[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, /g/ i fell for it... I decided to take Common Lisp as my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Well, /g/ i fell for it...
I decided to take Common Lisp as my first programming language, and i seriously need someone to give me orientation on how should i start, what i should read first an so.
Any words?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>55493603
Not yet.
>>
>>55493624
fgt

Now I feel bad. I read "Common Lisp: A Gentle Introduction to Symbolic Computation" when I learned it.
>>
>>55493650
Thank, although i was already in it. If you have any tip that could help me to "get it" i would be deeply grateful
>>
>>55494188
Thanks*
>>
>>55492477
http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/ is a little outdated but seems good.
>>
>>55494188
Idk. What specifically are you have a problem with?
>>
>>55494566
General lameness I guess. I'm new at programming but it is an endeavor that i plan to be livelong.
>>
>>55492477
Peter Norvig's _Paradigms of AI Programming_ (aka PAIP). You can tell by the fact that it has its own nickname that it's one of the must-read/meme books in CS. It's easily right up there with SICP.
>>
Lisp is an excellent language to begin with. If you are happy to go with another Lisp to begin with, I can suggest a few books. There really are not that many intro to programming books in Common Lisp. Most assume that you can already program to some extent.

Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (SICP) remains one of the best if you're mathematically minded.
How to Design Programs (HtDP) is a more modern, lighter version of SICP. Great if you just want to make programs.
The Little Schemer is an introduction to scheme in the form of a Socratic duologue, it's very fun.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.