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/955704
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.