[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone had any experience with using a wireless mouse and keyboard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: crowded.png (304 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
crowded.png
304 KB, 1080x1920
Anyone had any experience with using a wireless mouse and keyboard in a very crowded 2.4ghz area. This is currently my apartment, as you can see it's a very crowded air space. I'm only about 6ft away.

I didn't notice a difference from when I had it in the back of the computer to the front. I have a USB extension cord. You think If I could elevate the receiver my mouse wouldn't skip around sometimes.
>>
You sound retarded. Don't use wireless mice. Don't use 2.4Ghz routers in an apartment building. Use 5ghz or wire everything via ethernet.
>>
>>55480201

You have luck anon im moving so im literally doing the set up to my shitty arris modem.

put your network in channel 10 and the wireless operation in a single mode. N would be the "best" unless you have AC. G works too but i prefer N for an apartment.

Relocate your router the most centered part of your apartment and on a high place.

if your modem has a specific options for N, configure the operation mode to Greenfield (that way it wont give a fuck about the other networks) and the channel bandwith to either 40 or 20/40Mhz

Thats it...something basic that should do wonders.

I.E. my router is in the center of the house 10cm below the roof, bot antennas are in a 45° and both are 8DBi (costed like 3 bucks).

I can go to the bathrom below the stairs with thick walls and have excellent reception there.
>>
Any recommended place to read about how to make a non shitty home Wi-Fi?
>>
Here, anon, let me help you.

>>55482182

This guy got pretty much everything right, except that you should probably get an 18dB antena instead. They're like 4 - 5 bucks off Gearbest or Ali.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Advanced_wireless_settings

Go here to read about your router and if you can, install ddwrt. It will free a lot of restrictions from your router's manufacturer.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.