[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Case Fan Cables thread: confusion and mystery cable edition.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
ITT: post pictures and talk about computer and case fan wiring.

I bought 2 Rosewill RFA-120-K Fans. They came with these wire assemblies (pic related) that seem to be missing some wires. The fans run when tested on their own but do not work when I use these extension cables to plug them into the three pin connector on my motherboard.

Is this supposed to be just a straight up PSU Molex to 3-pin fan adapter?
If so then what's the other 3-pin port for?

I or am I supposed to connect both the PSU and the Mobo to the fan though this cable?
Normally you would't do that so I don't see the point in having such a cable.

If the connectors had its black yellow And red wires (instead of just yellow and black for the 3-pin and red and black on the Molex) then I could see this wire being useful in connecting 2 fans to the same 3-pin fan controller on my motherboard.

As the situation stands though I have 2 working case fans to install and these extension cables that came with them don't seem to be useful in getting power to them.

Can you help me?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>55494853

One of the fans in question
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>55494897
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>55494917
I bought two of those to replace two of these.
>>
it turns out those cables are for setting up a fan controller that is separate from the motherboard. So I just set up both fans to be connected directly to the power supply units Molex cables using the Molex adapter built into those cables.

It works. Hopefully if won't be too loud.

Also good news. One of my Old Yate Loon Fans is in better shape then I thought so I'm going to re-oil it and put it back in. So now I've got spare case fans on standby.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.