[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: bb.jpg (82 KB, 1000x640) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
82 KB, 1000x640
Apologize
>>
>>55496969
I don't apologize to shit products that put the final nail in the koffing of a previously top 500 corporation.
>>
sliders are fucking terrible

phone will break easily
>>
I'll apologize when i see the 3 new models they said they're making
>>
>>55496969
>tfw you'd buy this phone if it wasn't for how locked down it is
>>
File: 1232353921948.png (9 KB, 557x392) Image search: [Google]
1232353921948.png
9 KB, 557x392
>>55498273
>tfw you'd buy this phone if it slid out the other axis
>>
a huge oversight here is the fucking on screen buttons

there's a bar on the bottom of the keyboard you can place those. you're just using up valuable screen space
>>
>>55496969
Priv owner here.

It's alright. But I prefer physical keyboards so whatever.
>>
>>55498820
Fucking this. Would have been a no brainer decision to go with this over what I have now if it was just the other fucking way!
>>
>>55499524
>phone slide out the screen into your face or out the back away from the battery
WTF?!?
>>
File: hank.jpg (28 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
28 KB, 208x210
>decide I can't live without apps anymore
>drop my Passport for a Priv
>shit battery life (I push my Passport hard all day and it rarely dropped below 50%, the Priv is down below 80% by 10:00 a.m.)
>Hub is shit compared to the native BB10 support
>miss the fuck out of that glorious 1:1 when browsing the web
>nothing on Android even comes close to the beauty and functionality of the BB10 browser
>shit that I could do with a couple swipes in BB10 are buried in multiple menus in Android
>Priv keyboard is absolutely useless

At least I can play Pokemon Go.
>>
>>55499524
What do you have now?
>>
>>55499621

I've used every mobile OS extensively, and it really is amazing how much BB10 blows all of them out of the water in just about every regard.
>>
>>55498273
Are these impossible to root
>>
>>55499665
yet it has no app support
>>
Proud Passport owner here.
John Chen basically announced the Priv in an interview where he literally said that he has to make products for dumb people because they have money.

They roll out the Priv and the public responds. These fucking peasants are so predictable, they'll buy anything that's bad.
Privacy with Android is a meme, that keyboard is really small, and it has a virtual keyboard too. It's a Flappy Bird phone, good job you fucking retards, wastes of space.
>>
>>55499798
probably not impossible, but no way has been found
so for you and i, yes, it is impossible
>>
>>55499631
LG v10
>>
>>55496969
my girlfriend and i got the priv. she got the unbranded one and i got the shit fucking AT&T branded one. don't buy the AT&T branded one and don't buy off amazon. piece of shit android build fucking sucks and the phone's locked down so i'm stuck with a shit build that drains the battery life while my gf has a flawless flagship phone without hiccups and a physical keyboard.

all in all though i want to buy another cheap $350 blu phone when the priv is obsolete in 2 years
>>
>>55500153
no one cares
>>
>>55496969
If it slided left instead of down then sure.
>>
>>55499798
I mean you can root literally any android device no question with a hardmod but that requires soldering shit to the motherboard and powering on the mobo without the case on to get access to the NAND and most people wouldn't be willing to do that.
>>
>>55499620
I think they mean sliding away from the side of the phone
>>
really wanted one cause I loved the blackberry keyboard on the blackberry i had years ago
Then i found out i wouldn't be able to root it, and that it only had 2GB of RAM
That basically killed it for me and i didn't look into it any further
>>
File: lg_att_xenon.jpg (47 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
lg_att_xenon.jpg
47 KB, 500x435
This was the last phone I owned before getting a smartphone, my WPM and accuracy on this thing was amazingly comfy. I just want a smartphone that's Android or iOS (just saying) with good slide out qwerty keys. Why is it so hard for someone to accomplish this?
>>
Bought my priv for the keyboard. Previously owned a V10 and hated the screen. Setup the priv to act as much like webos as possible and haven't touch the launcher since. I still miss true synergy though. All my IMs and texts laid out per contact in 1 app. Consumers suck at supporting great products.
>>
>>55501514
Just look for an older phone like hat, then. Who gives a shit about smart phones?

Internet? Use a fucking computer.
>>
>>55496969
Not until they quit shitting up their phones with Android
>>
>>55498820
>>55499524
portrait keybard > landscape keyboard >>>>>>>>>>> touchscreen keyboard

>>55501514
The Priv's got you covered
>>
>>55497206

it's "coffin" you toothless underage inbred
>>
>>55502065
He got it right, he was just making a Pokémon reference.
>>
>1080p
>One speaker.

WHY
>>
>>55502136
>unnecessarily high res screen and the ability to play audio without any additional peripherals
What exactly is the issue?
>>
>>55502136

It's actually QHD screen.
>>
File: 1467641926164.jpg (632 KB, 733x997) Image search: [Google]
1467641926164.jpg
632 KB, 733x997
>>55496969
>HW keyboard
fucking luddites
>>
>>55502991
>stop liking what I don't like!
Spoken like a true twelve year old
>>
>coworker has one of these
>he's typing on the software keyboard
>ask him why he doesn't use the physical one
>"it's a pain to slide it out and use it for quick texts"

WHY EVEN BUY THE SHIT FUCK WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY
>>
>>55503008
t. luddite
>>
>>55503066
Seriously though, there is no way you're old enough to be posting here.
>>
>>55496969
>>>/sp/
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.