[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: stealth_hero_a_1_1.png (50 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
stealth_hero_a_1_1.png
50 KB, 600x405
Hello /g/ care for a challenge?

I'm looking for some help recovering an Corsair 3.0 128gb usb drive. That seems retarded right? But i have done almost everything that i could find on the internet and nothing worked.

What happened: I had installed an operating system on this usb and i was configuring some shit, i was on the system, and i issued the command "find X" as a root user, i was searching for some stuff that i needed to install another program, then all out of nothing it just shutdown by itself, when i tried reboot it i just wont go in, well fuck, thats ok right? just format it and install again. But some data was fucked up, just a few kbytes, but i just can't use it correctly anymore, it has a very inconsistent behavior, some times the computer doesnt mount the drive cause it doesnt recognize the format, and actually trying to format it is a pain in the ass, some times it doesn't even show it's connect in (like, you can usb in the computer but don't have access cause the driver isn't mounted but you still can do some shit, and sometimes not even that works). I have tried erasing, overwriting and removing this fucking shit in every way possible across different systems.

The OS installed on the USB Drive: Tails
My OS: OSX El Capitan 10.11.4
Have tried formatting on a generic Linux
The exact name of the usb: Corsair Flash Survivor® Stealth USB 3.0 128GB

If nobody here can work it out ill lose all my hopes.
>>
>>55499126
Buy cheao flash drive
Install linux
Mount usb sonewhere
Format in command line
Remount image to flash drive on different os bc fuck doing that in Linux
>>
>>55499126

Are you retarded? Just delete the whole partition and make a new one, then format it.
>>
>>55500998
I tried doing that, but even tough it says that the he deleted and created a new one ok, it actually doesnt work correctly, the fucked up data is still there. It even gets in the way of remaking the partition sometimes
>>
>>55500998
Like, i think i wasn't clear about that. Even without any partition at all, the usb is still fucked up and the computer has troubles identifying that it has been connected.
>>
>>55500998
And, i also have tried remaking the partition map of the usb, it changes without problems but it still doesn't solve the problem.
>>
I actually had a similar problem last night (put windows on my flash drive for a friend and it got fucked up in a similar way while installing). windows would recognize the drive was there but couldn't access it nor format it

was able to format it with diskpart tho so then it worked, sorry anon.
>>
>>55500363
I'm not sure what's the objective of what you proposed .Is it to try to rewrite it? I have to be honest i don't quite understood what you have said.
>>
>>55501904
Actually i haven't tried on Windows yet, so i will check that out, thanks
>>
try dban
>>
>>55499126
I've had this happen before, its pretty fucking annoying. I ended up using some software on windows to find the "missing" partition and fix it.
>>
>>55501925
ya if diskpark sees it then you're golden, just google the commands to reformat if that way if you don't know how

i love diskpart
>>
File: 1467664478340.jpg (52 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1467664478340.jpg
52 KB, 453x604
>>55501966
>>55502131
>using an os which does not allow you to have multiple partitions on flash drives
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.