[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Europe have such shitty software developer salaries?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
Why does Europe have such shitty software developer salaries?

Is it worth moving to USA or will I get "suicided" by the police like Ian Murdock?
>>
Salaries have extremely high taxes to improve in general 'peace of mind'

General cost of living is cheaper, much more governmental protection of citizens on the financial safety and consumer practices front, higher quality and lower cost of housing, free healthcare for everyone, retirement pensions funded by the government

Going homeless/in massive debt is a lot easier in the US
>>
>>55491431
So unless you're a parasite on society, you shouldn't stay in Europe?
>>
>>55491229
>Software Developer salary
Completely meaningless term, way too broad
>>
The cost of living is lower. $40k goes a lot further in Kansas than $120k in Silicon Valley
>>
File: 1359264392962.png (75 KB, 520x357) Image search: [Google]
1359264392962.png
75 KB, 520x357
>>55491431
Yes but in exchange for a very significant risk of becoming homeless or having your life ruined by getting run over by a drunk while crossing the street, there's an astronomically small chance that each of us might become richer beyond our wildest dreams

Why do you hate freedom?
>>
>>55491459
As an european I'd say pretty much yes, the so-called less fortunate get tons of undeserved money and end up contributing very little. Changing this would require extremist politics so it's not really happening any time soon.

Also, forgot to mention free college education
>>
The chart doesn't mean anything by itself unless you use it with the big Mac index.
>>
>>55491229
Dafug, Philippines is even worse than India?
>>
>>55491229
Canada would be your best bet, housing tends to be cheaper, less killa nigga, nicer people and freeish Healthcare
>>
>>55491229
>>>/biz/
>>
>>55491459
>a parasite on society
how to spot a failed normie
>>
Europe has not handle on software at all. The biggest software corp in Europe is SAP, the frikken shithole of overpaid consultants. That's the best Europe has to offer. Other big company in my country include 1:1 copycats and sites that megaexploit the blind deaf dumb whose mind left numb - the last thing that Europe contributed was MP3, in the 80ies.

Europe also prevers the suit over the shirt. A suit will pay much more that a shirt. All you have to do is move your jaw up and down in confident intervals.
>>
>>55491229
>Be in SF
>Make $60k a year
>spend $40k on rent
>>
>>55492007
europe, earn 48000, spend 2700 per year on rent
>>
>>55492058
>europe, earn 48000, spend 2700 per year on rent
Is this what Americans think Europe is like?
>>
>>55491229
Source?
>>
>>55492058
Spend 30,000 on taxes
>>
>>55491431
>higher quality and lower cost of housing
A 400 sq ft 2 bedroom studio flat is £2k/mo in the bad part of London, in a fucking residential district half way across the city from where your job is.
>>
File: p1.png (130 KB, 620x423) Image search: [Google]
p1.png
130 KB, 620x423
In Romania software developers actually live like kings.

Keep in mind that a surgeon with 20 years experience gets here 500euro, a teacher like 350-400,and pretty much everyone else except programmers , around 400eur.

The average salary here is 350.
>>
File: 61687013.jpg.png (136 KB, 620x481) Image search: [Google]
61687013.jpg.png
136 KB, 620x481
>>55492291

You can eat in Romania at restaurant with 200eur, every day 3 times/day
>>
USA is always at the top of the list when it has to do with software developer salaries, yet every developer I know from USA has never been to europe, because they don't have time or money. But all my european friends have been to USA multiple times. So what's the point of a high salary if you don't have time to use that money?
>>
>>55492160
More like 27000
>>
>>55491229
$26k after taxes for a senior dev in the czech republic

on the other hand, a pint of beer costs a dollar.
>>
>>55491513
>tfw Philippines
>tfw i'm one of them
>>
>>55492340
that's a very good point anon

having guaranteed paid vacation days is gr8
>>
Australia looks like a better option. No wild west nignog shootouts or SJW "diversity officers" to fire you for being too white and male.
>>
>>55491893
>Canada
>housing tends to be cheaper

What the fuck are you on about? We're in the middle of a rapidly escalating housing bubble that's going to crippling the economy once it pops.

The average price of a house in Canada has risen $200,000 in 10 years. One of the fastest inflations in housing prices in history.
>>
>>55491229
>Tfw no South Africa on the list
Fuck you my country is relevant
>>
Employers actually pay a lot more than the salaries employees see here in the Netherlands. Due to mandatory social insurances and pensions. Employees receive like half of it and then they have to pay for their own social shit and taxes.
>>
>>55491229
Well lets see, insurances, rent, healthcare, transportation, education and so on is way CHEAPER in Europe.

I would not trade away my 7 hour days and 6 weeks of paid holidays for 20k more a year (excluding the additional costs of living in the US)
>>
Well, for one thing, we aren't left to die when we get sick nor do we have to use 70% of our paycheck on that shitty house/apartment you have that's still a good 30 miles at least away from your job.

So yeah, enjoy your higher sallaries.
>>
>>55494169
>he doesn't know you pay taxes for that
fuck off NEET
>>
>>55495071
>he doesnt know how low the taxes in europe actually are

Good thing my taxes are spent on me instead of muslims in the middle east.
>>
File: statistics_2.jpg (232 KB, 800x550) Image search: [Google]
statistics_2.jpg
232 KB, 800x550
>>55495362
Nah they are spent on the Muslims in Europe :^)
>>
>>55495532
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55491960

lol what a ignorant
>>
>>55492007
>be yuropoor
>make $10k a year
>spend $9k on taxes
>>
>>55491229

I am a software engineer in Europe. I earn 35000 eur per year. But it takes me 10 minutes walking from home to work. I can buy cheap bio products from farmers directly. The environment here is clean. No fear of police or retards shooting innocent people. Very fast and cheap internet. I can travel to other european countries very cheap as well. Friends from all over the continent. No SJWs to be seen. Ladies here are feminine and love the wife/mother role. And I can save money and buy all I really need.

I have a lot of free time after work to enjoy my existence.

Quality of life here is better (at least in average) and you amerifats know it. And if you don't know it, try to talk to americans that travel.
>>
>>55495777
Except from those curryniggers ,pakis and african rapefugees , i concur
>>
>>55495777
>americans who travel

Kek

90% of them don't have a passport.
>>
>>55495876

You would be surprised how few rapefugees, most european countries, excluding Germany and Sweeden, have received :o)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_of_the_Syrian_Civil_War
>>
>>55495940
Thanks for info, remove that i said about rapefugees, keep only for curryniggers
>>
>>55492273
This

Housing is cheap in the US too if you want to live in the middle of some forest
>>
>houses made out of drywall instead of concrete
>rent still costs more than your soul

America.
>>
>>55491229
Income disparity.

In the US, the difference between higher end and lower end is easily 10x, e.g. 15k vs 150k.

In Europe, the difference will be more like 3x, maybe 20k vs 60k
>>
>>55491229
Europe didn't trust in God
>>
>>55491229
Stay out of commiefornia and you'll be fine.
>>
>>55491960
Yes, I always had a feeling Europeans looked down on developers as underclass workers. The absurdly low salary was mind boggling to me as an American
>>
>>55497741
The myth that the coder is the highest level of attainment in this life is under threat.
Once the government has trained 6-year olds, both boys and girls, the coder's wage will be finally based on the quality of his work.
IBM used to brag that they could make anyone a coder in 6 weeks.
That was in FORTRAN, COBOL and JCL.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.