[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Western Digital Shills btfo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-07-08_17h59_46.png (178 KB, 722x626) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-08_17h59_46.png
178 KB, 722x626
Why do people buy into the western digital meme, they cost more than seagate, are less reliable and cost more than seagate.
>>
>>55490737
>2015
lol just lol
>>
>>55490752
>being a WD shill
>2016
kek
>>
Because of the 5 years warranty?
>>
Because they are clueless.
Anybody who actually cares about his data knows that HGST drives are the most reliable.
>>
File: wd.jpg (16 KB, 600x307) Image search: [Google]
wd.jpg
16 KB, 600x307
What did he mean by that?
>>
Western Digital is horrible. The used to honor OEM drives for warranty returns. Nowadays they just tell you they don't handle them and to contact the retailer you brought it at. Fuck these assholes.
>>
>>55490924
Probably something similar to how every ferrari is a fiat but not really.
>>
I don't think anyone particularly liked WD. They just had no other choice after Samsung was bought by Seagate.
>>
>>55490924
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGST
>>
>tfw WDC is making their own drives shit on purpose to make people purchase high-priced HGSTs
>>
>backblaze
>>
>>55490843
>shit performance or 500GB drives top
wow! what a deal!
meanwhile every sane person buys WD blacks
>>
>>55491010
Samsung was bad desu. I have a spinpoint f3. Only good thing about it is performance, everything else is bad.
>>
>>55491058
source?
>>
>>55491072
Spinpoint F3 was one of the most reliable drives there was. RMA rates confirmed this.
>>
>>55491072
shit buying crap all the time it's just the way it is
ex AMD and ATI
>>
what's the point in 1M hours MTBF if after 4 years I only have 21k on it
>>
>>55490737
>Backblaze
Please just stop. Their data is completely irrelevant to regular end users.
>>
>>55491069
>WD black
its like you hate having money, barracuda drives are faster and 3x cheaper
>>
>>55491069
You don't care about your data.
You don't even care about speed since you would be buying SSDs.

Enjoy your Western Digital hard drives.
>>
So this is a seagate shill thread, neat. . .

Still won't buy their drives after how they merged with maxtor, and became absolute shit when it came to firmware, way worse than the head parking issue WD had
>>
>>55491558
>being a wd shill
wew lad
>>
>>55491358
Barracudas are competing with blues.
Blacks are more reliable and have a longer warranty.

Blacks also have a much faster 4K write (almost twice as fast) and a clearly faster 4K read.
>>
>>55491623
Why would i bring up the head parking issue?

At this point i'm willing to try toshiba drives just to see if they are as bad as the cucking overloads in the hdd market that are seagate and WD
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.