[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that if you bought one of these you basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 63792313032411.png (156 KB, 357x208) Image search: [Google]
63792313032411.png
156 KB, 357x208
Friendly reminder that if you bought one of these you basically threw away your money on a dead on arrival gimmick.

>buh-but muh VR is the future!

C'mon, tell me you use it every day. Yeah, I didn't think so.
>>
>>55489720
ok
>>
They haven't even done the price drop yet.
>>
File: 1444167055424.png (743 KB, 1384x1496) Image search: [Google]
1444167055424.png
743 KB, 1384x1496
>not paying 700eus so you can play hentai VR games

Poorfags out
>>
>tons of projects released, shitpiles more in development
>Throwing away money is subjective, people can buy wat they want
Also dead on arrival means it was broken when it got on your doorstep you sillyboy.
>>
I love my vive. Op is just poor and jealous. Anxiously waiting a resolution increase though
>>
>>55489720
I wouldn't say dead on arrival.

I do agree it was a waste of money currently, however early adopters almost always pay a heavy price. As it currently stands the tech is a solid proof of concept.

The pixels per degree is still fairly lacking for looking at objects far away or analyzing fine details up close. The cable and weight of the HMD are a nuisance.

But overall it shows promise, the biggest problem is the lack of meaty content. Almost every game is done on a shoestring budget by small teams.

Once the tech becomes cheaper and adoption rates increase it will kick off.

Fuck man I just need a game like stalker with mechanically accurate weapons similar to H3VR.

VR HMDs won't replace traditional monitor gaming but it has its strong points as a separate medium.

I don't play it much but I absolutely love squeezing a few rounds with mechanically accurate guns every now and then in a virtual shooting range.

It is a massive hassle with the government to own a firearm and I don't have to pay the ongoing cost for consumable ammunition.

Too bad you can't feel the recoil and weight of the actual gun, might make a DIY peripheral for 2H rifles since holding 2 controllers in mid air is very shaky when firing at targets 100+ feet away.

It is way more engaging than M+KB even if less efficient and slower paced than most traditional games.

Feels quite natural and is easier to grasp than traditional input methods. Decoupled head and hand movement allows gives a high degree of precision and control in 6DoF space.
>>
I will waiting until it become cheaper and lighter.

Meanwhile... I real need to learn how to use Unity engine to create VR movies or games... I can see the future of VR.
>>
>>55490319
That is a wise decision, PC hardware is now within reach but the HMD itself still costs an arm and leg in comparison.
>>
>>55489720
I want to develop a programming IDE that will let me run pages of code and electronic documentation side by side. All I would need to read my documents is to look at them and scroll the document up and down.
>>
>>55489720
VR is this year's tech meme
>VR ready
>VR included
>VR tested
VR x is on every fucking product that comes out this year
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.