[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to immerse myself in an ecosystem. Which one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I'm going to immerse myself in an ecosystem.

Which one should I choose. Bear in mind, freedom means nothing to me. The catch is I can only use the chosen companies products.
>>
Linux ecosystem.
>>
Google for sure.
>>
>>55497612
Rajesh pls post your blog somewhere else
>>
File: 4.jpg (123 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
123 KB, 600x399
Bumping, so a waste of space, super-cuck OP can get more suggestions. I hope that OP represents only a very small minority of /g/tards.
>>
>>55497612
Apple, honestly - the whole Continuity thing seems like it'd be awfully nice if iPhones weren't shit. So you're fine if you care more about a good ecosystem than having the best phone.
>>
>>55497621
>Linux ecosystem.
It's very lonely in there. Not very social, either.
>>
>>55497612
google have the more interesting projects going on. go with google.

(and this is coming from a macbook air owner and windows PC gamer, also own an iPhone)
>>
>Google: takes every single bit of data it can from you but basically keeps it safe unless you're just doing something blatantly bad, gives you tons and tons of shit free in return
>Apple: Takes a little from you, expects your undying loyalty and a steady flow of money for their shitty little devices
>Microsoft: takes every bit of data from you, even things you think are safe and out of its reach, will profile the living fuck out of you, screw you over, demand your undying loyalty, and STILL want all your money

Yeah, if you're going to go with one of the Trinity of Evil, go Google.
>>
>>55498680
You're dumb
>>
Microsoft is not even an option

That leaves Google and Apple. I would not want to complete immerse myself in Google's botnet. In 5-10 years I could see that backfiring hard. Apple is much less botnet and their products are more polished, and you still have access to every Google botnet service if you wish. Go with Apple.
>>
>>55497612
Then you should most definitly go for apple.
Their user experience is top notch, it takes away some freedom but is definitly really good to use.
>>
It sounds like Apple is the way to go. Now all I need to do is save all my money to buy into it.
>>
>>55497621
Terrible lack of girls there, f-a-m.
>>
I'm split between apple and google. Apple is leagues ahead of everyone elses ecosystem, SO LONG AS you like how they do things. Thing is, I mostly use google services. Nice thing is that Google apps are better on iOS and you can still enjoy apples ecosystem while being immersed in googles (can't do that vice versa). However, using Googles services on an iPhone doesnt feel as "native" as an android device. iPhone is also missing fast charging, OLED, and battery life improvements which are key to me. I think material design is a bit cleaner than apples design language right now.

All that rambling to say Apple has a way better ecosystem as long as you like how they run things. The mac-iphone-watch integration is unparalleled. However I think right now in the phone space Apple has fallen way behind Android. If the rumors are true the next iPhone after the iPhone 7 should offer some big changes and well needed upgrades at which point I wouldn't hesitate to get back into the full Apple ecosystem.
>>
Do you work, OP?
If so, you need Microsoft.

Do you need a good phone?
If so, you need Google for Android.

Do you like sucking dick and have no job but a lot of money?
You need Apple.
>>
>>55497612
if you're gonna go that way then apple ez

they will still spy on you but not as much as the other 2 and their OS is actually good
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.