[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 26 and never had a job, I've been looking for work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
File: 1467828247831.jpg (44 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1467828247831.jpg
44 KB, 600x400
I'm 26 and never had a job, I've been looking for work since I was 24 and have done a couple thousand applications and only received 1 job offer that was too far away.

Even Mcdonalds has turned me away dozens of times.

I'm fine making minimum/a bit below minwage, I heard you can make about minimum wage by getting good at Mechnical Turk or whatever, is this true?
>>
>>55480294
>Even Mcdonalds has turned me away dozens of times.
haha what?
try looking for construction jobs
>>
>>55480294

>I'm 26 and never had a job

how do you even get by? living off others i suppose
>>
>>55480323
>>55480345

Yeah, it's ridiculous.

I am a flabby weak shit, construction would destroy me.

I lived as a caretaker for several years for my now dead grandfather and was given expenses by him, now I'm living with my mom again with no money.

No inheritance really, had lived month to month.

I have food stamps at least to lessen the burden on my mother.
>>
>>55480294
me too friend
>>
I feel you on the McDonald's. Those motherfuckers are too good for us neckbeards now. Only job that accepted me was some shitty thrift store. Fuck retail.
>>
Rope is the only option here
>>
Lie about everything so you can get a job and some experience.
I used a nice resume with a lot of irrelevant lies for my first job at 29.

Only lies about things you can do though. So dont bluff about your skills and education.
>>
>>55480373
I honestly think they only hire black people, I've seen one Mexican girl and a single white manager but no other white people.

This is true for every mcdonalds in a 5 mile radius of me
>>
send me your CV and portfolio [email protected]
>>
>>55480294
Do you have anything like "vocational training" in your country?
>>
>>55480387
My problem is I can't bullshit past work experience, I've never had a job before.

They see someone mid 20's who has never worked and think I'll either drop out or shoot up the place.
>>
>tfw similar situation but too depressed, unmotivated and bitter to do anything about it now
>>
>>55480418
Trial and error.
>>
>>55480435
Can't I be reported for something, maybe by lying about work the IRS might accuse me of tax fraud or something?
>>
>>55480398
I've noticed. Every McDonald's over here is pretty much the hood so I rarely go eat there. It's a shame, i guess it's better to hire dropouts who have no where to go for forever
>>
>>55480447
No one cares. If they want to check your references you found a better offer.

Oh yeah, you worked at a call center help desk. Good luck.
>>
How stupid would it be for me to move to DC where you can legally grow and sell weed to become a legal drug dealer?

Would that require a business license?

I can get maybe $2000 to invest in a grower/seed and live in my car until profitable?
>>
>>55480363
construction wouldn't destroy you, it'd build you. you'll make you hold a flag or something for a while and you'll eventually start doing more. it pays good and people don't think you're a shithead for doing it.
>>
>>55480541
I can bench maybe 65 pounds, I am weak as fuck.

I used to be in shape and bench 150 but I got depressed and just gave up on my health.
>>
>>55480373
mcdonalds won't hire you if you're too smart. seriously you can google it mcdonalds will only hire people with below average iqs, being of normal intelligence will fuck you. mispell shit on your application, use shitty grammar, and claim you're not good with a computer and you'll get the job.
>>
>>55480523
it requires a license, and you can't get one without a shit ton of capital. you need the perfect place (their standards on where you can build are stupid) and they only give out a few a year if any. DC probably already has the maximum they will ever have.
>>
>>55480294
>mcdonalds has turned me away dozens of times
this is who is calling you a shill for being able to afford nvidia products

this is who you argue with every single day.

why do you still come here, /g/?
>>
Make shitty YouTube videos and collect welfare

Even a small amount of money coming in will be helpful
>>
Collect scrap metal and sell it to scrapyards
>>
Call one of those employment agencies, cycle around a few types of jobs, then when you find a job you actually want, only list "relevant work experience" and use one of the ones from the agency.
>>
>>55480561
Ah this is why you don't have a job

You're a lazy fuck who rationalizes why you "can't" do something when you can.
>>
>>55480618
I don't masturbate over my PC hardware, I built this 4 years ago when my grandfather was still taking care of my living expenses in exchange for taking care of him and I'm still happy with it.(Intel/AMD btw)

>>55480655
I already get food stamps, I don't have the personality for YT.

>>55480701
They only give you a job for a day and the closest one is 15 miles from me, I've done it before but my car is a piece of shit and doing that ride multiple times a week would kill it probably.
>>
>>55480564

This.

No point in hiring someone if they have the ability to walk away from your company at anytime.

Companies want to entrap you to keep working there, believe it or not.
>>
>>55480722
I'd be willing to try, but honestly seeing me try is embarrassing and I feel any self respecting employer seeing me struggle with basic lifting would be in their right to fire me honestly.

I'm willing to work my hardest but I just see myself getting embarrassed and fired at manual labor.
>>
>>55480726
>I cant drive 15 miles
Ok, fuck off now.
>>
>>55480761
Better start jogging and pushups today then.
>>
>>55480762
My car overheats when going that far, I don't have money for repairs unless I sell essentially everything besides clothing and furniture.
>>
>>55480800
What is construction mostly then?

Don't you still need to unload things like heavy steel pipes, lumber, etc?
>>
>>55480294
Do you happen to be a convicted pedo? That may be why.
>>
>>55480832
heaviest stuff you might carry are 20kgs bags of cement or whatever, everything else is done by machines, be it carts and the like
>>
>>55480294
You need to study the art of getting a job.

First be neat on your app.
Take a shower, put on clean clothes. Don't look like a fucking slug.

Walk in and ask for the manager.
Shake their hand and ask if they are hiring.

Have a conversation with them, tell them your availability and show you're eager to work.

Then when you need to check up on it.

Go in, in person and check on it.

Secondly, you'll make about 7 dollars an hour on mturk. Mini jobs and surveys that pay small amounts. Learn what an hours worth of time is worth to you and choose jobs accordingly.
>>
yeah, as a turker, i would not recommend you enter that ultra-capitalist friedmanesque shithole. the real thing is bad enough. also, the platform is way different now than what it used to be. keep looking for a real job, even if its minimum wage. and/or go back to school.
>>
>>55480924

I literally fucking hate that the world works this way.

"Hi, I'm anon. I want to sell my soul to you and spend everyday of my life doing something I don't want to do for money. I'm going to do it with a smile too."

Jesus fuck, someone take over the world and fix this.
>>
>>55480888
>>55480864
OP these guys are just as pathetic as you. You SHOULD be able to carry 20 lb beams by yourself. The only time you need to have help is when you are carrying the beams that go on the roof. Other than that, you should be able to do everything on your own. Take it from a guy who moves people around and orders them. They start of weak like you, but soon they see that money and bam, they haul ass faster than a rabbit can fuck.
>>
File: perfect.jpg (187 KB, 799x757) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
187 KB, 799x757
>>55480294
whatever u do

don't work for Chinese ppl

they're going to treat u like garbage

because they know u can be easily replaced, they were raised in a country with a gazillion replaceable human beings
>>
>>55480924
what if you have long hair?
>>
i bet op is refusing to do construction because he's degenerate neet trap
>>
You should do some volunteer work and build up your resume. Honestly, I never used to be able to, but it's fairly easy to justify lying on your resume. The market is a fickle beast right now, you need to do what you need to do to get ahead. Shits cut throat. I worked at a fast food place for 9 months (getting maybe 3-10 hours a week, kek), then a horrible sales call centre for a month (of which I was only on calls for about a week). My resume would tell you I worked at that fast food place for well over a year and the sales job for five months. Thanks to that I ended up getting a full time job and a years worth of legitimate IT experience providing support to a major bank, all because I did what I needed to do. So, moral of the story - volunteer for some legitimate experience, getting out the house and feeling good about yourself, and don't be afraid to drop a few 'creative changes' on your resume.
>>
>>55480523
You actually can't legally sell weed in DC except for medicinal. It's only legal to posses and consume otherwise.
>>
>couple thousand

yeah and I have a bridge to sell you.
>>
>>55481730
You know the same thing can be said for literally any race...

>keep thinking your white manager gives two shits about
>>
>>55480812
Walk, you cunt. I am a power tool repairman, and before I got a serious uppin' in pay, I walked 10 miles to work every fucking day. To and fro.

So fuck you for being a lazy cunt. Because you are.
>>
>>55480812
Learn to fix it yourself, dumbass. If you have internets, you habe knowledge of the entire world under your fingertips.

Car probably just needs a new radiator hose or something, or you are too stupid to add water to the cooling system.

My god, this generation should serve as pig feed.
>>
>>55480872
Bags are 50 kg over here :)
>>
>>55481696
Better convert that hate towards finding ajob and stop the philosophy. Also, capitalism, ho!!!
>>
>>55480294
/g/ - jobs and career advice
>>
OP, contact the local Salvation Army and Goodwill, and see if they will give you a job or hook you up with somebody who can. Even hobo or druggie charities might help you out.
>>
>>55480294
>tfw when two jobs

job one
>20hrs a week remote perl programmer for small company

job two
>in office 40hr a week software dev at major startup

my resume is basically a NEET slayer, you guys should just give up
>>
>>55483751
hue.

>>55480294
Search for workonline on reddit. There's some stuff that probably can make you some bucks or whatever.

Or you can work as a janitor somewhere.
>>
>>55480294
Not technology
>>>>>/out/
>>
>>55483813
I don't like how many replies this thread has
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK GUYS?!
>>
File: 1457875891360.jpg (37 KB, 466x349) Image search: [Google]
1457875891360.jpg
37 KB, 466x349
>>55480561
Doesn't mean shit bro.
I shit you not, my last rookie could hardly lift a 20lb bag of rags when he first started.
I had that fucker lifting 3-400lb pieces of stone with me in 2-4 months.

Hit the gym, work hard, and you'll be fine.
You come up with excuses because you want to, there's people out there with 2 jobs and your telling me you can't find one?
Apply yourself fool.
>>
I don't like lying on resumes, whatever happened to rewarding honesty as a virtue?
>>
Sell your blood and plasma, will get you like 70 or more a week at least..
>>
>>55480294
you don't have anything useful to show to your potential employers?
>>
>>55484507
from 20lbs to 400lb in 4 months.

SURE THING BUDDY.
>>
I'm sorry if you're ugly and being discriminated against OP. Seek unemployment benefits
>>
>>55485820
team lifting is magical

most scrawny guys can hobble around with a 100lb object held close to their chest
>>
>>55485820
that's "functional strength" memelords for you
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.