[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Improving a Toaster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: contemporary-toasters.jpg (61 KB, 640x596) Image search: [Google]
contemporary-toasters.jpg
61 KB, 640x596
Hi /g/, I'm planning to update and improve my toaster for something good, cheap and useful so, I need your advice to avoid scams.

Ok
My current PC specs are:
GA-B85M-DS3H
i3 4150
4gb RAM
1tb HDD
No Graphic card
and a shitty mid tower(400w)
It cost me around: $300usd. 5 years ago

I'm planning to get:
i5 4440
GTX 750ti
12gigs RAM more
New and nice mid tower
Cooler Master Elite V2 550w
This will cost me around another $300usd more

The questions are:
Is it worth?
Am i stupid?
Should i try AMD?

Also, if this does not belong to this board i'll move it.
>>
>>55494335
For fucks sake I thought this was actually about toaster improvement not another fucking build thread.

Fuck you OP.
>>
File: tim-the-toolman-taylor.jpg (18 KB, 226x269) Image search: [Google]
tim-the-toolman-taylor.jpg
18 KB, 226x269
>>55494335
I think it needs... MOAR POWER!!!
>>
Just use your toaster for your pc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI7tWd7B3iI
>>
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]install gentoo[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
>>
You know if you wanna make a real saving, you can buy parts used.

For the price of what they would cost new, you could get a 4590/4690 and a GTX960 or R9 270X/280/280X. Forget 16 gigs of ram, you only need 8, and if you're on a budget that's one place where you can save. If you can find another 4GB unit of what you have, then that will do. Or you can get a 2x4GB kit for next to nothing even brand new. You will get dual channel. The actual speed doesn't matter.

You will want an SSD, and you can find Sandisk Plus 120GB drives for like 40 or less. That's one thing you will want to buy. Case? If you want to. Again this is something where you can save. As for the PSU you can get a new Corsair CX500 for little money and that will do fine for your build.

No point in buying AMD since you already have an intel motherboard. You could get a 8320 but you will need a 990 motherboard if you want to overclock, thus it ends up costing you a lot. If you aren't going to overlock your processor there's literally no reason to buy AMD.
>>
Unless your gayming you don't need 16gb of RAM. Everything else seems fine though. My recommendation is to only get 4 more gigabytes of RAM / new case / new processor.
>>
>>55494335
You don't need 16GB RAM, even if you're gaming.
Get an SSD, preferably 128GB, or 196/256 if you want more.
Don't try AMD, their cpu heats too much and uses too much power, Intel is more efficient.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.