[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to keep skin oil from eventually wearing down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: g600-gaming-mouse-images.png (81 KB, 521x342) Image search: [Google]
g600-gaming-mouse-images.png
81 KB, 521x342
Is there any way to keep skin oil from eventually wearing down at mice? I'm not talking super gross worn down, but noticeably enough that it feels smoother than it should be. I only ever really notice it on the left mouse button. I wash my hands fairly often, is it just an eventuality?
>>
>>55497503

I have that mouse, it's fucking great.
>>
>>55497503
I often think about how if we were as hairy as gorillas how different our day to day lives would be due to the sheer amount of hair clogging up air filtration systems etc
>>
cover them with tape
>>
>>55497503
Have you considered always wearing gloves or similar?
>>
>>55497503
dont just wash your hands, wash the mouse too
>>
>>55497503
use vim :^)
>>
>>55497554
think no more fempsaisu, since we have these things called dogs and cats that live in our houses that shed probably more than apes we can assumes air filtration clogging is definately not a problem
>>
consume less meat
>>
>>55497503
I have that mouse too, thought I'd use the side buttons a hell of a lot more than I do, or at all. The third top button for G-Shift is amazing though.

Also, watching girls try to use it is hilarious, they just give up trying to fit it in their hand
>>
File: Mouse-Redragon-Perdition.jpg (146 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Mouse-Redragon-Perdition.jpg
146 KB, 1500x1500
Like the Naga, the Logitech casing is made of rubber. The buttons are made of plastic. It's the rubber that absorbs the oils and wears away.

I have 5 mice. One of them is the Redragon Perdition. The shell is a hard glossy plastic that keeps clean. Much better than my Naga and my Logitech.
>>
>>55497544
till it starts doubleclicking for no reason at all
>>
>>55497503
i'm using a 5 year old g600 and i have no idea what you're talking about, the top button layer still has the same texture everywhere.
>>
>>55501850
the scroll wheel started missing up-ticks a few months ago, and right clicking sometimes doesn't register, but it's 5 years old.
the naga i had previously was shitting itself after just 6 months.
>>
>>55497503
Redpill me on the steelseries rival (300).

I got one for 40 dollars. How badly have I fucked up?

My current mouse is the G500. Yeah, the one with all the problems, smoothing, edge snapping etc.
>>
>>55501850
I've got the same mouse. Very good stuff.

I suspect the double clicking is just a logitech thing when the mouse starts failing. Like the buttons are wearing out. I've had 3-4 logitech mice wear out on me and start double clicking.
>>
>>55501945
mine started like 2 months since i bought it
and its really annoying
>>
>>55501945
It's
>>55501929

Of all the problems I've had with that mouse, I've never had the doubleclick problem.

What causes that? Do people hammer the button out of habit or something? I've had my G500 since 2013, I think. I play shooters every day.
>>
>>55501850
>>55501850
>>55501971
I got the G600 since 2013 and use it daily, left button started doubleclicking a year after, opened it, then opened the switch to clean it with contact cleaner and that fixed it until this year a few months ago it started doing the same and fixed it the same way

wheel right click doesnt register sometimes but thats not a big deal for me

I rather keep fixing this mouse, really good for mmos and multitasking shit

I had a Deathadder and started doubleclicking months after, didnt bother fixing that shit
>>
>>55501850
I opened mine up in december due to this problem and cleaned it out, ever since then it has worked fine
my mouse has turned 3 years old
before this masterpiece I had razer naga which was utter shit since it bugged out which I could not repair
I took my brothers razer naga since he was getting a new mouse and it also bugged out in no time with same fault
>>
>>55501850

>till it starts doubleclicking for no reason at all

I thought it was only mine. It started doing it like a month ago, currently I only press it stronger and it doesn't double click.
>>
>>55502465
>>55502626
>>55502835
i freaking hate that.. literally wish their standar was as high as when they made the mx518 now that shit was bonkers the nokia 3310 of mouse
>>
>>55501850
Side buttons are great. Far easier to differentiate by touch than you'd expect, but the shape at the back sucks and so does the scroll wheel.

The only button I accidentally press is that third one on the side, which was set to nothing before the overall shape annoyed me so much that I simply stopped using it.
>>
>>55497503
I have this exact problem OP with this exact mouse.
>>
>>55497503
cover with protective coating, i don't know tape or nail polish or sea ship varnish.
Or build it with better materials.
>>
>>55501850
double clicking?
had mine since the beginning of 2014.
she still clicks just fine.
>>
>>55497544
Corsair Scimitar is better
>>
>>55501850
Welcome to Logitrash.
It's pretty good until it falls the fuck apart literally 2 hours after your warranty dies.
>>
Wipe down your mouse once a week.

Also, get some purple power from the local auto parts store. That stuff will clean off human skin grease with 1 wipe. Just don't splatter it everywhere, as the stuff is pretty strong.
>>
I wish more manufacturers used PBT for the body. I hate it when coating wears off, might as well have made it glossy in the first place.
>>
>>55501850
This. Have a Logitech G300 and it started double clicking. I have a mouse that came bundled with my 2005 Dell desktop and that has survived.

Why are gaming mice so shit /g/? I have a friend at my uni that uses Razer mice and he tells me he has the same problem after a few months with his Naga.
>>
>>55501806
I can confrim this mouse is pretty gud
>>
Try eating something other than Doritos and Mountain Dew you greasy degenerate.
>>
>>55508188
get something with good switches like huano.
>>
File: 101_0306.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2416) Image search: [Google]
101_0306.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2416
>>55497503
dont be me op.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.