[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw have the required knowledge in C++ and many useful C++
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ogar.jpg (21 KB, 348x463) Image search: [Google]
ogar.jpg
21 KB, 348x463
>tfw have the required knowledge in C++ and many useful C++ libraries and lots of ideas to program an MMORPG but have no motivation to progress

Why anons, am I getting old?
>>
>>55491160
Nah, you just realize that it's a waste of time to make something as complex as an MMORPG.
>>
Don't start a new project from scratch. Make use of existing projects, some of these are even specially designed for people to build new worlds.

http://www.worldforge.org/
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTU2NTQ
>>
>>55491160
I find funnier to make a terminal based e-hentai downloader than a mmorpg
>>
>making something as complex and time-consuming with no team, no money and no paychecks

you're retarded but subconsciously your inner, intelligent self knows how much of a hopeless waste of time that is
>>
>>55492045
well I can put it to kickstarter and run off with the money?
>>
>>55492288
>stealing

do you really have so little self-respect?
>>
>>55491160
Wow Emus nigga
>>
>>55491160
>tfw have the potential to program and create projects but no motivation to do so
>>
>>55491160
>ideas to program an mmorpg
an idea is worthless when you're too stupid to make it into reality.
And anyone who thinks 1 person without funds will create an MMORPG that doesn't instantly fail when groups of 20+ people with many millions of dollars can't even make one survive is obviously far too stupid to pull anything off.
>>
>make an mmorpg
Making an mmo as a single person and wanting it to be any good just doesn't seem like a very good idea. Maybe try making a MUD. It's easier to find motivation when it's something that challenges you but not so bad you can't do anything.
>>
actually coding an mmo is not a hard thing these days considering wide selection of huge libraries around.

artist is the hardest thing to find. a team with 3 programmers and 4 artists will do fine for an mmo that targets around 600 players per node.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.