[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So as long as it is turned off and unplugged, the computer will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1465309908081.jpg (70 KB, 960x542) Image search: [Google]
1465309908081.jpg
70 KB, 960x542
So as long as it is turned off and unplugged, the computer will work fine as soon as it dries off right?
>>
>>55501229
Yeah

Just make sure nothing it corroded, and if so you need to clean and replace the appropriate parts, you can put the board into an alcohol bath, or place it into a low temperature oven at like 200F until dry
>>
>>55501284
is*
>>
>>55501229
it's not the water but the stuff in the water, and the effects of oxidation on the areas where the water permeates and doesn't readily evaporate.

the minerals and salts found in tap water will wreak havoc on your shit.

but, you could be fine if your shit got wet and it was dried quickly.

back in the day, when i worked at a rent to own store, i'd get a lot of free computers. they were always full of roaches and fuzz and shit, so i would spray the fuck out of the insides of the cases with contact cleaner. inside the psu, drench the mobo. the only thing i'd remove was the harddrive. worked really well, but I'm not sure if it's a recommended means of cleaning your computer. definitely will need remove and reapply your thermal grease after using a solvent like that.
>>
>>55501284
/k/ here
Fuck that pussy shit. Diesel dunking is the way to go. What, your mamby-pamby peecee shitbox not strong enough to stand up to the Kalashnikov standard?
>>
sick bastard
>>
>>55501305
/k/ek
>>
>>55501305
Gun culture has a lot dumb cleaning myths. Such as the world famous fudd lore of using ammonia, most commonly a windex solution, to "neutralize" the salts in corrosive ammo.

Also snake oil shit like fireclean, and even froglube
>>
>>55501305
PC components aren't meant for physical contact and handling, guns are.

:^)
>>
>>55501229
if its purified water it will run fine
>>
>>55501803
>using the smiley with a carat nose
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.