[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this okay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 310x401) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12 KB, 310x401
My laptop is getting kinda hot and I checked my CPU temperature, I'm kinda worried about the Thermal Status
>>
>>55503308
No, it isn't. You really shouldn't go over 90. Try blowing the shit of the fans or/and replace the thermal paste on the CPU.
>>
File: gasp.jpg (39 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
gasp.jpg
39 KB, 386x386
What the fuck
No
>>
>>55503367
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>55503392
if it makes you feel anybetter you shouldn't throttle until TJ Max is at about 5.

Depends on the laptop on how bad this actually is. But you should fix it anyway.
>>
>>55503308

If your CPU is reading 115C but not getting shut down, you likely have a fucked sensor. It should be kicking off at 105
>>
>>55503308
If your TJ Max stays comfortably above 0, then its fine.
>>
>>55503392
Stop listening to retards. TJ Max is the real "temp" for AMD cpus.
>>
>>55503586
>the cpu is running at 154°c
>>
>>55503308
>kind of hot
>minimum 102 celcius
>load 99.3
Yeah the cpu might not be the problem there.
>>
>>55503308
>load 99.3%

upload screenshot of the entire screen anon.
>>
>>55503439
Not a fucked up sensor but rather incorrect reading from the software.

TJ Max is the right way to read these CPU. If this is at 100% load and is about 40 from TJ Max, then its in a pretty good spot. The lower the TJ max number, the hotter it gets.
>>
>>55503308
>>55503439
Distance to TJMax is 39, which probably means RealTemp isn't configured properly rather than the CPU actually running too hot. Intel CPUs don't report the temperature, they report the distance to their max. RealTemp has a TJMax setting and it gets your "temperature" by subtracting the measured distance from the configured value.

Now if the configured value is wrong, the displayed temperature is also wrong. According to Intel's specs (check it on ark if you don't believe me) the 2020M has a TJMax of 90C, so assuming the "distance to TJMax" reading is correct, it's actually running at 90-39 = 51C, which is perfectly fine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.